CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 4, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #6,646 of 31,833
I would like to recommend another cheapo: the Inpher Fuqing B-2, for which I paid $3.19 incl. shipping.
It is built well (half metal, half plastic) and has an attractive orange cable...but no microphone or remote.

The Fuqing are as good as the name implies. They have an astonishable depth, unbelievable mids, normal treble and rather a strong bass. That bass is not even particularly unfocussed, just really strong.

The Fuqing are some of the bestselling earphones on ali and deservedly so.

And yes, you can really use them for listening to music, especially if you like bass.

Another no brainer at $3.19.

Sounds like some Fuqing good advice there Otto.

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #6,647 of 31,833
I would like to recommend another cheapo: the Inpher Fuqing B-2, for which I paid $3.19 incl. shipping.
It is built well (half metal, half plastic) and has an attractive orange cable...but no microphone or remote.

The Fuqing are as good as the name implies. They have an astonishable depth, unbelievable mids, normal treble and rather a strong bass. That bass is not even particularly unfocussed, just really strong.

The Fuqing are some of the bestselling earphones on ali and deservedly so.

And yes, you can really use them for listening to music, especially if you like bass.

Another no brainer at $3.19.

What do you mean by “astonishable depth” and “unbelievable mids”?

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #6,648 of 31,833
Well i want to know how you made a small hole in t2 front vent micropore...@vladstef

Second, i want to ask all the guys present..

Well tinaudio t2 vs zhiyin z5000 vs kz zs6 vs tfz king
Z5000 are more musical than both T2 and ZS6 IMO
Magic can't feel ''artificial''. Even if colored.

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #6,650 of 31,833
You've convinced me! Used 50 points at GB to knock them down to £2.22! Not the biggest risk ever :ksc75smile:

for that money it's a no brainer. when I lived in london 8 years ago I paid about £4 for some jvc marshmallows. I still have them, i tested them the other day after many years. the Ed2's smash them to pieces without mercy... in jvc's defence these are the 33's and at the time I didn't know if there were other types I just remembered "marshmallow" and saw the £4 price tag and thought, why not.

ED2's are awesome for the money and £2.22 and free Shipping? at that price you almost cannot have any complaints. just be prepared to do some cable clipping use a paper clip or something, keep it under your shirt or clipped to your shirt, the cable is noisy but it's durable, one of the better materials for durability so it's only a problem if your letting the cable bang around if you're moving.

Give them time to mellow and your brain to adjust, I'm listening to some right now on this xduoo x3 and they can also take some power too... and can get scary loud before distorting.. most genre's i've thrown at them sound nice, some genre's really go hard, like Really Dirty bassy funk with Trumpet stabs etc sound really good. I think high pitched tom toms sound a bit pale on these but I never heard those unless some bands drummer is a nutter, I listen to mostly Slamming Funk think, Rufus Thomas, bootsie's Crew ,Zapp + Rog, Ike T, fatback, med Mart + wood, etc., Neuro-ish Dnb, Noisia, insideinfo, receptor, teddy killerz. G-Funk hip hop, Kurupt, eastsidaz, Miami Bass, underground nyc hippetty swiggetyy, bitta michael jacksons 70's and 80's era stuff.

I also listen to podcasts and things like that the ed2 has pretty much handled all of that. I listen to various metal bands too and haven't complained too much about the ed2's sound. i will do sublte eq's here and there if i'm feeling particularly pedantic, which is rare, I can leave them un eq'd for most of the time but i'm complacent and get tired of mucking around with eq's etc these days I basically turn the volume up or down, or if I'm feeling particularly saucy i'll grab a specific phone for a specific genre if i'm planning on hunkering down for a few hours of serious musical appreciation, for any other time the ed2's are great, zircons might also get some use, it's early days though.

edit. Meshuggah sounds pretty good on ed2 as well. if that helps anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 5, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #6,651 of 31,833
Hello ! It's been a few month since i've got my Tinaudio T2 and i'm nearly entierly satisfied, but i've some issues with the tips and the MMCX cable that is showing some signs of failure...

So for you what are the best tips (silicone please) and the best MMCX cable that suits well the Tinaudio T2 please (but not too expensive) ?

Thank you :)

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #6,652 of 31,833
I use Rockbox on my Sansa Clip+, xduoo X3, and iPod Classic 5.5 with 128GB SSD upgrade.

Although between all 3 players, I use the xduoo X3 the most due to the storage capacity (512GB) and best sound.

It is nice to have consistent firmware on all of the devices though. Anyone who has owned an iPhone can attest that it's very convenient and comfortable to be able to pick up any device from an iPod Touch to an iPhone X and have basically the same OS, nearly identical functionality, etc. Obviously hardware is different, but the point is that it's ONE OS to learn, ONE OS I can share non-music files between (playlists, settings, etc). It's very convenient.

