CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 9, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #287 of 31,859
I got to listen to my Plextone X46M. Initially was really impressed with bass - when it's on it's own. However once any sort of electric guitars kick in - bass drops right off. Mid frequencies and highs are not good sounding at all. Burned in overnight - bass improved, but now it sounds bloated and really drowns mid and highs.
I listened to good variety of music and nothing sounds really good.
I can't recommend Plextone X46M. They were under $8. You can find much better headphones for extra couple bucks...

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #288 of 31,859
Well... Put in my TK Maples, been some days since listened to them. My go to's... I still like them but I think I'm starting to prefer the Letv. The bass isn't as thick due to wood vs plastic but the Letv don't drown out the mids so more details, a lot more balanced sound. Still prefer Maple vocals and energy though

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #290 of 31,859
triportsad.gif
x46m not my cup of tea, thanks god they come with a detachable cable that might be usable.

Yeah, I have 2 pairs of these, one sound good the other was too bassy and one earshell broke after 2 days...hum, I think plextone have quality issues with their product tough they can produce good earphones...
Do you try it with memory foam tips?
They were good with my Ibasso Dx90 that lack in bass department. Theyr are UNLISTENABLE on Iphone, ipod and other.
Anyway, I did not listen much to them after I receive better one, I still use the Plextone S50 that I really like tough (with the Xduoo X3 this time not the Ibasso Dx90 wich is too bright plus bright).

Guys, should I take it off the best off list at this price or not?
You will be the judge, if 5 people say it sound bad, hell, I take it off right away.
No pity here if headfiers are sad
mad.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #291 of 31,859
Well... Put in my TK Maples, been some days since listened to them. My go to's... I still like them but I think I'm starting to prefer the Letv. The bass isn't as thick due to wood vs plastic but the Letv don't drown out the mids so more details, a lot more balanced sound. Still prefer Maple vocals and energy though

Lol, Lurk....
look like you begin to find the charm of the ''anomolic'' Letv sound
wink_face.gif

I listen to them on the Xduoo X3 right now, I wonder because of who...hehe.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #292 of 31,859

Lol, Lurk....
look like you begin to find the charm of the ''anomolic'' Left sound
wink_face.gif

I listen to them on the Xduoo X3 right now, I wonder because of who...hehe.

Yes, its quite interesting, maybe just the different sound sigs its hard to decide which I prefer. They might be on an even playing field depending on how you want to hear your music at the moment.

The Maples provide a better emotional feel to the music, esp vocals. Its like you are there at a concert on stage and they are singing to you. You are experiencing the sound. Letv, you are in a recording studio, just hearing the music. Kind of hard to describe...Also, I don't think its actually the mids getting drowned out, pianos sound fantastic, the highs are are just rolled off I think so they get over powered a bit.

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #293 of 31,859

Yeah, I have 2 pairs of these, one sound good the other was too bassy and one earshell broke after 2 days...hum, I think plextone have quality issues with their product tough they can produce good earphones...
Do you try it with memory foam tips?
They were good with my Ibasso Dx90 that lack in bass department. Theyr are UNLISTENABLE on Iphone, ipod and other.
Anyway, I did not listen much to them after I receive better one, I still use the Plextone S50 that I really like tough (with the Xduoo X3 this time not the Ibasso Dx90 wich is too bright plus bright).

Guys, should I take it off the best off list at this price or not?
You will be the judge, if 5 people say it sound bad, hell, I take it off right away.
No pity here if headfiers are sad
mad.gif

I would be for taking them off. Out of 4 sets these x46m are by far the worst. kz ed2 that I paid less sound way better to me.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #295 of 31,859
  I would be for taking them off. Out of 4 sets these x46m are by far the worst. kz ed2 that I paid less sound way better to me.

Okay, will surely do, just wanna heard other people too.

Can I know with wich audio source you use the X46?

They are ultimately bassy, it's a fact, but with very clear source it can give a unique experience. But I will never say these earphones sound hifi or audiophile quality, cause, yes they are unbalanced, some frequencies are veiled and highs are super roll off...

Now I listen to them with the Dx80 and i'm hum, yes, should put these off because the TUNA X6 at 6$ sound way better than this as well as other earphones as the KZ ED2 as you said and other KZ.

Hum.
It's very tricky this sub-10$ category.

Other earphones WILL FALL!
Mouwahahahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #296 of 31,859

They are ultimately bassy, it's a fact, but with very clear source it can give a unique experience. But I will never say these earphones sound hifi or audiophile quality, cause, yes they are unbalanced, some frequencies are veiled and highs are super roll off...

Now I listen to them with the Dx80 and i'm hum, yes, should put these off because the TUNA X6 at 6$ sound way better than this as well as other earphones as the KZ ED2 as you said and other KZ.

Hum.

Mouwahahahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

I use my Galaxy S5 with Fiio E18K(DAC+Amp mode). I also tried just the phone and my laptop(not horrible). It's quite possible that some particular music styles will sound ok with the x46m, but I could not find any. 
Thanks for running this thread. You are starting to cost me money... Some of these headphones are fantastic for the money.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #297 of 31,859

Hum.

Mouwahahahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

QKZ W1 Pro? They are supposed to be very good, detachable over-ear for $8. 

We shall also see how the HF209 fro IPSDI do for $6...based on the IPSDI HF107 Dolphin which are $16 I don't have high hopes though

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #299 of 31,859
  Not sure if this has been posted before. looks like VJJB K4  are called APIE on Amazon for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DNIN13S/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Yeach ActionPie & GranVela are the two other names for VJJB on Amazon

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #300 of 31,859
Xiaomi Piston2 (Gold) and 1more Piston2 (Pink Gold) :

1more's build quality is very similar with xiaomi's. the tangible difference of looking is only the length of controlbox.  The difference of sound quality is large in particular abandance of bass and soundstage. 
Soundstage: 1more < DZAT DH-10 < xiaomi
The 1more is more flat signature than the xiaomi.
The 1more Piston2 is good for its price but the 1more does not beat the xiaomi. 

PS
I don't know about my xiaomi is piston2 or piston 2.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back