CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 2, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #23,626 of 31,833
With sound that good, running goes by fast!

Yes, my feelings exactly. All physical activity begins at the mind. When you workout regularly, it starts to get repetitive after a few years, you feel less motivated due to the cyclic nature. With my music, I could be running circles in a Park or be out in open near-wilderness and my mind would be satiated, keeping my body comfortable.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #23,627 of 31,833
Anyone tried ordering MH755's from AE? Are they legit?

I wanna dump my coupons before the sale ends, might as well try a pair.

You might pm Slater and he can direct you to legit MH755's, I love mine so much I consigned him to MMCX my 750's and 755's :beerchug: Must also give props to the Panda and his cable job on the purple cable:thumbsup:

Sony Trio.JPG

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #23,629 of 31,833
Does mh755 have qc problems? I bought 2 genuine ones, everything was great, but the 1st pair died after 1 month, the 2nd ones after 6 month. Are blons much better earphones?

I’ve had zero issues with any of my MH7XX’s but then again they are in a large rotation pool! Can’t speak for the Blon’s as I never bit and hate short nozzles unless the iem’s are bullet shaped. Now for my conundrum it’s the findings of so many who say the LZ Mini 6 lacks in male vocals especially deep ones however I may not have any deep tone male singers! I think it was said that male vocals don’t present forward and I’ve been in my Mini 6 for two days playing every male singer I have and even Chris Cornel kills it.

85D37EB2-EFE1-44F7-B361-D56483CA8B97.jpeg

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #23,630 of 31,833
Does mh755 have qc problems? I bought 2 genuine ones, everything was great, but the 1st pair died after 1 month, the 2nd ones after 6 month. Are blons much better earphones?

Personally I would say the BLONs are an improvement over the MH755 in the area of timbre and tonality. Slightly better in technicalities and isolation too.

More importantly, the BLONs don't have the infuriating short J shaped non detachable cable of the MH755 (unless u do a MMCX or recable mod). But bear in mind the BLON usually has bad fit with stock tips for most westerners due to the too short IEM nozzle. So be prepared to invest in some aftermarket longer nozzle tips or spacer mod.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #23,632 of 31,833
URBANFUN YBF-ISS014

So, the Urbanfun ISS014's finally arrived today - thought I would share some initial early impressions and get some feedback from those more experienced. I'm connected to a Hiby R5 via the stock cable that came with them while streaming TIDAL. I don't currently own an upgraded cable with MMCX terminals so I'm stuck until my cables from the AliExpress sale arrive. I probably shouldn't be commenting after only a few hours of listening but I wanted to simply throw some initial impressions out here and see what others have to say.

I'm not typically a "silicone" tip person as foam tips have provided the better and more consistent seal. I did listen with the large stock silicone tips for half the time before changing to foam. Initial impressions have me thinking these things are "silibant;" all of the cymbals seem to sound the same with a very specific attack and decay - almost like a "lisping" tone. The Blon's didn't sound like this and for sure, my Shozy 1.1's never drew my attention to this area of the spectrum the way these do. The foam tips "calmed" them but not completely resolved by no means. I don't think it's something that can be resolved unless the cable is contributing or simply a defective set

Attachments

• Urbanfun YBF-ISS014.jpg
    Urbanfun YBF-ISS014.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #23,633 of 31,833
URBANFUN YBF-ISS014

So, the Urbanfun ISS014's finally arrived today - thought I would share some initial early impressions and get some feedback from those more experienced. I'm connected to a Hiby R5 via the stock cable that came with them while streaming TIDAL. I don't currently own an upgraded cable with MMCX terminals so I'm stuck until my cables from the AliExpress sale arrive. I probably shouldn't be commenting after only a few hours of listening but I wanted to simply throw some initial impressions out here and see what others have to say.

I'm not typically a "silicone" tip person as foam tips have provided the better and more consistent seal. I did listen with the large stock silicone tips for half the time before changing to foam. Initial impressions have me thinking these things are "silibant;" all of the cymbals seem to sound the same with a very specific attack and decay - almost like a "lisping" tone. The Blon's didn't sound like this and for sure, my Shozy 1.1's never drew my attention to this area of the spectrum the way these do. The foam tips "calmed" them but not completely resolved by no means. I don't think it's something that can be resolved unless the cable is contributing or simply a defective set

Need your help comparing it with the Blon(d)? Thanks

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #23,635 of 31,833
Hello, if I want to ask some recommendations about which IEM to buy around $30, is this the right place? Thanks.
yes, tell us what kind of sound you want and it be easier to recommend you stuff.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #23,636 of 31,833
Hello, if I want to ask some recommendations about which IEM to buy around $30, is this the right place? Thanks.

Yeah as @RikudouGoku said, we need a bit more info on your preferences so the community can give more finetuned advice. Especially since there is no one IEM that excels at everything, especially at the budget segment, so we gotta make compromises somewhere, and try to bank our money on the areas that suit your requirements better so as to get better mileage from your purchase:

1) What is your preferred music genres?
2) What is your preferred sound signature - V shaped, harmanish, neutral, treblehead/treblesensitive, basshead/bass adverse, midcentric?
3) Are u using your set at home or on the go ie is isolation/drivability important?

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #23,637 of 31,833

Welcome Willy, please forgive us for the ensuing dent in your wallet. Tell us a little about yourself and your preferred music/sound signature you like. IE: Bassy, Detailed a little of both. Bright or maybe warm and laid back?

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #23,638 of 31,833
yes, tell us what kind of sound you want and it be easier to recommend you stuff.
Yeah as @RikudouGoku said, we need a bit more info on your preferences so the community can give more finetuned advice. Especially since there is no one IEM that excels at everything, especially at the budget segment, so we gotta make compromises somewhere, and try to bank our money on the areas that suit your requirements better so as to get better mileage from your purchase:

1) What is your preferred music genres?
2) What is your preferred sound signature - V shaped, harmanish, neutral, treblehead/treblesensitive, basshead/bass adverse, midcentric?
3) Are u using your set at home or on the go ie is isolation/drivability important?

Hello, thank you, that's where I'm going. Thanks for the kind response. Here's what I'm at:

1. I listen to jazz, rock, blues, pop, and some reggae. No EDM, RnB, heavy metal, etc.
2. I guess I can say I'd like a neutral, balanced, flat tuning. Based on the items in my signature, here's what I can share: I like ATH-AD500X and Samson SR850 sound, so I suppose I'm not treble-sensitive. I'm definitely not a basshead. I feel KZ ZSN Pro lacks midbass and lacks body in vocals. I also feel its timbre is not natural. Some research lead me to Moondrop Spaceship due to its dynamic driver, I like it more than the ZSN Pro, but I'd like more 'air' and treble extension. I prefer to have a nice vocal and maybe I can say I don't like V-shaped tuning. I prefer an open
3. I am using mostly at home/office situation.
My budget is $30ish.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #23,639 of 31,833
This should be fun to watch, since you like treble detail I'm curious why you chose ZSN over say the ZS6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back