CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 4, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #211 of 31,833
Anybody got the Tennmak Dulcimer and Piano and can do little comparaison?

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #212 of 31,833
Can you tell more about these?
Comparaison or little sound impressions.

I'm really thinking about buying the TK12 or 13 one of these days....wonder if I should these instead.

I've had the 12, now have 13. Haven't heard other MusicMaker products but they have all been very good from variousareviews.

The Maples, with 200 play time, are very smooth sounding. Bass emphasis that isn't bloated but has good texture and good punch that goes pretty deep. Mids are not forward but aren't recessed, just maybe slightly, hard for me to tell, treble is rolled off but still provides great detail. Overall clarity and separation is damn good, Sound stage is wide.

The 12 and 13 both also have dual BA and are better but Maple is still a solid choice esp if wanting a wood iem

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #213 of 31,833
  I've just set set myself up a webstore in the UK aimed at selling these budget gems. Obviously to make it worthwhile I'm selling these at a higher price than what you can get these from China for. However, delivery is in a day or two compared to a few weeks. I've picked out a few recommendations from HeadFi, Audiofight and Audiobudget. 

My process is > read reviews > buy a pair to test > get single item to sell > buy more of the ones which sell well.

So far I've been really impressed by the following: -

* VJJB K4S - good sound, great build/materials
* VJJB K1S - again good sound and build, less warm than the K4S
* Mannhas E170 - I also got the C190 but the build was a bit iffy with these
* Audiosense AS 20 - balanced sound with a thumping bass when turned up a bit
* **** UES Custom - great sound that I like, not too much bass
* Tennmak Banjo, Piano and Dulcimer - all very very good

I didn't really like the Rock Zircons, Monks (fit) but I stock them as they sell well. 

It's really only a hobby, but it's a good way of justifying buy lots of earphones, I'm certainly not looking to do it full time. 

Does anyone else know of any other good review sites that I can look at? 

Got a link to your webstore?  Did a search for northern-mini and got results for mini cooper car audios which is not exactly what I was after!

Thanks

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #214 of 31,833
Anybody got the Tennmak Dulcimer and Piano and can do little comparaison?

in the thread "Tennmak" Paul gave his impressions:

Dulcimer: Thundering bass, mid & treble quick nice, a bit darker than Banjo
Bass:6
Mid:2 (Mid thinner than Banjo)
Treble:2

Banjo: Thundering bass, mid & treble quick nice, slightly brighter than Dulcimer.
Bass:6
Mid:2 (Mid thicker than Dulcimer)
Treble:2

Piano: Slightly V-shaped sound, good balance of 
Bass:4
Mid:2.6
Treble:3.4

Pro: Less bass than Piano, well balanced, best treble
Bass:2.5
Mid:3.5
Treble:4

Tennmak IE800: Slightly V-shaped, there's some coloring on the sound
Bass: 3.5
Mid:3
Treble:3.5

Piano is bassier than Pro. Pro got the least bass amount but dives deep enough.

I recommend you to go for the Pro. 

Hope this helps. :)

Paul

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #215 of 31,833
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links, it's against the site rules unless you're a sponsor. I did ask about that but no one came back to me. :rolleyes:

The northern-mini thing is a bit out of date, the business is called Asian Provocative Ear now

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #216 of 31,833
Coooooool....
welll from what I read the Piano got the best overall soundsignature, like the better of both world!
Feel that the Dulcimer could be eargasmical with some more mids, just a hint...look like the Piano got this hint and more treble mean more details soooo....

grrrrrr....

this thread will drive me bankrupt (#more repeated complaint from headfiers).

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #217 of 31,833
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links, it's against the site rules unless you're a sponsor. I did ask about that but no one came back to me.
rolleyes.gif

The northern-mini thing is a bit out of date, the business is called Asian Provocative Ear now

Nice.  Just be warned that doing a google of APE will bring up some lovely images of ear wax cleaners as well for some reason!

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #219 of 31,833
Guys, just finish my review of the SUPERLUX HD381.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-381/reviews/16131

No joke. You MUST try them!!! I need other opinion to know if i'm hysterical about them...really really AWESONE!

beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #220 of 31,833
I've had the 12, now have 13. Haven't heard other MusicMaker products but they have all been very good from variousareviews.

The Maples, with 200 play time, are very smooth sounding. Bass emphasis that isn't bloated but has good texture and good punch that goes pretty deep. Mids are not forward but aren't recessed, just maybe slightly, hard for me to tell, treble is rolled off but still provides great detail. Overall clarity and separation is damn good, Sound stage is wide.

The 12 and 13 both also have dual BA and are better but Maple is still a solid choice esp if wanting a wood iem

Hum, I have enough smooth sounding earphones in my collection, this sound description remind me of Tennmak dulcimer. Or perhaps the DZAT DF-10...

As the 12 and 13 are the same price, wich one do you prefer? I will not buy them soon, but perhaps one day....and I will like the whole package: fowards mids, sparkly treble with good micro details and extended punchy bass that go deep...all this with a warm soundsignature. 12 or 13?

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #224 of 31,833
@Nymphomaniac
I saw that there are 2 other similar models from Superlux... the HD385 and HD386, specs wise they are the same but the design are different and someone on the forum said that the 386 was brighter.
Would be interesting to know the differences if somebody has/had them and tested them

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #225 of 31,833
  @Nymphomaniac
I saw that there are 2 other similar models from Superlux... the HD385 and HD386, specs wise they are the same but the design are different and someone on the forum said that the 386 was brighter.
Would be interesting to know the differences if somebody has/had them and tested them

There is a review on Amazon comparing the 385 w/the 381F by Earfonia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back