CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #3,256 of 31,833
Got mine from the same - german - store.
Could anyone test their Einsear T2 if they all have the same problem? Just plug them into your smartphone, start music, cover the mic and record for a few seconds to see, if they mic is also picking up output sound. Would be helpful to know, if every Einsear T2 has the same problem..

Tried this with my pair of T2. Yep, I confirm, the mic records what's playing. The volume is much lower than the original signal, but still it's there.
Got similar results with Urbanfun. Almost inaudible volume with Xiaomi Hybrids Pro HD though.

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #3,258 of 31,833
Tried this with my pair of T2. Yep, I confirm, the mic records what's playing. The volume is much lower than the original signal, but still it's there.
Got similar results with Urbanfun. Almost inaudible volume with Xiaomi Hybrids Pro HD though.

Thx for testing it. That is so ****ed up...
On my model its not even subtle, but the same volume i speak for others..

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #3,262 of 31,833
Which IEM do you guys use for gym?

The ZS3 is too bassy for me, but I really liked the fit and the isolation. I'm looking for a budget earphone that that has a similar fit (cable over the ear) and a good isolation. How about ZST? The Fonge T01 looks good too, but could be too bassy as well. I really appreciate the sound of the ZS5. Any idea?

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #3,263 of 31,833

The ZS3 is too bassy for me, but I really liked the fit and the isolation. I'm looking for a budget earphone that that has a similar fit (cable over the ear) and a good isolation. How about ZST? The Fonge T01 looks good too, but could be too bassy as well. I really appreciate the sound of the ZS5. Any idea?
I thought gym needs to be fun

Aug 9, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #3,265 of 31,833
Really depends on how much you are willing to spend and still consider them as 'budget' and 'cheap' earphones.Have not tried nor read anything about the 2 you mentioned here, so can't help directly on them.

Vidal's webpage is a treasure trove of options. Basically all those that are rated close to or above '9.0' are worth considering.
http://www.aproear.co.uk/

Would suggest scrolling through there to get a first cut of what may be of the shape/ configuration you like and see how he rates them. And then check if they are of the 'correct budget' over at either Gearbest or Aliexpress if they are your preferred purchase platforms.

As far as memory serves me, there are a few in the US$30/- range of that configuration you like that are highly rated.

Aug 9, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #3,266 of 31,833
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,267 of 31,833
Apparently they (NiceHCK) only have "international" version.
Upon further research I can only say that it's very confusing: it appears that there were (are?) two versions, referred two as "domestic" and "international", but also "tri-balanced" - as opposed to I'm not sure what and it's not clear what sound signature "international" has. But since it appears that only "international" is available on Aliexpress (well, internationally) it does not matter, you've got what they got.

You are probably right, in that Aliexpress only sells the International Version. The Taobao crowdfund page shows that the International version not only plays multi languages :), it also has a nearly flat frequency response compared to the Domestic Version. I agree that it's kinda confusing, as one of the reviews got some facts wrong. That said, you should be able to check the version on the label.

2017053111200556.jpg

The only other international buyers are two Japanese, one of whom mentions on Twitter that the tips make a big difference to the sound. That's as far as I could make out from Google Translate...

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,269 of 31,833
Aug 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,270 of 31,833

I use the QKZ W1 Pro. It's sealed so it's not affected by sweat, has detachable cables, is very comfortable, and sounds good for the price. Not as good as the ZS5, but plenty good enough for the gym.

Another good one would be the ATR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back