CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #1,636 of 31,833
Left/right cable problems?

Some buyers reported either the left or the right cable is loosely connected with the earphone unit, which results in frequent lost of signal whenever users touch that defected side.

There's a youtube video about that (watch?v=07OcHe046cM). I recall to have seen others people talk about this in another thread that I can't remember right now so I can't link you that.

Additionally, you can go to Tennmak Pro product page on Aliexpress, select 3,2 star reviews to see similar description of the same problems.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #1,637 of 31,833
i am actually quite hesitant to get the pros due to this reason. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #1,639 of 31,833
Can anybody do a quick comparison of TK Maples with Tennmak Pros, like if they are sonically similar? I have pros on order, but was wondering what the maples could offer. I have collected quite a few analytical/neutral earphones and was looking for some warm and bassy ones. :p

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #1,640 of 31,833
Does anyone have any experience with MMCX upgrade cables from Aliexpress? I want to get one but would rather purchase one that has been tried/tested before. They would be for a pair of Tennmak Pro and **** UE.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,641 of 31,833
  Does anyone have any experience with MMCX upgrade cables from Aliexpress? I want to get one but would rather purchase one that has been tried/tested before. They would be for a pair of Tennmak Pro and **** UE.

I'm one of the people who normally doesn't hear any sonic differences in cables so my suggestion would be the LZ A3 upgrade cable due to its excellent build quality and very soft and flexible material.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #1,642 of 31,833
  I'm one of the people who normally doesn't hear any sonic differences in cables so my suggestion would be the LZ A3 upgrade cable due to its excellent build quality and very soft and flexible material.

Yeah I was referring more to actual build quality than sonic differences. I'm also not one to pay too much credit to cables, but some IEM I ordered recently are shipped with very poor quality cables. Thanks for the tip anyway, I'll add those to my cart.

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #1,643 of 31,833
Can anybody do a quick comparison of TK Maples with Tennmak Pros, like if they are sonically similar? I have pros on order, but was wondering what the maples could offer. I have collected quite a few analytical/neutral earphones and was looking for some warm and bassy ones. :p

Maples are going to have less clarity/detail but a deeper sub bass. I loved the Maples but sent them to another member in a package with something else and unfortunately that package was lost in the mail with no tracking

The Pros I used an MMCX from another IEM and I also did the bass port mod which helped to cut down mid bass. I gave them to my gf to use with her Penon BT cable. I'm now using TA Techne as my IEM in that price range

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,644 of 31,833

I've purchased a few of these cables, because they have a switch which allows them to control either iPhones or Android phones. Search AliExpress for "With Mic Remote Volume Earphone DIY Cable For Shure se215 se315 se425 se535 Se846 LN004900*".

Take Care,
David Baldock

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,645 of 31,833
I received the Xiaomi Pro HD (Triple Driver, dual dynamic and BA) today, I think there will be some positive impressions of these earphones in due course. A marked improvement on the previous hybrid model IMO.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,646 of 31,833
  I received the Xiaomi Pro HD (Triple Driver, dual dynamic and BA) today, I think there will be some positive impressions of these earphones in due course. A marked improvement on the previous hybrid model IMO.

Glad to hear that, to be honest I wasn't a big fan of them. They had a decent amount of clarity but they made some vocals and some specific types of instruments seem artificial and "tin-y".

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,647 of 31,833

Glad to hear that, to be honest I wasn't a big fan of them. They had a decent amount of clarity but they made some vocals and some specific types of instruments seem artificial and "tin-y".

Early days yet but I'm not getting that so far, not using the standard eartips though as they didn't seal correctly in my ears.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,649 of 31,833
Would you recommend any other ? 
Right now I have my eyes on the kz zs3, vjjv k4s and the tennmak piano mentioned by @To.M

The Pros are solid, esp after the bass port mod. K4 were good but I found the male vocals to be a bit too thick for my liking

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,650 of 31,833
The Pros are solid, esp after the bass port mod. K4 were good but I found the male vocals to be a bit too thick for my liking

Could you point me towards the Tennmak Pro's bass port mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back