CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 10, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #632 of 31,833
Hey there,
long time head-fi lurker finally decided to make an account.
First of all, thanks for the excellent thread, really helped me make a decision. 

Was strongly considering the Shozy Zero, but I ended up cheaping out and picking up the Tennmak Pros for less than half the price.
Got them on Amazon with prime for two days.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for eartips I can use on the Pros.

Can't ever seem to find the perfect tips.
My ears are really small so I usually end up using the smallest size provided. Yet, I feel like I can't ever get a good seal.

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #633 of 31,833
Hi, I find quite easy the Pro to fir in my ears but I guess it's because I have big ones...

I use Good silicone tips, and there wasnt lot of eartips with the Pro so perhaps you should try other type.

The double fangle can be usefull for small ears, but the trifangle made the driver to far away.

Did you try memory foam tips?
Most of time I finish using this with problematic in-ear...it cost 0.86$ a pair of good one on AE.

However, I find good silicone tips to give a rounder bass response.

Cheers!

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #634 of 31,833
  Hi, I find quite easy the Pro to fir in my ears but I guess it's because I have big ones...

I use Good silicone tips, and there wasnt lot of eartips with the Pro so perhaps you should try other type.

The double fangle can be usefull for small ears, but the trifangle made the driver to far away.

Most of time I finish using this with problematic in-ear...it cost 0.86$ a pair of good one on AE.

Cheers!

havi b3 + spinfit

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #635 of 31,833
Hey there,
long time head-fi lurker finally decided to make an account.
First of all, thanks for the excellent thread, really helped me make a decision. 

Was strongly considering the Shozy Zero, but I ended up cheaping out and picking up the Tennmak Pros for less than half the price.
Got them on Amazon with prime for two days.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for eartips I can use on the Pros.

Can't ever seem to find the perfect tips.
My ears are really small so I usually end up using the smallest size provided. Yet, I feel like I can't ever get a good seal.
Auvio tips, go with either Small or Medium

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #636 of 31,833
Have been lurking over here for a while. Decided to give these a try,

They a very well balanced and have a non fatiguing sound that you can enjoy for hours, days and till the end of time :)
They compliment very nicely to monk+. I use monk+ when I am feeling energetic while I use these when I want to relax. The are similar to monks in sound stage and airy openness. Monks have very slightly sharper highs(which make them more detialed) and punchy bass where as the TY HI-Z have nice smooth bass and more pleasing highs. I am new at this and my ears might not be trained to hear subtle peaks or dips in FR so please take my words with a pinch of salt.

Also, when I tried these for first time, there was no bass and was unimpressive however after a few days they really started to shine and I use them now all the time for music, movies, tv shows.

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #637 of 31,833
Look like chinese market got aware of the V MONK enthusiast and give lot of effort to make great accessible earbud, wich is nice.

I talk to Tony from Tennmak to know if he's on new stuffs and he tell me about the fact that Tennmak are creating right now a all-metal earbud to compete the V Monk...
it will be same price as the Monk too!

I'M VERY curious about all these earbuds Gems....but first I should try the V-Monk
biggrin.gif

PS: JUST receive the MACAW Rt-10!!! I think they need burn in tough. They are very BIG And they are quite hard to amp (91db). Soundwise, huuuum. Let them buuuuurn first.

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #639 of 31,833

I think I prefer silicone as well.

I tried the smallest size of those cheap comply foams on AE that I believe you are referring to.
They ended up lasting me about 2 weeks before they started tearing. I guess my ears are vicious.

Auvio tips, go with either Small or Medium

Found them for a decent price on eBay. I think I'll try them out.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #640 of 31,833
  All metal for the same price as Monk? Lets hope some money will go into the drivers :D 

+1 Totally agree.

Have been lurking over here for a while. Decided to give these a try,

They a very well balanced and have a non fatiguing sound that you can enjoy for hours, days and till the end of time :)
They compliment very nicely to monk+. I use monk+ when I am feeling energetic while I use these when I want to relax. The are similar to monks in sound stage and airy openness. Monks have very slightly sharper highs(which make them more detialed) and punchy bass where as the TY HI-Z have nice smooth bass and more pleasing highs. I am new at this and my ears might not be trained to hear subtle peaks or dips in FR so please take my words with a pinch of salt.

Also, when I tried these for first time, there was no bass and was unimpressive however after a few days they really started to shine and I use them now all the time for music, movies, tv shows.

Same experience here, but my friend burned them in for me.
ksc75smile.gif
  So, when I tried them for the first time?....It was sub-bass heaven for me!

.....This was an awesome gift from my friend.
etysmile.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #641 of 31,833
  All metal for the same price as Monk? Lets hope some money will go into the drivers :D 

Hope too, will share pics If I find some...but I think Tennmak are serious about sound, this is why i'm very curious about them!

Well well, I think I must try the Monk now.

Talking about eartips, the Macaw RT-10 I listen now need a very particular pair to give his best sound, comfort is rather complicate because of factor form, try 6 different silicone-foam before finding right one wich is a small nozzle one. Before finding the right fit I didn,t know how they sound. Now the real listening begin, it is very bassy with sub bass and enormous soundstage, nice for electro!

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #643 of 31,833
  feel tempted to try tenmak piano

I like them more than the K4 now although the signatures are quite different. Can't wait to compare them with the Tennmak Pro but still waiting until the new cables are ready before I order, which I'm told will be about another week from now (20/7).

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #644 of 31,833
  I like them more than the K4 now although the signatures are quite different. Can't wait to compare them with the Tennmak Pro but still waiting until the new cables are ready before I order, which I'm told will be about another week from now (20/7).

thanks mate. glad yr review got featured!  

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #645 of 31,833
@crabdog
I would be interested to hear how you would compare them to the shozy zero.

Also, what's the deal with the cable on the Tennmaks, does a replacement cable make them sound better?
I think someone mentioned a silver cable in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back