CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 7, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,241 of 31,833
A big thank you and a question to you guys.
First of all - thx to you i now have 2(3) great IEM's which i would have never discovered without you. I was searching for a headphone for competitive gaming during summer (Counterstrike and alike - hence not too much bass, good details and a wide soundstage), when my big AKG K702 65th are a little bit to hot on my ears and got a couple of IEM's.
First I bought the KZ Ate. When i got my Ate i was pleasantly surprised, but they weren't that great and in teamspeak everyone complained, that there was a huge echo. I tested a little bit with my smartphone, and if i cover the speakers completely in a towel, so that no sound can escape, the mic in the earphones records - in pretty decent quality - what i would normally hear in the earphones.
After that i discovered vidals site and bought a pair of winintone Premium rg-eb601, hoping that they were the same as the sendiye M2 - and they are the best in ears i have ever listened to. With golden filters, they even sound pretty similar to my couple hundreds AKG's. Downside is, that there is no mic.
Since i wanted to try to get rid of my normal microphone, i also ordered the Einsear T2, which i got today.
And they have the exact same problem, the kz had! The microphone pics everything up that runs through the cable. Is this on purpose with these earphones, or are they faulty? Everyone i would speak to, would listen to himself/herself with a delay.Even if i listen to myself through windows, there is a huge echo...

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #3,242 of 31,833
Hey, guys, can you recommend an IEM which would be close in shape and fit to the Westone UM Pro10? I tried Tennmak Piano and KZ ZS5, but their shape did not work. I mostly listen to earbuds because IEMs don't fit (e.g. Urbanfun and **** 2in1s are too heavy for me) but I am currently looking for something for public transport. I am treble-sensitive and my budget is under or around $40.

Have you tried tip rolling?

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #3,244 of 31,833
After that i discovered vidals site and bought a pair of winintone Premium rg-eb601, hoping that they were the same as the sendiye M2 - and they are the best in ears i have ever listened to. With golden filters, they even sound pretty similar to my couple hundreds AKG's. Downside is, that there is no mic.

Where did you get the Winintone? I've been looking for it for a while with no luck.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,245 of 31,833
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,246 of 31,833
Got mine from the same - german - store.
Could anyone test their Einsear T2 if they all have the same problem? Just plug them into your smartphone, start music, cover the mic and record for a few seconds to see, if they mic is also picking up output sound. Would be helpful to know, if every Einsear T2 has the same problem..

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #3,247 of 31,833
Looking forward to your review. So which version of the XG60 did you get?
Apparently they (NiceHCK) only have "international" version.
Upon further research I can only say that it's very confusing: it appears that there were (are?) two versions, referred two as "domestic" and "international", but also "tri-balanced" - as opposed to I'm not sure what and it's not clear what sound signature "international" has. But since it appears that only "international" is available on Aliexpress (well, internationally) it does not matter, you've got what they got.

Aug 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #3,248 of 31,833
A big thank you and a question to you guys.
First of all - thx to you i now have 2(3) great IEM's which i would have never discovered without you. I was searching for a headphone for competitive gaming during summer (Counterstrike and alike - hence not too much bass, good details and a wide soundstage), when my big AKG K702 65th are a little bit to hot on my ears and got a couple of IEM's.
First I bought the KZ Ate. When i got my Ate i was pleasantly surprised, but they weren't that great and in teamspeak everyone complained, that there was a huge echo. I tested a little bit with my smartphone, and if i cover the speakers completely in a towel, so that no sound can escape, the mic in the earphones records - in pretty decent quality - what i would normally hear in the earphones.
Since i wanted to try to get rid of my normal microphone, i also ordered the Einsear T2, which i got today.
And they have the exact same problem, the kz had! The microphone pics everything up that runs through the cable. Is this on purpose with these earphones, or are they faulty? Everyone i would speak to, would listen to himself/herself with a delay.Even if i listen to myself through windows, there is a huge echo...

I believe there's an issue with the way you connect the IEMs to your pc. Are you using a special converter or a simple splitter to plug them them into both the line out and microphone port? A splitter not made for that job could be responsible for that echo.

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #3,251 of 31,833
Apparently they (NiceHCK) only have "international" version.
Upon further research I can only say that it's very confusing: it appears that there were (are?) two versions, referred two as "domestic" and "international", but also "tri-balanced" - as opposed to I'm not sure what and it's not clear what sound signature "international" has. But since it appears that only "international" is available on Aliexpress (well, internationally) it does not matter, you've got what they got.

International version probably plays music in multiple languages, not just the person's native language.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back