CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 4, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #13,936 of 31,840
Does anybody know a good alternative for TRN V80 with similar bass, mids and preferably a more tamed treble?

I love treble but V80's highs are just plain incorrect, aggressive and disturbing with silicone tips. I really want to love the V80 but for me it's unusable without foam tips. Foam tips tame the highs and turn the V80 to an amazing IEM but tbh I dislike foam tips and avoid them if possible.

Revonext QT2 might be brought up but I read that there are QC issues with those so it's a no-go for me.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #13,937 of 31,840
Does anybody know a good alternative for TRN V80 with similar bass, mids and preferably a more tamed treble?

I love treble but V80's highs are just plain incorrect, aggressive and disturbing with silicone tips. I really want to love the V80 but for me it's unusable without foam tips. Foam tips tame the highs and turn the V80 to an amazing IEM but tbh I dislike foam tips and avoid them if possible.

Revonext QT2 might be brought up but I read that there are QC issues with those so it's a no-go for me.
I would suggest the BQEYZ BQ3

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #13,938 of 31,840
Who wants to help me spend money on 11-11? Lol. Considering qt2, bq3, t2 galaxy, or as10. I listen to mostly bass heavy genres. I enjoy a nice full bodied mid range as well as rumble

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #13,941 of 31,840
I can't say anything about these i.Valux HDBA001, but as far as I remember, their other model - HDBA002 - is the same as HiLisening HLSX-808/Magaosi M1. Some reviews say it is better than the famous Urbanfun HiFi. Better low bass region, more detailed sound and better soundstage. But highs are sharp with more sibilance.
I'd prefer the ES670 or the original Timmkoo ES635
Finally got myself the ES670. They're top notch. Just as I thought nothing else could come close to the many amazing chi-fi toys I got :-D This thing is among the very best. It's pretty big but fits easily straight out of the box. I'm happy with the stock silicone tips - the black core, sorta narrow tips. Plenty of bass. Soft tips probably bring out even more bass. It got a BA so no lacking in clarity here, but without any harshness. Very easy to listen to.
Joyplus is clearing them out on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X3QV7ND

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #13,943 of 31,840
Finally got myself the ES670. They're top notch. Just as I thought nothing else could come close to the many amazing chi-fi toys I got :-D This thing is among the very best. It's pretty big but fits easily straight out of the box. I'm happy with the stock silicone tips - the black core, sorta narrow tips. Plenty of bass. Soft tips probably bring out even more bass. It got a BA so no lacking in clarity here, but without any harshness. Very easy to listen to.
Joyplus is clearing them out on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X3QV7ND

It’s just so ugly and uncomfortable looking.

Do you happen to have any other Estron/EMI/Timmkoo/JoyPlus models to compare? Like the C600, C610, C630, etc?

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #13,944 of 31,840
It’s just so ugly and uncomfortable looking.

Do you happen to have any other Estron/EMI/Timmkoo/JoyPlus models to compare? Like the C600, C610, C630, etc?

I currently own the C670 and previously owned the C630, including some overlapping time when I had both (the cable on my C630's right side eventually failed, and I'm not handy enough to fix it). They are extremely similar in sound, I think they are the same drivers used in both of those models. They even have the same black filter that you can remove like on the C630 that gives similar results.

The fit on the C670 isn't the most comfortable fit in the world, if the housings were slightly angled it would be better. But, it's comfortable enough that I regularly go to bed at night listening to the C670 as I fall asleep. Also the cable is a lot nicer than the one used on the C630, at least for the C630s with the white cable.

They're a great deal at $7, I honestly might order a backup pair right now.

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #13,945 of 31,840
Hi, have read good things about BQEYZ QB3 and KZ AS10, having both about the same price at Amazon.
I am torn between those 2 models for outdoor use. Soundstage and imaging is important to me, and would prefer a balanced signature. Listen mainly to Prog rock, classic rock, R&B, hip hip and jazz fusion.
Which one would you recommend? Appreciate your feddback
Jose

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #13,946 of 31,840
I currently own the C670 and previously owned the C630, including some overlapping time when I had both (the cable on my C630's right side eventually failed, and I'm not handy enough to fix it). They are extremely similar in sound, I think they are the same drivers used in both of those models. They even have the same black filter that you can remove like on the C630 that gives similar results.

The fit on the C670 isn't the most comfortable fit in the world, if the housings were slightly angled it would be better. But, it's comfortable enough that I regularly go to bed at night listening to the C670 as I fall asleep. Also the cable is a lot nicer than the one used on the C630, at least for the C630s with the white cable.

They're a great deal at $7, I honestly might order a backup pair right now.

Since they sound the same as the c630 I’m gonna pass.

I do like the tuning of the c630, and having a better cable is worth it. The c630 are $20, so $7 is a great deal.

However, once I heard the c631 I fell in love! I wish they were still available at the blowout price from a few months ago.

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #13,947 of 31,840
Hi, have read good things about BQEYZ QB3 and KZ AS10, having both about the same price at Amazon.
I am torn between those 2 models for outdoor use. Soundstage and imaging is important to me, and would prefer a balanced signature. Listen mainly to Prog rock, classic rock, R&B, hip hip and jazz fusion.
Which one would you recommend? Appreciate your feddback
Jose

If you want more balanced, I’d consider the BQEYZ KC2 and TinAudio T2 as well.

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #13,948 of 31,840
If you want more balanced, I’d consider the BQEYZ KC2 and TinAudio T2 as well.
I´m concerned about the treble spyke the KC2 presents as mentioned in some Amazon´s reviews, and not very fond of T2 form factor.
I wouldn´t mind an slight V-shape signature, as I am enjoying IT01 so much.
Actually, i expect to receive BGVP DM6 any day next week and hope that one takes care of the balanced signature I am looking for.
Puting aside sound signature, which one among QC3 and AS10 is more engaging?
thanks, Jose

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #13,949 of 31,840

I believe that you have the Timmkoo/Joyplus/Estron c631s. How do the c670s compare?

Since they sound the same as the c630 I’m gonna pass.

I do like the tuning of the c630, and having a better cable is worth it. The c630 are $20, so $7 is a great deal.

However, once I heard the c631 I fell in love! I wish they were still available at the blowout price from a few months ago.

I agree with Slater (as usual). The c631 is a gem. But the $7 price tag for the c670 was too tempting... So one is coming my way.

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #13,950 of 31,840
Puting aside sound signature, which one among QC3 and AS10 is more engaging?
thanks, Jose

I can't help you there; I haven't heard either of those.

Although since you have a BGVP DM6 on the way, I would wait and see how it sounds before deciding on others. My understanding is the DM6 is a significant step up the others you've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back