CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 21, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #29,596 of 31,845
I no longer tell people what my Noble Kaiser Encore are or how much they cost, they will never understand. I consider them well worth the money for the joy I have got from them over the last 5 years and continue to get from them.
I generally dwell in the budget end of the market, but have been fortunate enough to make the odd bigger purchase from time to time.
I have built up a small collection of Chi-fi gear over the last few years and really enjoy using them. Just yesterday I was thoroughly absorbed listening to the $5 Vido earbud whilst the Noble was sitting on the desk unused. It really does make me question my sanity sometimes.
I've heard the OG Kaiser next to mid-fi and high end iems nowadays and it does not compare favourably at all. Its still one of the reasons I'm reluctant to get a kilobuck iem. The IER-M9 was an exception as i got it for $500 ish from a friend but even then i still dwell on whether it was a good purchase.

Bang for buck purchases give more lasting satisfation imo. When you spend a lot you expect the best from it and when it gets beaten down by newer iems it really stings.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #29,597 of 31,845
I'd be very worried if high-end gear hadn't moved on the last 5 or so years.
I went to a headphone event in London back then and listened to a lot of gear at the time. The Noble was the one that I instantly connected with and I still do to this day. I've not listened to any mid-fi or high end iems since then.

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #29,598 of 31,845
So I've been going down the rabbit hole of iem's for the first time. Started with Galaxy Buds+, Live, and Pros. Then onto timeless, mele, lea, kz crn and arias. Also a btr5 and some cables.

After spending some time with the timeless, it's really finicky. Needs the btr5. Sound meh with my utws3's. In hindsight I should have gotten the qudelix, but the btr5 still sounds good. The analytical quality of the timeless is crazy good, but the tonality isn't quite what I want.

The lea blew me away. I wasn't going to get it until ceeluh7 said he liked them, so I ordered them with the mele's. They take eq very well, are much more forgiving than the timeless, and man they get close to the timeless for me for a fraction of the price ($26).

Last to come in were the arias. I knew right away this was more the tonality I was going for. I can see some things not being rated as highly as others, but these are incredible and must buys for 70. They're the only iem I have so far where I eq them differently than my others. I'm not even tempted to try a higher tier like the blessing 2's or variations.

I def need more time with these, but right now my favs in order of most fav to least are: aria, lea, timeless, galaxy bud pros. It's just funny when you look at the prices of each of them.

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #29,600 of 31,845
Jan 24, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #29,601 of 31,845
Jan 24, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #29,602 of 31,845
Jan 24, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #29,603 of 31,845
Do there products have a chemical smell?
I doubt it. At least I don't remember any smell. Maybe there was some slight factory smell at the start, but I don't remember paying attention to that when I got it (was a long time ago). Just sniffed it, and smells more like chocolate than anything chemical (I usually store some candy next to my bed, just in case, and that's where I store my earphones too) 😹

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #29,604 of 31,845
Had to get one of those Iksnail cases, looked so neat:)

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #29,605 of 31,845
Had to get one of those Iksnail cases, looked so neat:)
Not really trying to advertise here (no affiliation, etc.) 😅 But they do look and feel very good. Especially when compared to other cases for the same price on Ali. Idk y they aren't more popular, was pleasantly surprised by the quality when I first received my case
IMG_20220124_165835.jpg

IMG_20220124_165938~01.jpg

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #29,607 of 31,845
If you're looking for a warm sounding Chifi IEM with fairly good detail, great comfort, and which is part of the entry-level bracket, the T3 Plus from Tinhifi and Linsoul Audio redefined my expectations from what Chifi IEMs are able to deliver.

This ain't that shouty, sibilant sound that people usually associate with the Tin series, and T3 Plus actually follows an entirely different signature, which I explore in depth in my full written review, also comparing the new T3 Plus to other IEMs to help you find your next fun dealer~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/tin-t3-plus-iems-chifis-getting-hotter.html

Tin-Hifi-T3-Plus-IEMs-Chifi-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Cable-Linsoul-08.jpg

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #29,608 of 31,845
"whew" was all I could get out after I finally finished the review for these and got them out of my ears. What a roller coaster of an IEM (the FR would probably nod along with that asssesment)

It's not bad, and some elements are indeed a step in the right direction, trebleheads rejoice! Treble-sensitives, look elsewhere

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kotori-audio-dauntless.25625/review/27785/

@NymPHONOmaniac Finally got something out mate, will try to get some more NBBA rapid-fire impressions when I have the time to spare.

20211207_105256.jpg

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #29,609 of 31,845
Just got the whizzer he01. It's on sale on amazon, a bit less than reg price. I am just shocked. I got the t3+ as well, but it's not getting opened until tom. These are insanely good. It's too soon to say, but the more I listen to them, the more I am convinced it's better than the timeless (for me). I'm using them with a btr5 wired to pc, tripowin zonie 16 core spc 2.5mm cable, and I eq'ed them on the pc. The sound great not eq'ed as well. This is the first iem where I've made so many gesture and facial expressions because of the price. It most definitely does a lot of things better than the timeless, and the tonality is just sooooooooo good! I didn't think I could like anything more than the aria and lea at this price range. This is without a doubt the sub $100 killer.

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #29,610 of 31,845
Hi, I am trying to make an IEM purchase and would love some recommendations:

- Looking for V-shaped with good sub-bass extension and impact, as well as upper treble detail and air. For context, fullsize fostex headphones are my fav.
- Comfort is important
- Needs to have a mic cable option
- I prefer straight down but I can do over ear also
- Will likely aftermarket foam tips

- IEMs I have had in the past are DUNU DN-1000 which were great with comply foamies. I also had KZ ZS6 which I didn't like due to lack of sub-bass and too much treble but the detail was great.

I am thinking of trying KZ ZS10 Pro now, anything else better I should try? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back