CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 3, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #5,581 of 31,834
Thanks for the advice, the Brainwavz B100 can take them instead the T2 are not sold here Italy. Brainwavz B100 are lower.

+1 on the b100s. Received them yesterday (at the same time as the zs6) and they're fantastic. At first I thought they were incredibly congested and lacking in treble but soon realised I had them inserted too deeply. When I pulled them out a bit they sound amazing.

What tips are people using on their b100s?

I used to be super sensitive to treble but really enjoy the prominent treble in the zs6 for some reason and find it more sparkly than harsh. Completely different signature to the b100s but love them too. The bass is fantastic imo.

Just to throw another earphone into the mix, the tennmak cello is pretty balanced with lovely mids with good sub bass. Listened to them again for the first time in a while and had forgotten how good they are.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #5,582 of 31,834
Really? I found them quite mellow with a very even treble response. All the comments about them being bright don't mesh at all with what I've been hearing. Then again the comments about good sub-bass extension I don't agree with either. That was their Achilles Heel for me.

I concur about T2 being mellow. To me they sound close to neutral. Perhaps people commenting about good sub-bass extension modded theirs by covering the port located at the base of the nozzle.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #5,583 of 31,834
Really? I found them quite mellow with a very even treble response. All the comments about them being bright don't mesh at all with what I've been hearing. Then again the comments about good sub-bass extension I don't agree with either. That was their Achilles Heel for me.
Treble spike is what struck me when I listened to them initially. Perhaps it's by contrast with the Svara Red which I tried at the same time and which I liked much more. Then I got the IT01 and haven't gone back to either of them so far. Perhaps I should give them another listen to see if I still feel/hear the same.

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #5,584 of 31,834
+1 on the b100s. Received them yesterday (at the same time as the zs6) and they're fantastic. At first I thought they were incredibly congested and lacking in treble but soon realised I had them inserted too deeply. When I pulled them out a bit they sound amazing.

What tips are people using on their b100s?

I used to be super sensitive to treble but really enjoy the prominent treble in the zs6 for some reason and find it more sparkly than harsh. Completely different signature to the b100s but love them too. The bass is fantastic imo.

Just to throw another earphone into the mix, the tennmak cello is pretty balanced with lovely mids with good sub bass. Listened to them again for the first time in a while and had forgotten how good they are.
Thanks for telling your experience :) I'm also oriented on these, (I can not find the T2 here) I only have some doubts using it with the smartphone can you tell me something about it?

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #5,585 of 31,834
Treble spike is what struck me when I listened to them initially. Perhaps it's by contrast with the Svara Red which I tried at the same time and which I liked much more. Then I got the IT01 and haven't gone back to either of them so far. Perhaps I should give them another listen to see if I still feel/hear the same.
Compared to IT01, I can concur that TinAudio T2 has more treble, but not to the point where it's bothersome, IME.

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #5,586 of 31,834
Hi there, this is my first post on head-fi!

So i ordered the xiaomi Pro HD from Gearbest in the hopes of a good budget earphone. Well it came in after a month and the left ear was not even close to as loud as the right (I did the testing, changed ears etc.) so i think its defective.
They offered a partial refund and i could keep the earphones and i just did that. Because i really wanted the xiaomi I went ahead and ordered from a closer store which ships in 2 days so i don't have to wait a whole month to get my hands on it (for a bit pricier ofc). And for my surprise it was defective again with the exact same problem (no, i did not change them up, its not the same one). So for me all hope is lost.
Can you guys recommend me something not so defective as this one? I had high hopes for this one but could not deliver (Not that high, just some half good quality stuff so i could use it while i commute).

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #5,587 of 31,834
Jan 3, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #5,588 of 31,834
I agree...and would not recommend the ZS6 at all: great looks, piercing treble...chainsaw! Reviewers recommend the much cheaper ZS5, but version 2 also has the horror treble added. The T2 is a much better sounding earphone, so are the Brainwavz B100. Adding the "fun" part, the B100 should probably be considered.

And still there are those that prefer the ZS6 over all those. Ears are a mystery.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #5,589 of 31,834

So i ordered the xiaomi Pro HD from Gearbest in the hopes of a good budget earphone. Well it came in after a month and the left ear was not even close to as loud as the right (I did the testing, changed ears etc.) so i think its defective.
They offered a partial refund and i could keep the earphones and i just did that. Because i really wanted the xiaomi I went ahead and ordered from a closer store which ships in 2 days so i don't have to wait a whole month to get my hands on it (for a bit pricier ofc). And for my surprise it was defective again with the exact same problem (no, i did not change them up, its not the same one). So for me all hope is lost.
Can you guys recommend me something not so defective as this one? I had high hopes for this one but could not deliver (Not that high, just some half good quality stuff so i could use it while i commute).

That's how my fakes were. You should look inside the nozzle, does it have a metal grill, do you see the BA?

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #5,590 of 31,834

Just out of curiosity, what source are you using, to test the earphones?
Do other earphones sound good, and balanced, with the same source?

One set of earphones, with Mic & Volume Controls (for Android), that sounds good, and costs about the same, is the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oll...EM-HIFI-earphone-earbuds-for/32814959179.html
Their controls will also Play / Pause / Fwd / Rew for the Cayin N3 DAP.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #5,591 of 31,834
I bought the B100's after all the hype and admit they are really quite good but plastic, small and I don't think they will last very long. The KZ Zs6's are metal and well built and I actually prefer the sound signature as it is more "lively".

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #5,593 of 31,834
They are easy to drive with a smartphone and don't really benefit from using an amp.
thank you
I bought the B100's after all the hype and admit they are really quite good but plastic, small and I don't think they will last very long. The KZ Zs6's are metal and well built and I actually prefer the sound signature as it is more "lively".

I also think that the zs6 are more solid and the cable is replaceable. As for the soundstage, and the average frequencies could you make a comparison between the 2?

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #5,594 of 31,834
Just out of curiosity, what source are you using, to test the earphones?
Do other earphones sound good, and balanced, with the same source?

One set of earphones, with Mic & Volume Controls (for Android), that sounds good, and costs about the same, is the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oll...EM-HIFI-earphone-earbuds-for/32814959179.html
Their controls will also Play / Pause / Fwd / Rew for the Cayin N3 DAP.
The source is a Oneplus 3T, a laptop and my PC. Laptop and PC tried to make it work with some kind of windows magic to balance the sound on each side but it was still noticeable. I had a Pioneer SE-CL711 which i had for more than a year and it sounded quite good for me. Others i don't remember, some cheap stuff i could buy locally.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #5,595 of 31,834
thank you

I also think that the zs6 are more solid and the cable is replaceable. As for the soundstage, and the average frequencies could you make a comparison between the 2?
Well I just listened to Pink Floyd's track "Sheep" on both B100 and ZS6 and imo the ZS6 walked all over the B100. Wider soundstage and with much more energy, more impactful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back