Dear Slater, thank you for the valuable info !
Best regards,
Robert

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #6,653 of 31,833
Hello ! It's been a few month since i've got my Tinaudio T2 and i'm nearly entierly satisfied, but i've some issues with the tips and the MMCX cable that is showing some signs of failure...

So for you what are the best tips (silicone please) and the best MMCX cable that suits well the Tinaudio T2 please (but not too expensive) ?

Thank you :)
What happened to the stock cable? The stock cable that is included is probably better than anything you can get under $20.

If they broke, you could get the mmcx cable made by KZ for just under $10.

For tips, KZ starlines seem to be the go to cheap tips. Spiral dots and spinfits are good, but much pricier in comparison

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #6,654 of 31,833
A few years ago I was on a quest for a standalone portable EQ. They are rare birds indeed (I'm only aware of a small handful that ever came out over the years), and I eventually gave up.

99% of the people that talk about equalizers are using built-in EQ functionality on their phones (natively or via apps) or DAP media players. For example the FiiO DAPs (and many others) have built in equalizers. Some only have built in profiles, some support 1 custom profiles, and some support infinite custom profiles.

I use the EQ built into Rockbox on my xduoo X3. It's highly customizable, and supports infinite custom profiles (which can be named whatever you want).

the Xduoo X3 have file limit? You can browse by folder and shuffle every music?

My Cayin N3 have a file limit of 20000, I can browse per folder without the file limit, but I can't shuffle in folder mode

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #6,655 of 31,833
the Xduoo X3 have file limit? You can browse by folder and shuffle every music?

My Cayin N3 have a file limit of 20000, I can browse per folder without the file limit, but I can't shuffle in folder mode

For playlists (such as shuffle), the limit is 32,000 files. (However, if you want to go even higher you technically could).

https://download.rockbox.org/daily/...lipplus/rockbox-buildch8.html#x10-1430008.5.2

I have (2) 256GB cards, and both are full. I have ~24k files last time I checked.

And like the N3, if you browse in folder mode, it's theoretically limited only by the size of your memory cards.

I can't wait until 400GB or 512GB cards come down in price :)

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #6,656 of 31,833
For playlists (such as shuffle), the limit is 32,000 files. (However, if you want to go even higher you technically could).

https://download.rockbox.org/daily/...lipplus/rockbox-buildch8.html#x10-1430008.5.2

I have (2) 256GB cards, and both are full. I have ~24k files last time I checked.

And like the N3, if you browse in folder mode, it's theoretically limited only by the size of your memory cards.

I can't wait until 400GB or 512GB cards come down in price :)

Thanks, that is amazing and it works fast?

Wish I have searched more about that model :frowning2: Would love to have the shuffle option in my Cayin for my library which are now over 20.000

how they compare in terms of sound and quality?

Feb 5, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #6,657 of 31,833
Thanks, that is amazing and it works fast?

Wish I have searched more about that model :frowning2: Would love to have the shuffle option in my Cayin for my library which are now over 20.000

how they compare in terms of sound and quality?

Thanks, that is very helpful ! Talking about sound+quality+ facilities, any idea how the Xduoo X20 does ? Mucha appreciate your help.

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #6,658 of 31,833
Thanks, that is very helpful ! Talking about sound+quality+ facilities, any idea how the Xduoo X20 does ? Mucha appreciate your help.
Wait for mine to arrive today....but as I always have earphones in the ears Postman knock at the door desperately and I don't answer...cannot depart from my IEM that are still stock in my ears, this morning its the: MACAW GT600S, the most comfortable and beautifull hybrid drivers I try yet:)

Once will have the X20 I will share impressions here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-xduoo-x-serie-dap-x20-x10-x3-xduoo-are-on-fire.867522/

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #6,659 of 31,833
Hey guys, can anyone share with me comparisons of the Samsung galaxy s8 earphones tuned by akg compared to the big chifi hitters like the ta t2, zy z5000, urbanfun, uiisii cm5 etc? Straight out of "basic" sources like a mobile phone.

I have the akg s8 iem and I find them extremely good, especially with the fact that they are basically "free".

(not really an audiophile in recent years but I believe I do appreciate good audio)

On the other hand. I have memt x5 which I think is way too colored. Games and some genre of music sounded very weird with them so I'm not exactly pleased with them.

I'm looking for recommendations for any chifi iem that's a definite upgrade to the s8 akg. I'd like something warm and have quality bass while not sacrificing the vocals and treble too much, better if not at all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #6,660 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back