CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 22, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #392 of 31,833
After the slight disappointment of the QKZ X8s, I got the DM3s today. Straight in the bin with these, dark, too bassy,

The fact they look identical to the tennmak banjos makes the experience worse.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #393 of 31,833
  After the slight disappointment of the QKZ X8s, I got the DM3s today. Straight in the bin with these, dark, too bassy,

The fact they look identical to the tennmak banjos makes the experience worse.

Sorry for you about that, we want a smile out of the box and the DM3 don't look like an happy camper iem.
triportsad.gif

Welll....is there any GOOD QKZ earphones after all?

KZ do good stuff and I really wonder if they are the same quality regarding drivers...

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #394 of 31,833
Musicmaker tw1 is extremely hard to drive

Will the Ibasso Dx80 or 90 will drive them well?
Sometime I feel some earphones benifit in bass and treble when goodly amping, but still can get enough loud with any players...
This happen a way more with headphones tough.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #395 of 31,833

Will the Ibasso Dx80 or 90 will drive them well?
Sometime I feel some earphones benifit in bass and treble when goodly amping, but still can get enough loud with any players...
This happen a way more with headphones tough.

i stack all my daps including dx80 with an additional amp when driving the tw1. 

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #396 of 31,833
I haven't felt the need to amp the TW1 yet, but I'll check it out and see what difference it makes :) For now, I'm just enjoying tip rolling to see what effect that has.

So far my old Skullcandy mediums are best (comfort), followed by B3 Pro 1 medium dual flange (really nerfs the mid bass). The stock wide bore tips are perfectly fine as well.

I think they could benefit from some minor tuning tweaks, lowering mid bass primarily. Planning to mess about with EQing later to see what improvements can be made.

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #397 of 31,833
I haven't felt the need to amp the TW1 yet, but I'll check it out and see what difference it makes
smily_headphones1.gif
For now, I'm just enjoying tip rolling to see what effect that has.

So far my old Skullcandy mediums are best (comfort), followed by B3 Pro 1 medium dual flange (really nerfs the mid bass). The stock wide bore tips are perfectly fine as well.

I think they could benefit from some minor tuning tweaks, lowering mid bass primarily. Planning to mess about with EQing later to see what improvements can be made.

amp will unlock the veil mate
eek.gif

you should give it a try 
beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #398 of 31,833
just tested my kz ed9, i definitely liked it, the changeble acoustic filter in this price category is a nice tought. will review it further later - but imo its worth its price.

//i'm looking for a wooden headphone. do you know any hidden gems from chinese?

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #399 of 31,833
just tested my kz ed9, i definitely liked it, the changeble acoustic filter in this price category is a nice tought. will review it further later - but imo its worth its price.

//i'm looking for a wooden headphone. do you know any hidden gems from chinese?

VJJB K4,Musicmaker Maple

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #403 of 31,833
:) true words, bro! they deserve more love and should be in more ears :) love them and they will return your love with a superb SQ! :)

Still gotta wrestle with that cable though lol!. I spoke to Tony from Tennmak and this is what he said about the Pro: 
Code:
 the sound is more deep , thick , smooth and strong .
So I guess I will be buying that soon....ouch my wallet hurts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back