CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 5, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #11,746 of 31,833
Does anyone know if the FiiO F5 is a Rebranded version of Dunu Titan 5?

Also How does the T2 Compared to the F5 / Titan 5 & IT01?

Thanks

The early Fiio headphones were all joint efforts with Dunu so very likely a Titan with a slightly different tuning to some of them.

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #11,748 of 31,833
Lo and behold, my I-INTO i8 arrived today :)

giphy.gif

The cable came perfectly coiled up:

giphy.gif

A nice velour pouch was also included:

giphy.gif

My quick first impressions:

On first listen they have this really smooth L-shaped sound signature. Highs are actually way more blanketed than I was expecting. Bass is an absolute monster on these, reaching into sweet basshead territory without ever leaking into the mids. And speaking of the mids, they sound surprisingly lush and full throughout the entire middle frequency spectrum (500Hz-4Khz); they aren't recessed by any means, but they aren't really emphasized either, leaving you with a juicy, full-bodied, smooth and harmonious medley of mid frequencies. Soundstage is quite impressive as well, with clear 3D representations of sound that pop out of your head. I believe that detail retrieval is what makes the i8 really stand out from cheaper basshead IEMs (e.g. Rock Zircon, Plextone 41M) as they reveal a substantial amount of details. Overall it's well worth the $20 price that I paid for. I'd recommend these for anyone that is a basshead and is looking for the perfect basshead sound signature without sacrificing mids or highs or details.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #11,750 of 31,833
the t2 is more balanced/revealing and less bassy than the a73, which is bigger and more expansive sounding (also much pricier)--it's purely a matter of your preferred signature. i haven't heard the 1more triple, tho i have heard the xiaomi hybrids (which are related) and feel there are better options

thanx it's very usefull for me:)
when you talk about xiaomi hybrid ,you meant HD pro isn't it?

Jul 5, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #11,753 of 31,833
I am biased, but Hisenior B5+5 are absolutely amazing. It's warm or neutral, hard to tell. Bass is there, but not much. Great sound, check it.
they are warm but clean at the same time, the drivers are fast but they have bump in the upper bass/lower mids area, that with the gentle treble and upper mids makes them lush and creamy sounding, true joy with vocals and real instruments, the tone is dense, quick and clean , very rare ting
also they have big soundstage and black background, the imaging is very good, they hold very high level of value at the 100$ price in this moment
it is no surprise that all of the owners gave them perfect 5 stars rating

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #11,754 of 31,833
Also guys check out this pretty cool unboxing video I made for the I-INTO i8

Think I did a great job on it :p

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #11,758 of 31,833
Jul 6, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #11,759 of 31,833
Lo and behold, my I-INTO i8 arrived today :)

giphy.gif

The cable came perfectly coiled up:

giphy.gif

A nice velour pouch was also included:

giphy.gif

My quick first impressions:

On first listen they have this really smooth L-shaped sound signature. Highs are actually way more blanketed than I was expecting. Bass is an absolute monster on these, reaching into sweet basshead territory without ever leaking into the mids. And speaking of the mids, they sound surprisingly lush and full throughout the entire middle frequency spectrum (500Hz-4Khz); they aren't recessed by any means, but they aren't really emphasized either, leaving you with a juicy, full-bodied, smooth and harmonious medley of mid frequencies. Soundstage is quite impressive as well, with clear 3D representations of sound that pop out of your head. I believe that detail retrieval is what makes the i8 really stand out from cheaper basshead IEMs (e.g. Rock Zircon, Plextone 41M) as they reveal a substantial amount of details. Overall it's well worth the $20 price that I paid for. I'd recommend these for anyone that is a basshead and is looking for the perfect basshead sound signature without sacrificing mids or highs or details.
Nice! I have been listening to these over the last week or two and still in love with them. I wouldn't call the bass basshead level - it is very deep and very high quality, but not loud (which for me is win win all the way). And yes, no bleeding into mids at all (because focus more on sub-bass than mid-bass). Highs are very detailed but no sign of harshness at all. So sound-wise these, they easily enter my Top 3 IEMs, the only downside is ergonomics (and design... kind of ugly isn't it). Ergonomics are not terrible, when using M eartips from Rock Zircon I get above average seal and no discomfort, but they are not the best in this respect, that's all I am saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back