CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #9,946 of 31,833
@paulindss Based on your description of what you're looking for I would be shocked if you were disappointed by the iBasso IT01. I know it's at the upper limit of your price range and there are other less expensive options that seem to be comparable; all I can say is I'm a very price sensitive consumer (always looking for the best bang for my buck!) and I've been extremely happy with my purchase. I try to buy Chi-Fi at discounted prices but I paid full price for them and to me, they're worth every penny.

Thx for the words buddy. I'll certainly take them into consideration on the Future when i decide What to do.

May 1, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #9,947 of 31,833
Absolutely right! Definitely a bummer though to be fair, the Rose North Forest also has a non-removable cable. It's cool that Chi-Fi IEMs are increasingly moving to removable cables at this price point but I am still of the mindset that for $25-$30, it's something that I really appreciate but don't necessarily expect.
Not an IEM, but the **** PT15 uses mmcx cables at you can get it for $10!

May 1, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #9,948 of 31,833
Not an IEM, but the **** PT15 uses mmcx cables at you can get it for $10!

Agreed. The cable alone is worth that.

And the PT15 (at least the v2 with the graphene driver and revised tuning) sounds great!

May 1, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #9,949 of 31,833
finally my T2 at home :)
first impressions ? good
i've changed the earbuds with another pair and a little push the bass frequency on my Cayin
fast listening of many dsd tracks ( norah jones, dire straits , bach )
with flac 320 is also good ........ to be continued :smile_phones:

May 1, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #9,950 of 31,833
So Tin audio is hardly just a random chinese IEM manufacturer.

They are actually the same team from TTPOD - The team that was acquired by Alibaba and re-branded as Ali Planet. It was essentially Alibaba's music streaming arm before being shutdown in 2016.

The same team later re-grouped under TTPOD name again, re-oriented itself for hardware and started making IEMs.

It would be like if Spotify got acquired by Amazon, shutdown, and regrouped to start manufacturing headphones.

Now I understand why searching TIN audio in Taobao brings up TTPOD stuff. Mystery solved. Appreciate the information.

May 1, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #9,951 of 31,833
@paulindss,

Before buying anything, why do not you wait for the ZSR to arrive? I think they can be very close to what you're looking for. At their price level they are great. On the other hand, if you want a fun TFZ put your eyes on the Exclusive 5. Regarding the IT01 I agree that they are very good, but I am surprised that there is no talk here of the Fiio FH1. They are very close in sound, if not at the same level although slightly different, they are sooooo more comfortable and at least in my country they are cheaper. They do not have such a good cable, but it comes with 2, one balanced.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #9,954 of 31,833
@B9Scrambler @mbwilson111 @Nymphonomaniac

And everybody on this thread

Actually everybody ear is made differently...

When a loudspeaker play music, the treble energy, and some upper mid energy is losts which is restored by our ear and received on our eardrum and then signal is sent to our brain.

But as all ear canal and pinae are not the same, some may get more treble and some may get less.(this causes peaks)

Eardrum, has stiffness which can be be considered as impedance and this impedance is for only some frequencies, making dips in frequency response.

Brain, well is a complex topic, it needs training and it get used to certain sound and make itself believe that this is natural...

Earphones and iem are way near canal and ear pinae or our external ear structure doesn't contribute anything and because of too much near to canal, treble energy is not reduced(even if tuned) creating peaks and unwanted dips on treble range.

That's why I suggest equalise any iem you get in your hand, listening to frequency tone samples and frequency pink noise samples.(every freq should same)

Once you create a perfect pink noise from an iem, listen to the music from eq profile.

It will make them more comfortable and longer listening with natural presentation...

But story doesn't end here at all.

The story actually starts here

You all would be thinking that if we create flat response for all our iem, they all will sound the ****ing same..

Hang with me everyone, and in the end of this article, you would be surprised.

Well all the transducers or driver are made differently. For example

If @mbwilson111 and @B9Scrambler gives an exam, score the same....this doesn't means they both are the same people(until or unless, they planned it).

They have different characterstic, different feelings etc.

This is with driver, crossover etc.

Driver specs and characteristics can alter the decay, distortion which will make the sound still way more different than other by a big margin.

Crossover components will color the signal also.

JBL t100 sounds treble rough and sound magic sounds treble smooth after EQ

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #9,958 of 31,833
Well king pro has more sub Bass and less mid Bass.

Mid are same but less resolving on king pro(just a little less) but due to lower mid bass it sounds neutral and with music.

Treble is airy and a little brighter than normal.

More extended and tuned

King(normal) is brighter and aggressive with bass punch and treble bite and sound huge.

IBasso is laid back and relaxed but with lot of agility

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #9,960 of 31,833
Didn't get you. You have gotten Rose BR7?
No.....

Just let somebody buy and enjoy it...

Released recently..

And I don't have money on me ryt now..

But rose claims it to be more faster, perfect impulse from armature, coherent and a huge stage.

These guys are crazy and are using bigger caps and register to get more threshold limit, lower noise and and proper tuning control

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back