CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #9,512 of 31,833
20180420_220052.jpg

From the listening

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #9,513 of 31,833
Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #9,515 of 31,833
I recently bought and have been listening to a bunch of chi-buds I got during the recent recent Ali sale
Most were rated "the ones to listen to" by someone on this thread or some other Chi-Fi review blog

They included:
TIN Audio T2
LKER i8
DZAT DF-10
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore
HE 150PRO 150ohm
Shozy Hibiki
FAAEAL Snow Lepord 64ohm
Yersen FEN-2000

The last one (Yersen FEN-2000) just came in yesterday from china.

Of this group
the DZAT had the nicest packaging
The LKER had the best case
The HE 150PRO had the most unique shape
The FEN-2000 had the best accessories and cabling

The TIN Audio T2 are the most difficult to get to stay in your ears
The Carbo Tenore are the lightest but also the lightest in sound range

Soundwise
The TIN T2/FEN 2000 and HE 150PRO are tied for best sound with increased power (DAP+AMP)
The DF-10 and LKER i8 have a little too much bass emphasis and seem power sensitive like the Carbo Tenore
Weirdly the DF-10 are very easy to listen all day because of their weight and sound profie, The HE 150PRO and Faaeal would be my next choices for extended listening but they need power.

The fun part is that the Faaeal, and HE 150PRO buds seemed to hold their own against all the other IEMs where the IEMs required extensive tip rolling to get the best seal/sound for your individual ears. Something you really can't do with a bud design.

And even though the Hibikis seemed have the best external noise seal and fit for me they didn't hold up sound wise to 3/4 of the rest I tried.

It was an eye opening adventure to discover all these off brand and relatively inexpensive brands.
Was there a golden bullet like everyone is hoping for?
Not really and no real outstanding favorite for me out of all those I listed above (doesn't include all the KZ models (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZSR/ZS3/ED9) I tried as well)
but i was impressed at what you can get for cheap if you do the research and stay off the name brand blogs which never talk about any of the brands I was exposed to through the Headfi blogs.

So thanks

In the end I settled up by picking up the made in Oregon Campfire Comets.
Something about buying those and the little PA2V2 from Gary over at Electric Avenues in New York State
even things out for me.

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #9,516 of 31,833
Are the T2 really that difficult to fit for most people? I have them and I find them some of the best in my collection when it comes to fitting, they stay in, don't move and I never loose seal. I must really have unique ears, as I kept hearing the same about the Triple fi 10 and they are super comfy for me as well.

Apr 20, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #9,517 of 31,833
Apr 20, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #9,519 of 31,833
lets just say the Rose North Forest takes the prize
Whaaaaaaaat? Even though I lost my pair, I would have never believed that an IEM under $100 would be able to out-bass the z5000

Apr 20, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #9,520 of 31,833
Apr 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #9,522 of 31,833
As a result my own hybrid eartips:

Large size:

Large size:

Medium size:

On your M tip, how did you get it to fit flush (ie without excess foam protruding through the bottom of the silicone)?

I can get the foam tips to fit perfectly into L size silicone tips, but M always give me trouble.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #9,525 of 31,833
I recently bought and have been listening to a bunch of chi-buds I got during the recent recent Ali sale
Most were rated "the ones to listen to" by someone on this thread or some other Chi-Fi review blog

They included:
TIN Audio T2
LKER i8
DZAT DF-10
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore
HE 150PRO 150ohm
Shozy Hibiki
FAAEAL Snow Lepord 64ohm
Yersen FEN-2000

The last one (Yersen FEN-2000) just came in yesterday from china.

Of this group
the DZAT had the nicest packaging
The LKER had the best case
The HE 150PRO had the most unique shape
The FEN-2000 had the best accessories and cabling

The TIN Audio T2 are the most difficult to get to stay in your ears
The Carbo Tenore are the lightest but also the lightest in sound range

Soundwise
The TIN T2/FEN 2000 and HE 150PRO are tied for best sound with increased power (DAP+AMP)
The DF-10 and LKER i8 have a little too much bass emphasis and seem power sensitive like the Carbo Tenore
Weirdly the DF-10 are very easy to listen all day because of their weight and sound profie, The HE 150PRO and Faaeal would be my next choices for extended listening but they need power.

The fun part is that the Faaeal, and HE 150PRO buds seemed to hold their own against all the other IEMs where the IEMs required extensive tip rolling to get the best seal/sound for your individual ears. Something you really can't do with a bud design.

And even though the Hibikis seemed have the best external noise seal and fit for me they didn't hold up sound wise to 3/4 of the rest I tried.

It was an eye opening adventure to discover all these off brand and relatively inexpensive brands.
Was there a golden bullet like everyone is hoping for?
Not really and no real outstanding favorite for me out of all those I listed above (doesn't include all the KZ models (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZSR/ZS3/ED9) I tried as well)
but i was impressed at what you can get for cheap if you do the research and stay off the name brand blogs which never talk about any of the brands I was exposed to through the Headfi blogs.

So thanks

In the end I settled up by picking up the made in Oregon Campfire Comets.
Something about buying those and the little PA2V2 from Gary over at Electric Avenues in New York State
even things out for me.
I bought three t2 rather than the lker as it's more popular . Hope the t2 is fun enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back