CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 27, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #17,056 of 31,867
I’ve got a set of TRN V30s coming soon, I’m a V80 and IM1 fan and these guys know how to do fit, and get the best out dynamic drivers....

I've had a set of these for a few weeks now. Fairly standard u/v-sig but nicely executed. My fav of TRNs lineup tbh. Build is really underwhelming though. Plastics feel super cheap, and I'm not a fan of TRNs cables. Gets too stiff and tangly in cool weather.

P1000734.JPG

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #17,057 of 31,867
The V30s do look kinda cheap but everyone seems to like the sound and many say its star of the bunch. If thats the case and they best IM1S I’ll be ecstatic.....we’ll see.

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #17,058 of 31,867
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #17,059 of 31,867
I would recommend the **** triple driver, 1DD+1BA+1piezo. Around 25USD. Very neutral and natural sounding IEM.
Received few weeks ago. It's collecting some dust now because it's far from neutral. I tend to agree with crinacle's initial impression

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #17,061 of 31,867
The V30s do look kinda cheap but everyone seems to like the sound and many say its star of the bunch. If thats the case and they best IM1S I’ll be ecstatic.....we’ll see.

Clearly cheap ! We can see the cheap side of intern and it seems crap. And they are very light which increase this feeling. Worst than v80 which is very better.
BUT the sound is very very good ! Great tuning and great stuff. Another very good choice for 20$

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #17,062 of 31,867
Clearly cheap ! We can see the cheap side of intern and it seems crap. And they are very light which increase this feeling. Worst than v80 which is very better.
BUT the sound is very very good ! Great tuning and great stuff. Another very good choice for 20$

I’ve never had any TRN IEMs. It seems every single one has either build problems, recalls, or sound tuning issues. The V30 sounds like it might finally be an OK TRN model to try.

I don’t mind ‘cheap crap’ as long as it sounds good. Look at the MoreBlue DM8; that’s about as cheap and as crap as you can get, but it actually sounds decent.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #17,063 of 31,867
I’ve never had any TRN IEMs. It seems every single one has either build problems, recalls, or sound tuning issues. The V30 sounds like it might finally be an OK TRN model to try.

I don’t mind ‘cheap crap’ as long as it sounds good. Look at the MoreBlue DM8; that’s about as cheap and as crap as you can get, but it actually sounds decent.
Yes DM8 is unique! The best sounding plastic piece of garbage out there. Hilariously long nozzles (which means great sound isolation and fit) + near zero weight = awesome choice for sports. I bought those back in days for like $3, I bet they still trade for approximately same price. Sound is more or less on par with previous generation of V-shaped Chi-Fi products (Rock Zircon etc.)

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #17,064 of 31,867
Yes DM8 is unique! The best sounding plastic piece of garbage out there. Hilariously long nozzles (which means great sound isolation and fit) + near zero weight = awesome choice for sports. I bought those back in days for like $3, I bet they still trade for approximately same price. Sound is more or less on par with previous generation of V-shaped Chi-Fi products (Rock Zircon etc.)

Haha, yeah I remember when I first saw them after Vidal told us all about it.

The shape and nozzle length looked more like something used for plumbing than an earphone.

The DM8 and the EDR1 were the best $3 I ever spent in my life.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #17,065 of 31,867

Lol "best sounding plastic piece of garbage out there" really fits the bill. I bought six of them few months back because they break so easily but they are still so cheap it's better to buy a few at the same time. I've immediately used gel superglue on the cable joints which are the weak points.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #17,066 of 31,867
Received few weeks ago. It's collecting some dust now because it's far from neutral. I tend to agree with crinacle's initial impression
I don't think there's another IEM that divides opinion like the ****, the viewpoints vary so much! It's worth trying a better cable and wide bore tips though.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #17,067 of 31,867
Mar 27, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #17,068 of 31,867

When you see the intern part, on the pcb with a little paper posing on cable to protect of other cable. It's very weird and afraid a bit. I don't know DM8 but it seems just very simple

Mar 27, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #17,069 of 31,867
Now I’m expecting DT6s and V30s anyday and have some extra cash to grab either a Fiio FA1 $99 or Tin Audio T3 $69, I have No Tin stuff and no Fiio iems and I wanna hear a Knowles BA driver. Forget the price difference any thoughts on which one??
I’m thinking FA1 to hear single knowles at work and the T3 also has a knowles but mixed with Tin DD which sounds special Itself I’ve read as the T2’s were based on it alone correct? Anything about those two I don’t know about that bumps it to buy now instead another time.
I’m only asking because I’m fenced about which one, all day today back and fourth, maybe a coin flip...lol!
EDIT another option.....
Buy everything by SNARKY PUPPY!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back