CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 20, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #24,827 of 31,833
Thanx mate, I will take a look

Just saying my ears the Mee P1 is closer to Grado than my others then again I only have 60’s and 225’s.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #24,828 of 31,833
My first and only IEM so far is the BLON BL-03 which I think it's available for $24 I believe during the summer sale, which what really sold me is that it's the $30 tuning champion... to my personal knowledge anyway, also I think I've seen a few comments mentioning that it's also the champion of acoustic instrument solos and or small band of acoustic instruments, so it could be great for jazz and blues, maybe not so great for rock depending on how big the band is.

Be warned that it's out of the box experience is... flawed to say the least, mostly because of the tangle prone, all kinds of wrong memory hook, and air intake blocking cable that is best swapped for just about any aftermarket one out there (even one going for like $7 during this sale would be a big improvement), a hydrophilic mesh filter that eventually needs removal if it absorbs too much moisture and last but most importantly a short nozzle that demands a lot of experimenting with eartips (I eventually got it working with some Dekoni Bulletz). Also its soundstage and imaging are often described as either star shaped or just plain weird, but never tested this properly myself. So depending on how much you care about out of the box experience you may be better served elsewhere. I don't know much else about $25 and lower however like maybe QKZ VK4 would be great also in this bracket but not many reviews about it out there. Slater seems to have a lot of experience in this price bracket so hopefully he shows up.

May be useful to know anything about the source you're going to plug it into, since for example Amir from ASR measured 17Ω on his HP workstation and my source is an HP laptop so it could have a similar output impedance and most single driver IEM (may or may not include single BA IEMs) have nearly perfect resistor like impedance across the entire hearable frequency range. In contrast some BAs, particularly in multi BA IEMs can have their impedance drop to single digits of Ω so I can only imagine what kinds of screwed up will an IEM like this will sound when plugged into my laptop.

And before anyone asks. No, my laptop is not supposed to have any vacuum tubes (not sure how you'd fit a vacuum tube on a laptop anyway). Also if anyone asks about my impressions so far with the BL-03 I'd describe them as neutral with a bass boost (treble also sounds boosted to my ears as well but only slightly and nowhere near the extent of the bass boost), that's really all I can say about them.

Edit: I think CVJ CSA may be a great low budget IEM from impressions so far, but again I don't own this.

I also wonder if a 1DD 1BA IEM exist where the drivers are crossed at 200-250Hz or so, since I'm mostly used to seeing the crossover at the point where the lower mids end (like 1-1.5kHz).
You may be on to something. Tube Laptops for Audiophiles! 😂🤣

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #24,829 of 31,833
Jun 21, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #24,832 of 31,833
My first and only IEM so far is the BLON BL-03 which I think it's available for $24 I believe during the summer sale, which what really sold me is that it's the $30 tuning champion... to my personal knowledge anyway, also I think I've seen a few comments mentioning that it's also the champion of acoustic instrument solos and or small band of acoustic instruments, so it could be great for jazz and blues, maybe not so great for rock depending on how big the band is.

Be warned that it's out of the box experience is... flawed to say the least, mostly because of the tangle prone, all kinds of wrong memory hook, and air intake blocking cable that is best swapped for just about any aftermarket one out there (even one going for like $7 during this sale would be a big improvement), a hydrophilic mesh filter that eventually needs removal if it absorbs too much moisture and last but most importantly a short nozzle that demands a lot of experimenting with eartips (I eventually got it working with some Dekoni Bulletz). Also its soundstage and imaging are often described as either star shaped or just plain weird, but never tested this properly myself. So depending on how much you care about out of the box experience you may be better served elsewhere. I don't know much else about $25 and lower however like maybe QKZ VK4 would be great also in this bracket but not many reviews about it out there. Slater seems to have a lot of experience in this price bracket so hopefully he shows up.

May be useful to know anything about the source you're going to plug it into, since for example Amir from ASR measured 17Ω on his HP workstation and my source is an HP laptop so it could have a similar output impedance and most single driver IEM (may or may not include single BA IEMs) have nearly perfect resistor like impedance across the entire hearable frequency range. In contrast some BAs, particularly in multi BA IEMs can have their impedance drop to single digits of Ω so I can only imagine what kinds of screwed up will an IEM like this will sound when plugged into my laptop.

And before anyone asks. No, my laptop is not supposed to have any vacuum tubes (not sure how you'd fit a vacuum tube on a laptop anyway). Also if anyone asks about my impressions so far with the BL-03 I'd describe them as neutral with a bass boost (treble also sounds boosted to my ears as well but only slightly and nowhere near the extent of the bass boost), that's really all I can say about them.

Edit: I think CVJ CSA may be a great low budget IEM from impressions so far, but again I don't own this.

I also wonder if a 1DD 1BA IEM exist where the drivers are crossed at 200-250Hz or so, since I'm mostly used to seeing the crossover at the point where the lower mids end (like 1-1.5kHz).
Yes, the CVJ CSA is a very good low price IEM with a much more mature and neutral tuning than usual.

Jun 21, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #24,833 of 31,833
Firstly, thanks for new comments and recommendations. Because my post is deleted, I'll paste it at the end of that post again. For anyone doesn't understand what happened, I'd thought I was in wrong topic and reported my post to get it deleted. Sorry to confuse all the topic.

