CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 1, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #14,626 of 31,833
Not if Revonext made it for themselves, not tied to any one seller, to be sold by anyone and everyone.

If the banned seller called them up and said “we want to hire you to make these 3 new S versions of our previous IEMs, according to our specifications, and they will be only be exclusively sold by us”, then yes those will be banned too.

Not up on aliexpress yet, even on the problematic store, so I assume these really are their own release.

62295cee980e3b3a966eb097f6c14107

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #14,627 of 31,833
Not up on aliexpress yet, even on the problematic store, so I assume these really are their own release.

62295cee980e3b3a966eb097f6c14107

We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

Heck, it’s possible Revonext made these models specifically so they COULD have models they are allowed to sell to any and every other dealer (vs being locked into an exclusivity contract with 1 specific seller).

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #14,628 of 31,833
Be interesting to see if they retuned the treble or just added another mid BA. The previous model was a step backward in my estimation as it was harsh. Just adding another driver wont fix that so I am hoping for a complete rethinking of tuning.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #14,629 of 31,833
...What is it with certain companies starting to add an "s" after each of their popular models that, in my opinion, already performed well?...And, only to discover after the second purchase, that the sound is not much different from their previous model. Kind of sounds like a waste of money to me.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #14,630 of 31,833
Hi.
I need your help.

I've been enjoying the NiceHCK M6 for a couple of days now. I've seen that it has many similarities with the BGVP DMG, so I've been reading reviews from here. I noticed in the @B9Scrambler review that DMGs are compatible with LZ A5 filters, which can be purchased here:

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-eartips/lz-a5-filters.html

My question is:

Does anyone know if LZ filters are compatible for the NiceHCK M6?

Thank you.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #14,633 of 31,833
Not if Revonext made it for themselves, not tied to any one seller, to be sold by anyone and everyone.

If the banned seller called them up and said “we want to hire you to make these 3 new S versions of our previous IEMs, according to our specifications, and they will be only be exclusively sold by us”, then yes those will be banned too.

It’s like if Gucci was banned, and Gucci contracted with apple to make a “Gucci iPhone X”, to be sold exclusively by Gucci. That specific model would be banned, but nothing else Apple makes.

Man, this is complicated. Thanks for understanding the issue and educating the rest of us. I feel like I'm tip-toeing through a minefield :)

I still miss @Otto Motor in these threads. Anyone know how/if we can petition for him to get un-banned?

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #14,634 of 31,833
Man, this is complicated. Thanks for understanding the issue and educating the rest of us. I feel like I'm tip-toeing through a minefield :)

I still miss @Otto Motor in these threads. Anyone know how/if we can petition for him to get un-banned?

No problem. I know the issue is confusing and frustrating to people (especially new members). So I’m happy to do my part to help pass along information so no one gets into trouble.

As far as Otto, I think that is a good idea. He’s an asset to HeadFi, and I know a lot of people would be willing to petition to get him unbanned from all threads. Just bear in mind it’s not our decision.

I wonder what the best way to do this is? Maybe create a HeadFi poll? Or create a separate thread, where people can just reply to the thread. Or so it off-site, like on change.org or something?

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #14,635 of 31,833
#freeotto

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #14,638 of 31,833

He's still posting in other threads.

These bans are pretty ridiculous as they are really old, and literally the rules of the forum are not posted anywhere to that type of detail (banned sellers and such). You shouldnt have to refer to a specific user's signature to find the rules of the forum. If these "banned" things are so important, headfi should post it in the "USEFUL LINKS" section in the New Forum/Help Section, so it's stickied and available to find or in the Rules/T&C page. There's plenty of rules and guidelines there, but no list of banned users/sellers/vendors/products. I'm glad someone like you, @Slater, keeps people informed but its not how it should be - you're not even a mod here. Ironically, your post says you want the post to be stickied, which it isnt anywhere.

Rant over. :)

Back to TRN BT20 talk -
I really like it for walking around and doing work around the house and projects. Works wonderfully! Definitely some BT hiss if you have sensitive IEMs but luckily mine aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back