CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 18, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #29,581 of 31,845
Is the bag that comes with Blon 03 always linen (or whatever) now, or is there still a chance to get the velvet/velour baggy? 😀

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #29,583 of 31,845
Jan 19, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #29,586 of 31,845
Jan 19, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #29,587 of 31,845
If a huge soundstage, amazing clarity, outstanding detail, and all at an entry-level towards midrange bracket are your things, then DUNU has something really nifty in store for you with their Falcon Pro IEMS!

Those get to replace all of the previous Dunu models that I heard in what I consider to be the most ergonomic IEM they released to date, still with that detailed, dynamic and punchy sound that Dunu shared with their previous IEMs!

Don't worry, I didn't let them slide, so I took the time to compare the Dunu PRO with much of the heated competition around the price point, so if you're looking for a high quality IEM, I hope my full written review is fun to dig in!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/dunu-falcon-pro-prime-performer-music-reformer.html

Dunu-Falcon-Pro-Chinese-Chifi-IEMS-Earphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-17.jpg

Jan 19, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #29,588 of 31,845
If a huge soundstage, amazing clarity, outstanding detail, and all at an entry-level towards midrange bracket are your things, then DUNU has something really nifty in store for you with their Falcon Pro IEMS!

Those get to replace all of the previous Dunu models that I heard in what I consider to be the most ergonomic IEM they released to date, still with that detailed, dynamic and punchy sound that Dunu shared with their previous IEMs!

Don't worry, I didn't let them slide, so I took the time to compare the Dunu PRO with much of the heated competition around the price point, so if you're looking for a high quality IEM, I hope my full written review is fun to dig in!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/dunu-falcon-pro-prime-performer-music-reformer.html

Dunu-Falcon-Pro-Chinese-Chifi-IEMS-Earphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-17.jpg
Nice review. Ur "entry-level towards midrange bracket" is more than all my audio equipment put together :p and I consider myself well into the "midrange" 😹

Jan 19, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #29,589 of 31,845
Nice review. Ur "entry-level towards midrange bracket" is more than all my audio equipment put together :p and I consider myself well into the "midrange" 😹

Woah, sorry for your pocket, this is the baseline when you enter Head-Fi... :)

I think that most consider entry-level everything below 100 USD, then midrange between 100 USD and about 500 USD, after which you get to high-end where the diminishing returns effect kick in big time. The more closer you get to 100 USD, the better it sounds for the money, both ways :beerchug:

Jan 19, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #29,591 of 31,845
Very subjective. Some sub $100 Chi-Fi has significantly surpassed what would be deemed as midfi IEMs (based on price) from a few years back.

Jan 20, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #29,593 of 31,845
think that most consider entry-level everything below 100 USD, then midrange between 100 USD and about 500 USD, after which you get to high-end where the diminishing returns effect kick in big time
I get that, everything is subjective. And ones opinion on those categories likely depends highly on ones home currency. $500 is a rediculous amount to spend on a single item for me, cus that's pretty much the official (it's actually 2 times lower :p) average monthly pay in my country. And I then there are Stax headphone for more than I'd make in a year 🤤
I was pretty much considered insane by my classmates at university for buying IEMs that cost more than $10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So basically, I only get stuff that has been successfully approved by the hype train and stood the test of time (Blon 03 (mod :p), KZ DQ6 (mod :p), finally found the courage to spend $37 (that's the most I've given for an iem so far) to get a Heart Mirror on the past winter sales, and u've guessed it, gonna mod it) :). I squeeze as much as I can from every penny. I'm pretty sure that a few years ago, I had the ultimate budget combo of phone/DAP+iem possible (MiA1+attenuation adapter - best phone audio for price (no DAC, but powerful amp, even too powerful)/Zishan Z3 mod (AK4490 DAC+OP275+OPA1622 OP AMP) + MH755 for casual listening/Blon 03 (clarity mod) for home listening and all that for below $150 😎).
Lol, idk why I'm even writing all this. Just wanted to brag about how good quality/price I had at the time, a lot of which was gained by doing mods 😹

Jan 21, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #29,594 of 31,845
I get that, everything is subjective. And ones opinion on those categories likely depends highly on ones home currency. $500 is a rediculous amount to spend on a single item for me, cus that's pretty much the official (it's actually 2 times lower :p) average monthly pay in my country. And I then there are Stax headphone for more than I'd make in a year 🤤
I was pretty much considered insane by my classmates at university for buying IEMs that cost more than $10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So basically, I only get stuff that has been successfully approved by the hype train and stood the test of time (Blon 03 (mod :p), KZ DQ6 (mod :p), finally found the courage to spend $37 (that's the most I've given for an iem so far) to get a Heart Mirror on the past winter sales, and u've guessed it, gonna mod it) :). I squeeze as much as I can from every penny. I'm pretty sure that a few years ago, I had the ultimate budget combo of phone/DAP+iem possible (MiA1+attenuation adapter - best phone audio for price (no DAC, but powerful amp, even too powerful)/Zishan Z3 mod (AK4490 DAC+OP275+OPA1622 OP AMP) + MH755 for casual listening/Blon 03 (clarity mod) for home listening and all that for below $150 😎).
Lol, idk why I'm even writing all this. Just wanted to brag about how good quality/price I had at the time, a lot of which was gained by doing mods 😹
I've been called insane more than once for spending more than $20 USD on a pair of wired IEMs/Earphones here in America.

And I always get the "go Bluetooth bro" type speeches.

Jan 21, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #29,595 of 31,845
I no longer tell people what my Noble Kaiser Encore are or how much they cost, they will never understand. I consider them well worth the money for the joy I have got from them over the last 5 years and continue to get from them.
I generally dwell in the budget end of the market, but have been fortunate enough to make the odd bigger purchase from time to time.
I have built up a small collection of Chi-fi gear over the last few years and really enjoy using them. Just yesterday I was thoroughly absorbed listening to the $5 Vido earbud whilst the Noble was sitting on the desk unused. It really does make me question my sanity sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back