CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 29, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #29,611 of 31,833
Hi, I am trying to make an IEM purchase and would love some recommendations:

- Looking for V-shaped with good sub-bass extension and impact, as well as upper treble detail and air. For context, fullsize fostex headphones are my fav.
- Comfort is important
- Needs to have a mic cable option
- I prefer straight down but I can do over ear also
- Will likely aftermarket foam tips

- IEMs I have had in the past are DUNU DN-1000 which were great with comply foamies. I also had KZ ZS6 which I didn't like due to lack of sub-bass and too much treble but the detail was great.

I am thinking of trying KZ ZS10 Pro now, anything else better I should try? Thanks!
The ZEX pro kinda fits what you looking for but comfort ...
CCA CRA, Tanchjim Tanya (not too good with foam) or Dee Tee 6 (haven't try yet)

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #29,613 of 31,833

- Looking for V-shaped with good sub-bass extension and impact, as well as upper treble detail and air. For context, fullsize fostex headphones are my fav.
- Comfort is important

- IEMs I have had in the past are DUNU DN-1000 which were great with comply foamies. I also had KZ ZS6 which I didn't like due to lack of sub-bass and too much treble but the detail was great.

I am thinking of trying KZ ZS10 Pro now, anything else better I should try? Thanks!
I really like my Kz zs10 pros and non pros. I recommend them. The fit and comfort is excellent. One thing to look out for though Is disentegrating posts on the connectors, if you swap cables a lot. They seem to be made from acrylic. Hasn't happened to my other kz or kbears with that type of connectors, and they might have changed them, in the two years or so I've had them. My type c connectors fall off now. Normal 2 pin cables still fit, I've just ordered a new tripowin zonie for mine today😀.

My favourite is the kz ba10. It's fit isn't as nice, but it's build quality is amazing. I got em on sale for £33, but they are hard to find now.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #29,614 of 31,833
Hello fellow head-fier’s!

Is BQEYZ Autumn paving the way to a new kind of tuning? Here’s my quick impression on their latest gem at the link below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-16791044

1642951672724.jpgmagneto-face-7.jpg Courtesy of Marvel Comics
Enjoy! :beerchug:

-Clear

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #29,615 of 31,833

- Comfort is important

E1000c i think is a great option too but try to take care of its cable !!!
KZ ZAS maybe would be good too
FD3 is a great option but you will need a cheap mic cable to use with it !!!

I would advise though to buy a cheap mic cable and use it when needed

Sorry haven't tried ZS 10 pro but others here can chip in 😁

Good luck on finding the iem 😊

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #29,616 of 31,833
E1000c i think is a great option too but try to take care of its cable !!!
KZ ZAS maybe would be good too
FD3 is a great option but you will need a cheap mic cable to use with it !!!

I would advise though to buy a cheap mic cable and use it when needed

Sorry haven't tried ZS 10 pro but others here can chip in 😁

Good luck on finding the iem 😊
Thanks Kratos

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #29,617 of 31,833

- Comfort is important

As others forumer said you may try Tanja, warm more midbass, or Senf** dee tee6, deep sub bass.
Boot straigh cables and mic.

Better then zs10 pro, bloated bass, are the C12 or nra (more treble hot) boot over ears with mic option.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #29,618 of 31,833
Just checking in to know if anyone has received their Tripowin Lea yet and could share some thoughts 😊

Edit: watched a bunch of reviews on utube and decided I'll pass on these. Doesn't seem like one of those "crazy value for price" things I usually aim for.

P.s. Heart Mirror has arrived at my post office. I'm a lazy cat, so am waiting for a cable (XINHS) to arrive before I go get the HM in order not to make the trip twice, lol. Can't wait, hope it blows my mind

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #29,619 of 31,833
Just checking in to know if anyone has received their Tripowin Lea yet and could share some thoughts 😊

Bggar review it, some other review but comparing it to Aria and Tin T3+ which is in difference price bracket.
so far it seems to be more neutral Aria, with less bass and more polite treble.

Currently i'm planning either buying gear (eartip and cable) for CRA or get replacement and Lea is on short list.
That being said, due to the news on Bggar Olina, i may choose to wait a bit for reviews and save more money to (possibly) buy it.

Rumor has it, that Bggar manage to found Oxygen driver supplier/seller (or close to it) and manage to get close to recreating Tanjchim Oxygen for $99.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #29,620 of 31,833
Bggar review it, some other review but comparing it to Aria and Tin T3+ which is in difference price bracket.
so far it seems to be more neutral Aria, with less bass and more polite treble.

Currently i'm planning either buying gear (eartip and cable) for CRA or get replacement and Lea is on short list.
That being said, due to the news on Bggar Olina, i may choose to wait a bit for reviews and save more money to (possibly) buy it.

Rumor has it, that Bggar manage to found Oxygen driver supplier/seller (or close to it) and manage to get close to recreating Tanjchim Oxygen for $99.
Buy Dusk:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
There's a chance that you don't like CRA sharpness, i like Heart Mirror sharpness but not CRA so... Kinda interested in Lea and Olina aswell

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #29,622 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back