CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 26, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #12,121 of 31,833
Makes sense. Sweat/moisture plus heat. And why the ones stored in sealed cases with dessicant packs never oxidize.
Besides, they have updated the cable now. Newer T2's come with a transparent mmcx connector and braids are a bit different. I've had mine for 2 months now and they don't seem to be oxidizing. Not sure, if these are litz type.

Credit: @Podster
10145695.jpg

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #12,122 of 31,833
Very nice review. I personally do not mind the ZS10 with large classical. Chamber music would not be as good. With good eq, such as with Neutralizer, you can tame most of the issues for all types of classical. I will try to test this later with some Martha Argerich solo piano recordings.... But with solo and orchestra, such as the Hilary Hahn Sibelius violing concerto, the ZS10 fares well.

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #12,123 of 31,833
Great review, very detailed. I'd love to buy the ZS10 having read about it so many times but I've a feeling it'll be too big for my small ears.

Thank you! :)

I'm not sure if they would fit well if you have small ears, they are kinda big in physical size. They worked well for my girl, who also has small ears, but I felt they were borderline big for me, and I have medium ears...

Loved the review. Vocal timbre does indeed sound off with them, but they do certain things pretty well.

Thank you and happy to help! :)

Very nice review. I personally do not mind the ZS10 with large classical. Chamber music would not be as good. With good eq, such as with Neutralizer, you can tame most of the issues for all types of classical. I will try to test this later with some Martha Argerich solo piano recordings.... But with solo and orchestra, such as the Hilary Hahn Sibelius violing concerto, the ZS10 fares well.

Thank you! :)

Thing is, with classical, I imagine that the uneven midrange might bother some, especially in the piano and violins which are more forward than they should be. If anything, the fact that KZ ZS10 doesn't distort in the midrange, really works with Piano, but when it comes to classical music, I also think most people want to have a more typical soundstage, which is huge, while Kz ZS10's soundstage gets big mostly with Electronic, but not with most acoustic music (side effect of that bump in the upper midrange, most synths sound wide and holographic, but this doesn't work quite as well for natural real life instruments)

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #12,126 of 31,833
KZ Store on Ali has pre-order listed for AS10 so may be a few days before they ship yet.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #12,127 of 31,833
Besides, they have updated the cable now. Newer T2's come with a transparent mmcx connector and braids are a bit different. I've had mine for 2 months now and they don't seem to be oxidizing. Not sure, if these are litz type.

Credit: @Podster
10145695.jpg

I must state that my T2 just came in Monday but it does seem to have a very nice cable and the build looks to be better than several of my cables that have oxidized and gotten the green patina. I like I'm sure many others are hoping the clear formed plastic around the MMCX will deter the chances of oxidation:thinking: About to change out the T2 cable to this balanced one I use on my PX and then going back to my Opus #1 to see how well the T2 is in balanced:wink:

Bal. Ca. 4 T2.JPG

As far as this thread topic goes I'm still very partial to the ZS6 with the bronze cable in the foreground:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The 666'ers.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #12,129 of 31,833
Hi guys,

can you recommend an in ear under 60 $ with a rather balanced?

at the moment i'm using the KZ ATE S and the Shure SE 215.

I'm not 100% sure but someone said they were reissuing these little puppies, they wipe out my ATE's and can hold their own against the SE215 (IMPO) best them in some cases:wink:
Havi B3 Carbonized.JPG

Havi A Good Time.JPG

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #12,130 of 31,833
As far as this thread topic goes I'm still very partial to the ZS6 with the bronze cable in the foreground:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks great Pod!

I switched most of my KZs to that bronze cable as well. You could get them not too long ago on Aliexpress for $2.xx each ($2.31 if I remember correctly, without mic). I stocked up!

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #12,131 of 31,833
Looks great Pod!

I switched most of my KZs to that bronze cable as well. You could get them not too long ago on Aliexpress for $2.xx each ($2.31 if I remember correctly, without mic). I stocked up!
Yep, they do sound the best and I myself love the extra long length of this cable and more importantly if the are oxidizing one would not know it with out some surgery!

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #12,132 of 31,833
Yep, they do sound the best and I myself love the extra long length of this cable and more importantly if the are oxidizing one would not know it with out some surgery!

Yeah, that is odd that KZ made only that cable longer! From a strictly manufacturing cost standpoint, if it’s 20% longer (for example), they could have made 6 cables for every 5 they are really producing.

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #12,133 of 31,833
Yeah, that is odd that KZ made only that cable longer! From a strictly manufacturing cost standpoint, if it’s 20% longer (for example), they could have made 6 cables for every 5 they are really producing.

I noticed when I ordered the ZSA it will be coming with a curved pin connector of that same bronze cable:)

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #12,134 of 31,833
Do you usually remove all memory wires from your IEMs, or was there something specific you didn’t like about the TRN molded ones? Just curious.

I personally don’t like the metal wires like KZ uses now, but I do feel there is value in having some sort of wire management. I actually love the soft molded type like on the TRN wires, and I actually don’t mind the “hanging weight” style that KZ used on older IEMs like ATE.

The best and most comfortable memory wires were the KZ ZS1. Man those worked perfectly.
Well these are my first iems with memory wire, but I think I'm the sort of person that would remove the memory wire no matter what. the TRN memory wire is nice and soft, nothing wrong with it but not my thing. You would probably like it.

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #12,135 of 31,833
Well these are my first iems with memory wire, but I think I'm the sort of person that would remove the memory wire no matter what. the TRN memory wire is nice and soft, nothing wrong with it but not my thing. You would probably like it.

I gotcha; I was just wondering. Nothing wrong with setting your geat up the way you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back