CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 25, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #15,632 of 31,833
I guess having no vents directly affects Soundstage?

Usually this is a great way to cause problems with a dynamic as you get reflections off the shell and distortion as a result. Most dynamics are either vented to the rear or are put in large enough boxes to minimize reflection. (the amount of reflection is proportional to the excursion of the driver and the distance from driver to reflecting surface).

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #15,634 of 31,833
Jan 25, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #15,635 of 31,833
This difference both KC2 and ZS7 is so huge :beyersmile: the signature is so different. But I found the tuning of zs7 very very awesome. Smooth, Dynamic and fun and stay natural

How is the comparison between KC2 and ZS7 in terms of soundstage, clarity, details, sub bass?

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #15,636 of 31,833
Just got my Sony MH755 um what did Sony do to these things holy crap they are good like I'm legitimately stunned these cost only $7. I'd put them up against stuff 10x their price. Don't get me wrong my P4 pro and Nicehck M6 do sound better but it's close like really close. Close enough so that I'm legitimately wondering if I need them still (who am I kidding I always need more IEMs but still). Can't wait till the wire I ordered comes because the cable sucks on them.

Update: I'm going to walk back my statement a little about them being so close to my high end pairs. They are really really good for the money but I do notice some missing details in the highs, a smaller soundstage, and lacking a bit in the quakqua of the bass. Still like I said insane for the price worth every penny I would pay way more for them.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #15,638 of 31,833
on a poured shell, you'd either have to have a form with a release agent or drill after the fact and neither seems likely on $20 product. I'm guessing it is a solid shell.

I guess I assumed they used something like a simple and inexpensive flexible tube, run from the driver. Then, once the shell is poured and cured, cut off the excess tube. Basically, similar to CIEMs.

There is a solid cast IEM I’ve seen in the last few months with such a vent. I don’t remember the name of it right now. Its vent runs to the outside of the shell, with a small round metal outlet visible.

In any case, if it is just a DD sealed in resin with no vent at all, it’s going to sound horrible - hollow and tinny with no bass at all. Like 2 cups and a string horrible.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #15,639 of 31,833
How is the comparison between KC2 and ZS7 in terms of soundstage, clarity, details, sub bass?

Good question. But I ear a big difference on the signature, the difference is very huge. But stay natural. After I just try few seconds too compsre the signature

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #15,640 of 31,833
Just got my Sony MH755 um what did Sony do to these things holy crap they are good like I'm legitimately stunned these cost only $7. I'd put them up against stuff 10x their price. Don't get me wrong my P4 pro and Nicehck M6 do sound better but it's close like really close. Close enough so that I'm legitimately wondering if I need them still (who am I kidding I always need more IEMs but still). Can't wait till the wire I ordered comes because the cable sucks on them.

Please stop posting hype comments like these, it makes my waiting even more painful.

nyvNezR.gif

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #15,641 of 31,833
on a poured shell, you'd either have to have a form with a release agent or drill after the fact and neither seems likely on $20 product. I'm guessing it is a solid shell.

I guess having no vents directly affects Soundstage?

Usually this is a great way to cause problems with a dynamic as you get reflections off the shell and distortion as a result. Most dynamics are either vented to the rear or are put in large enough boxes to minimize reflection. (the amount of reflection is proportional to the excursion of the driver and the distance from driver to reflecting surface).

Update on this mysterious solid resin dynamic IEM...

I carefully examined the photos again, and was able to locate what appears to be an external vent:

0BCF56E7-D952-4BEA-99AC-DE45315A34A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #15,642 of 31,833
Please stop posting hype comments like these, it makes my waiting even more painful.

nyvNezR.gif

don't worry, the MH755 is crappy. can't compete with my DM6 and others on that range. it can only compete to at least $100 iems only :upside_down:

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #15,643 of 31,833
don't worry, the MH755 is crappy. can't compete with my DM6 and others on that range. it can only compete to at least $100 iems only :upside_down:

Agreed, no one should be selling it as a flagship killer. It is a great budget option, and is impressive that a $5-$8 mass produced IEM (included free with phones) can easily hang with <$100 gear.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #15,644 of 31,833
Update on this mysterious solid resin dynamic IEM...

I carefully examined the photos again, and was able to locate what appears to be an external vent:

That's a relief! I was worried about all the possibilities of not having vents on those, thanks Slater for inspecting these closely. I wish these earphones reach me soon. Btw anyone here have Blon Cardinal or Bluejay by any chance? Received them a week ago and the initial impressions are pretty similar to.....like TFZ Ex5, in many ways (forward treble and slightly emphasized bass but still cohesive sound than multi-BA IEMs).
Also if anyone have Auglamour F300? Never seen these before but I remember someone talking about them in threads?

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #15,645 of 31,833
That's a relief! I was worried about all the possibilities of not having vents on those, thanks Slater for inspecting these closely. I wish these earphones reach me soon. Btw anyone here have Blon Cardinal or Bluejay by any chance? Received them a week ago and the initial impressions are pretty similar to.....like TFZ Ex5, in many ways (forward treble and slightly emphasized bass but still cohesive sound than multi-BA IEMs).
Also if anyone have Auglamour F300? Never seen these before but I remember someone talking about them in threads?

I have the F300 - working on reviewing them now. I'm really liking them but they are not going to be a great all-around. Definitely better for some genre than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back