CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #17,311 of 31,867
1554835141844220225963549798369.jpg
So I did a bit more playing around with the filters on the Monoprice MP80... or should I say, filters that CAN be used. It was a pleasant surprise to see that both the brass and golden filters from the KZ ED9 fit perfectly. If you want a little more bass than what the Silver ("bass") filters that come with the MP80 offer, the golden nozzles - with the black foam still in them, mind you, removing them a la the ZS3 Slater mod lessens the bass - do just that! I do think they complement the end of the black TRN 8 core cables quite nicely, as can be seen in the picture!

Edit: Sorry, the picture wasn't attached at first.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #17,312 of 31,867
So I did a bit more playing around with the filters on the Monoprice MP80... or should I say, filters that CAN be used. It was a pleasant surprise to see that both the brass and golden filters from the KZ ED9 fit perfectly. If you want a little more bass than what the Silver ("bass") filters that come with the MP80 offer, the golden nozzles - with the black foam still in them, mind you, removing them a la the ZS3 Slater mod lessens the bass - do just that! I do think they complement the end of the black TRN 8 core cables quite nicely, as can be seen in the picture!

Edit: Sorry, the picture wasn't attached at first.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

That’s awesome!

That also means the MP80 filters can be used on the ED9!

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #17,313 of 31,867
QT5 is a 100% Revonext product. Zero involvement with any other company.

QT2 and QT3 was designed in collaboration with a banned company, so those 2 are banned.

QT5 is OK. Unless the mods say otherwise of course.

I see, okay then, only working on QT5 for Head-Fi :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #17,314 of 31,867
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

That’s awesome!

That also means the MP80 filters can be used on the ED9!

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that but yes you are correct! All three filters from the MP80 work perfectly on the ED9 as well!

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #17,315 of 31,867
So I just picked up the CCA C16 ($86) and the Hifihear 16 core cable ($19 for a limited time get one while you can!) from AliExpress...did I do good?? Using the MusicMaker Shockwave 3 right now and was just wondering if anyone had some experience? There's nothing wrong with my SW3, at all, but for ~$105 I figured why not and think I did pretty well if the sound is ANYTHING close to what people have said in reviews...certainly sell them and get my money back if not so no loss. Thoughts? Surprised to not see more info or reviews for a EIGHT driver IEM for less than $100.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #17,316 of 31,867
My full review on the Alpha & Delta KS3, now live on Indiegogo. The KS3 is musical and the overall presentation is soothing to listen to. Less is more with only a 6mm dynamic driver being used. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #17,317 of 31,867
So, right n
My full review on the Alpha & Delta KS3, now live on Indiegogo. The KS3 is musical and the overall presentation is soothing to listen to. Less is more with only a 6mm dynamic driver being used. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Right NOW, they are legit on a sub-100$ thread, cause of indiegogo price...after its 130-150$. But anyway, its a great value. I ADORE them, but its me, just review them on headfi as well. Man, only the cable is sell for 100$....but i dont even care, without cable this iem would be a love story, there nothing too coloured even if bass is energic and well rounded. AD proof to be a real mature audio company with this KS3.

Alpha and Delta is a small company, and deserve more praise IMO

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #17,318 of 31,867
So, right n

Right NOW, they are legit on a sub-100$ thread, cause of indiegogo price...after its 130-150$. But anyway, its a great value. I ADORE them, but its me, just review them on headfi as well. Man, only the cable is sell for 100$....but i dont even care, without cable this iem would be a love story, there nothing too coloured even if bass is energic and well rounded. AD proof to be a real mature audio company with this KS3.

Alpha and Delta is a small company, and deserve more praise IMO
The KS3 is indeed a winner from Alpha & Delta.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #17,319 of 31,867

Flare Audio r2pro/r2s/r2a with just 5mm dynamic driver sounds amazing and... even powerful.
6 mm driver is almost 50% bigger.

I'm KS3 backer #1.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #17,320 of 31,867
Flare Audio r2pro/r2s/r2a with just 5mm dynamic driver sounds amazing and... even powerful.
6 mm driver is almost 50% bigger.

I'm KS3 backer #1.
Congratulations on being the first backer. As @Nymphonomaniac mentioned earlier, I agree that the complete package of the KS3 is great value too. Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #17,321 of 31,867
QT5 is a 100% Revonext product. Zero involvement with any other company.

QT2 and QT3 was designed in collaboration with a banned company, so those 2 are banned.

QT5 is OK. Unless the mods say otherwise of course.

I specifically asked @AxelCloris and this is his response:

Since products in the QT line were developed in partnership with a banned manufacturer, we are not allowing the line to be discussed on the forums. We do not know of any other Revonext products developed in a similar partnership with the company, so the anything they manufacturer outside the QT line is fine.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,
Brian

Unfortunately the 5 falls in the grey area as it was not done in partnership but it is a QT series designation so per the moderators, it is banned.

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #17,322 of 31,867
I specifically asked @AxelCloris and this is his response:

Since products in the QT line were developed in partnership with a banned manufacturer, we are not allowing the line to be discussed on the forums. We do not know of any other Revonext products developed in a similar partnership with the company, so the anything they manufacturer outside the QT line is fine.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,
Brian

Unfortunately the 5 falls in the grey area as it was not done in partnership but it is a QT series designation so per the moderators, it is banned.

OH! Soooooooooooo I can talk about the Revonext RX6 I own!

Okay then: the fit is one of the most ridiculous idea I ever seen in earphones world. the sound is same old same U shape chifi soundsig with bright vocal and upper mids sibilance, nothing to applause here. Only thing that is positive is sturdy construction, but as I try to destroy them it isn't THAT positive finally.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #17,323 of 31,867
Okay, after spending lotta time with the Final Audio E3000, it really go under my skin, or trough my ear-drum skin to be more specific.

There really something special that can happen when you don't need fast bright mid bass in your (rock-metal) music, E3000 are like medicinal plant, more you use it, more it heal your soul. So hard to explain how i fall in love with accurate yet mellow timbre. Female vocal sound fabulous, it have a particular thickness to them and an intimate presence too. Strangely, in some way they are U shape, but so more than that. I give up trying to find a favorite Final Audio iem, I love them all.

Anyway, after more than a month I finally publish my review on headfi or my NO BS BLOG

Next one will be Alpha & Delta KS3 and CCA C10 and and and....etc.

By the way, there a new CCA model, its surely an upgraded CCA C04 because its call CCA CA4.
HTB13ryyPwDqK1RjSZSyq6yxEVXaF.jpg

Hum....Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiky!
Man, you would love the e5000

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #17,325 of 31,867

Users who are viewing this thread

Back