CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 30, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #11,131 of 31,833
The design is bold, I give them that.

Personally though, I think they're ugly as heck. Like having a face only a parent could love:

Haha. I think it’s the ugliest design I’ve seen since encountering chi-fi. :D

May 30, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #11,132 of 31,833
kz delivers..

kz8ballwoll.jpeg

May 30, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #11,133 of 31,833
I'm thinking in getting blitzwolf to mod. But don't know if i will prefer it really modded.

May 30, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #11,135 of 31,833
I'm thinking in getting blitzwolf to mod. But don't know if i will prefer it really modded.
I just bought one (Blitzwolf) and did the bass part of the mod. That was needed since the stock bass was way boomy. I have not yet bought the Sorbatane material for the official best treble part of the mod. Instead, I am playing around with different foams I have around the house. It sounds great with that. Especially after putting some foam tips on it (my goto tip).

May 31, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #11,136 of 31,833
I just bought one (Blitzwolf) and did the bass part of the mod. That was needed since the stock bass was way boomy. I have not yet bought the Sorbatane material for the official best treble part of the mod. Instead, I am playing around with different foams I have around the house. It sounds great with that. Especially after putting some foam tips on it (my goto tip).

By bass part, do you mean the front port or the rear port? You have to modify both ports (and do the Sorbothane, which you still have to do).

May 31, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #11,137 of 31,833
By bass part, do you mean the front port or the rear port? You have to modify both ports (and do the Sorbothane, which you still have to do).
I did both parts of the bass mod (front and back). That tamed the boom-boom bass nicely. As I said, so far I am playing around with different foam materials I have around the house. I may get the actual Sorbathane, although it feels weird to by a whole sheet to get two tiny strips. But then again, I have bought quite a few IEMs already so there is already a leak in the wallet :)

May 31, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #11,139 of 31,833

There is any trade off in using filters instead of sorbothane ? I have no idea where to find and i am no interested in spending money on it.

May 31, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #11,140 of 31,833
All this time i was planning in sell my upcoming zs10. Becasue of the not so good feedback.

But... HOLY ****.

I loved from the first second. I will read the reviews carefully now. The only thing i know is that i am already enjoyng these more than the recent received ds1. Everything sounds tight and incredibly layered. It has the right amount of bass. I didn't heared yet any artificial timbre like zst. These are the first impressions and the only thing i know is that i am not selling these. Even if i can easily sell them 3x the price here.

Maybe i am impressed because i skipped zs5 and zs6.

Some comment sout there talk negatively about this buds.. anywway hows the soundstage

May 31, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #11,141 of 31,833
There is any trade off in using filters instead of sorbothane ? I have no idea where to find and i am no interested in spending money on it.

I didn’t use Sorbothane in mine. I used a small piece of silicone instead. As long as the dimensions of the strip are the same.

May 31, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #11,142 of 31,833
I didn’t use Sorbothane in mine. I used a small piece of silicone instead. As long as the dimensions of the strip are the same.
@Slater So you think it is more about filling up the correct space in the nozzle than any acoustic "dampening " property of the material?

May 31, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #11,143 of 31,833
May 31, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #11,144 of 31,833
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2170#post-14252411

I have my impressions written here. A good amount of people share with me the positive feedback on zs10. About soudstage. It's awesome. Smaller than zsr that i received a few days ago. But way nicer having in consideration the overall technical result.

After reading your impressions and thoughts for the second time - I enjoyed it the first time - I am reminded that most of the knee-jerk reactions to the ZS10 fail to inform the reader of their "preferred" sound signature which plays a huge part in one's bias.

Three years ago I ordered two of the KZ ATE. They did sound good but they were not my preferred sound signature. When KZ issued the ATR (which was/is a modified ATE sound signature) I praised KZ's efforts without restraint. I still stand by my original thoughts and impressions of the ATR and the ATE(ii).

When I first received the ZS5(i) I was impressed with the end result though I wasn't fond of the recessed midrange. However, pairing the ZS5(i) with an agreeable DAP and agreeable eartips nearly caused me to do a 180° turnaround from my initial impressions. For my ears the ZS5(i) now sits in KZ's all-time top five. I would not have bestowed that honor given my first impression of them.

10080112.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-zs5.22479/reviews

Impressions and feedback hold much more weight if they are prefaced with the preferred sound signature of the OP and the source (smartphone, DAP, etc.) the OP used. In addition, the particular eartip may not be necessary but whether or not the eartip is silicone or foam would be helpful. All of the aforementioned would help paint a clearer picture.

Before I step away from the podium......

UnrealisticRequiredBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif

.....I have to ask:

Is the ZS10 KZ's attempt to offer a more refined ATE sound signature which was full-bodied with good timbre and slightly muted treble)? Apparently, the ZS10 with it's superior imaging, layering and separation may be just what some have been wanting from KZ.

Is it so or is it a different animal altogether?

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #11,145 of 31,833
I like ZS10 quite a lot. ZS6 and ZSR have too much top end for my taste and I can hear a lot of sibilance on many tracks. With ZS10 that experience is very pleasing, can listen to them and turn up the volume if I want and be happy, excellent treble, but not harsh. PS. ZSA are also on the track of reducing some peaks in high mids and treble thats found in ZS5, 6 and ZSR.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back