CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 17, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #14,957 of 31,833
Do you guys know of any non NiceCHK(dt300, dt500) IEM in the 100$ range, that is using a purely multi-BA setup? Neutral, or mid centric signature preferred, I really don't like the V shaped sound.
Audbos P4

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #14,958 of 31,833
Do you guys know of any non NiceCHK(dt300, dt500) IEM in the 100$ range, that is using a purely multi-BA setup? Neutral, or mid centric signature preferred, I really don't like the V shaped sound.
I'm sure you saw all the other replies but the Tehnz p4 pro really is great especially for the sound signature your looking for. I have a review of it on my blog if you want to check it out links in my signature.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #14,962 of 31,833
Guys, I am thinking of buying the TRN IM1, but I cannot find any reviews, except for one video, which I don't know if can trust. Does anybody have an opinion about the IM1 sound quality? I saw a post a few pages back, but it didn't contain much detail, except from the sound signature, which is V shaped

I have a pair and regret I bought them. The sound is mediocre and no match for Tin Audio, which I bought for the same price on 11/11. They look and fit great and that's about it. I was looking for some cheap spare in ears and tested a bunch against my Westone um3x and UE TF10. Very hard to hear my guitar or singing like I'm used to (I use them in my band). The KZ AS10 and Tin Audio T2 are decent and useable but not even close to my Westone or UE's.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #14,963 of 31,833
Guys, I am thinking of buying the TRN IM1, but I cannot find any reviews, except for one video, which I don't know if can trust. Does anybody have an opinion about the IM1 sound quality? I saw a post a few pages back, but it didn't contain much detail, except from the sound signature, which is V shaped
The TRN IM1 doesn't do the trick for me. It has a bright oriented sound signature, with a fair amount of detail in the mids and highs and slightly above soundstage... it sounds a little to shallow for me though. The bass feels light, it lacks that deepness, that fullness that can bass make so addictive. Even though I'm not at all looking for a bass monster, the lack of it here is a drawback for me. I'd skip the TRN IM1.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #14,964 of 31,833
I have to stick up for the TRN M1 the sub bass on these is amazing, they go very deep. I am using large starlines and get a great seal even without playing music they are one of the most isolating iems I possess. Perfect for commuting

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #14,965 of 31,833
Dec 17, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #14,966 of 31,833
I have to stick up for the TRN M1 the sub bass on these is amazing, they go very deep. I am using large starlines and get a great seal even without playing music they are one of the most isolating iems I possess. Perfect for commuting
Hmm, I too find the sub bass better than the 'slam'/ mid bass, but I don't have the same isolation and bass experience I think. That will be more tip rolling for me then...

Starting of with starlines. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #14,968 of 31,833
Damn, and I was ready to pull the trigger. So I guess, these are a no, since there are owners that didn't find their sound pleasing. I will stick with the T2 for now and wait for a few reviews for the ZS7, or get the AS10, since these are sitting in my cart a long time now, and from what I have read, I will probably like them. Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #14,969 of 31,833
I got rid of my trn v80 and have a bqeyz kb1 to do a review in my youtube channel. Can anyone confirm if they sound identical ? I am finding kb1 weird and they should be identical, but at the time i loved the v80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back