@JEHL I'm gonna use it mostly with my mobile phone, iPhone 8. Don't know how much output impedance it has.

@Nimweth Right now I'm looking at CVJ CSA. It looks fine but I'm not sure if these type of headphones will fit into my ear. I had a QCY T2 before, and it was fitting well. Thus, it should be okay if in ear part of CSA is as long as T2's.

They are so many brands and models in CHI-FI market and it makes harder to make decision. With every headphone I research, I find another headphones :)

Hi guys. I'm searching a budget IEMs and I've been watching that topic since yesterday. I've read first and last pages but obviously it is not possible to check every page to find what I'm looking for. Therefore I'm asking you directly to find the correct earbuds for myself. By the way, I'm not good at telling what I want, especially while choosing IEMs :)

My budget is around 15-25 dollars. I'm planning to get it from AliExpress. I listen every types of music, but I usually stick around blues, rock and smooth jazz. I'm looking for a balanced IEMs, with a wide soundstage. Actually it's not have to be very wide, just enough to recognize the instruments easily and get the 3d ambience easily. Also more known brands might be better for guaranteeing the sound quality, checking the reviews and avoiding the misproduction.

Some headphones I've used so far:
Apple Earpods: I like the soundstage of Apple Earpods (a bit wider will be better I think) but I don't like the sound quality of it. I think it may be better in every sound frequencies.
I've used Sennheiser MX-475 and it was better than earpods and closer to my expectations. But it was not good enough in songs which include so many instruments playing at the same time. There was a sound jam.
I got Blitzwolf FYE7 from Aliexpress last year and it was a good bluetooth earbuds for the price. I think it was better than former in sound quality (except too much bass sound which covers the other frequencies) but had a worse soundstage.
Just so you know, I've tested all on iOS with R&B equalizer option.

I hope these comparisons describe what I want. Thanks in advance.

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #24,835 of 31,833
Firstly, thanks for new comments and recommendations. Because my post is deleted, I'll paste it at the end of that post again. For anyone doesn't understand what happened, I'd thought I was in wrong topic and reported my post to get it deleted. Sorry to confuse all the topic.

@JEHL I'm gonna use it mostly with my mobile phone, iPhone 8. Don't know how much output impedance it has.

@Nimweth Right now I'm looking at CVJ CSA. It looks fine but I'm not sure if these type of headphones will fit into my ear. I had a QCY T2 before, and it was fitting well. Thus, it should be okay if in ear part of CSA is as long as T2's.

They are so many brands and models in CHI-FI market and it makes harder to make decision. With every headphone I research, I find another headphones :)

Hi guys. I'm searching a budget IEMs and I've been watching that topic since yesterday. I've read first and last pages but obviously it is not possible to check every page to find what I'm looking for. Therefore I'm asking you directly to find the correct earbuds for myself. By the way, I'm not good at telling what I want, especially while choosing IEMs :)

My budget is around 15-25 dollars. I'm planning to get it from AliExpress. I listen every types of music, but I usually stick around blues, rock and smooth jazz. I'm looking for a balanced IEMs, with a wide soundstage. Actually it's not have to be very wide, just enough to recognize the instruments easily and get the 3d ambience easily. Also more known brands might be better for guaranteeing the sound quality, checking the reviews and avoiding the misproduction.

Apple Earpods: I like the soundstage of Apple Earpods (a bit wider will be better I think) but I don't like the sound quality of it. I think it may be better in every sound frequencies.
I've used Sennheiser MX-475 and it was better than earpods and closer to my expectations. But it was not good enough in songs which include so many instruments playing at the same time. There was a sound jam.
I got Blitzwolf FYE7 from Aliexpress last year and it was a good bluetooth earbuds for the price. I think it was better than former in sound quality (except too much bass sound which covers the other frequencies) but had a worse soundstage.

Not gonna lie, Id love to see your impression on the CVJ CSA once you get it, since the only thing I can seemingly compare them to signature wise is maybe either Tin Hifi T2 or the Tin Hifi T3.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #24,836 of 31,833

CVJ CSA is very comfortable. You should have no problem with those.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #24,837 of 31,833
Not gonna lie, Id love to see your impression on the CVJ CSA once you get it, since the only thing I can seemingly compare them to signature wise is maybe either Tin Hifi T2 or the Tin Hifi T3.
I think I'll buy this one or the BLON. But really not sure about which one will satisfy me more. I'm gonna do some search on the web and give the final decision. Thanks.

Edit: I've just bought the CVJ from AliExpress. Hope it'll reach me after a long journey :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #24,838 of 31,833
Now if only there's an FR
There might be...

CCA CA16_result.jpg

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #24,839 of 31,833
I think I'll buy this one or the BLON. But really not sure about which one will satisfy me more. I'm gonna do some search on the web and give the final decision. Thanks.

Edit: I've just bought the CVJ from AliExpress. Hope it'll reach me after a long journey :)

You've probably done the right thing. The Blon is great, but it's also quite limited technically. It's got a very "vinyl through vintage hifi and big floorstanding speakers" sound, which isn't for everyone. I've also found my Xiaomi Pocophone doesn't really give it enough power to really sing. I'm not sure how much power the iPhone puts out but I'd be slow to recommend the Blon to someone as an only IEM or if they were using a phone as a source. Look forward to hearing your opinion on the CVJ

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back