CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 3, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #10,111 of 31,867
While playing around with the RNF, saw the vents not lined up properly (wanted to try modding the vents). Tempted to crack it open and spin it right, but I just got these, sigh.

TdzQmsI.jpg

Inconsistent assembly? Who would have thunk it?

May 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #10,116 of 31,867
I'd guess one of: Rose North Forest, TRN V20 or Yersen FEN-2000. Haven't heard the Rose. Own the other two and like both. Shallower than typical V so a flatter frequency response.

Thanks! - looks like I've got a couple more iems to get...
Please, skip the Rose North Forests! It was the worst 25 euros I’ve spent on an earphone so far. The balance is off, the highs are too piercing out of the box and the build quality is a mess! They even shut down once while listening to them.

May 3, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #10,117 of 31,867
Please, skip the Rose North Forests! It was the worst 25 euros I’ve spent on an earphone so far. The balance is off, the highs are too piercing out of the box and the build quality is a mess! They even shut down once while listening to them.
Down with this sort of stuff. Yours are obviously faulty mine aren't

May 3, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #10,118 of 31,867
May 3, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #10,119 of 31,867
Swing ie800? My first review:

That video was one of the vids/reviews that made me buy them last year. Bought at least 4 as gifts.

May 3, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #10,121 of 31,867
Down with this sort of stuff. Yours are obviously faulty mine aren't
I always value your opinion, sorry to be so strong on this one.

I really want to like the NF. What tips do you use? And have you done some EQing? Love to hear!

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #10,122 of 31,867
Just got my FEN2000's, nice good packaging, tips, over ear and down ear cables. Had a listen, pretty impressive, glad I bought 3:):gs1000smile:

May 3, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #10,123 of 31,867
I'm glad Tinaudio T2 seems to be holding it's throne at this segment.

I really should get the T2 at some point, they are probably the pinnacle of all chi-fi which is what I'm currently striving for.

May 3, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #10,124 of 31,867
Well from your review you got fake one.

I read b9scrambler review on it and is more accurate than yours.

TRN v20 is way better .....

TRN V20 is way better, I'm actually currently using them and they are too good (first impressions of them coming soon). And no I didn't get a fake one (fakes don't exist, just re-branded ones like NiceHK Bro and **** Pro).

Well there are many more accurate and objective reviews out there, but this is more intended as a rebuke than a formal review. It also says "first impressions", so yeah there's that.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #10,125 of 31,867
Dear all, just FYI all my posts from now on might be the result of Uiisii E6 controlling my mind. I'm resisting the best I could its jaw dropping clarity and ridiculous rumbling bass, but there's a limit to my will power. I was going to ask you to let this angel sing to your ears, but sadly it is no angel. It's a creature of voodoo dark magic. It takes all the power my LG V20 can give, and compels me to give it even more, until I'm very afraid for the safety of my ear drums. Have never been a bass-head, and this thing is about to make one out of me. Have never enjoyed busy and loud music with large number of instruments, such as that of Red Baraat or Fanfare Ciocarlia, and this thing makes me seek them out. It handles all of them with ease, plenty of separation in a huge sound stage. It's the baddest thing since the beginning of Chi-Fi! :dt880smile:

Ok, enough gushing. Might be just another run-of-the-mill large dynamic with its 12mm driver. At this point I don't know. Like I said, it's about to break my will power :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back