CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #4,892 of 31,833
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #4,893 of 31,833
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #4,894 of 31,833
The TinAudio T2 is a fantastic iem, very natural sounding. The DM7 has more bass and is very lively, I really like both of them

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #4,895 of 31,833
Great post again, Slater. In your opinion, how worried should I be about driver flex?
I've always thought the vents at the back would solve the driver flex issue before reading your explanation on the types of vents.
Therefore, I have concluded that few of my bassier DD IEM's which I love, suffer from what I think can be classified as a driver flex.

Some of them give an audible 'pop' sound after insertion into my ears, which I previously thought was caused by the silicone tips.
Usually how fast does this kill the IEM (if at all?), and how does it affect the sound over time?

I'm certainly no expert, but it is said that driver flex "eventually" damages IEM drivers. I have yet to personally have an IEM go "bad" as the direct result from (known) driver flex. But then again, how would we ever definitively prove it? To me its more of an annoyance. I despise that aluminum foil crunching in my eardrum sound.

Now in theory, you could have enough flex that the diaphragm gets deformed/wrinkled. Then it WOULD affect the sound and could possibly damage the driver more than the minor crunching. That condition is easier to detect on full size headphone drivers (ie 30+mm), because you can visually see the diaphragm easier than an IEMs diaphragm.

Personally, I wouldn't lose any sleep over driver flex in an IEM.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,896 of 31,833
Receive my second pair of ZS5....pretty sure I got V1 and V2 now cause soundsignature is quite different as well as the little box was a white one. Can't decide the one I prefer, V1 feel smoother and more balanced but less in your face and detailed while V2 is brighter and cleaner.....will have to listen more as V2 have just 3 hours of listen.

Still amaze about ZS5 value, I really prefer them to Kinera H3 for exemple (even use the cable on the ZS5 while H3 take dusts).

Still waiting for next IEM offering this out-of-this-world price value. Might try the ZS6....but last Alisale kill my wallet for good.

Oh, and I finally receive the Vido too, not bad at all, but with all the hysterical vibe was thinking they will be incredible...but for 4$ yes, it's a mesmerizing earbuds. But, I'll pay anytime the double of this price for a pair of MX500 instead. With the vido their a lack of mids and texture, and bass will go distort at high volume, MX500 need to be at VERY high volume to distort and I don't think its the driver problem. Too much high expectation as said so take this with a grain of salt:wink:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #4,897 of 31,833
Aloha, I need help selecting some Bluetooth earphones.

Been talking to a friend about Chinese earphones and he is interested in a TOTALLY wireless Bluetooth model. I don't think he will be too picky, but I would still like to get him something decent with a fair amount of bass since he said he likes bass. Since I have been talking up Chi-Fi, I would like something impressive for the price without going overboard. Probably in the $20 and under range but if there is something that's CONSIDERABLY better for a little bit more, then that would be fine too. He said he will be using it for "E-books and maybe some music".

This style with absolutely no wires. Mahalo.

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,898 of 31,833
You guys checked out the QKZ DM7 yet?
I think these are really amazing for not even $7! Wrote a review about them, my new daily drivers!

http://www.earphoneking.com/qkz-dm7-review-majin-curse-enables-superior-sound-quality/

Those look just like the QKZ X10. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...iginal-KZ-Earbuds-Headphones/32570941162.html

In-ear-Earphone-QKZ-X10-HiFi-Earphones-Stereo-Headset-Noise-Canceling-fone-de-ouvido-Original-Earbuds.jpg

I have seen them re-branded as "MoreBlue M26" https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...r-Bass-Headset-Sport/1263688_32706857757.html

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #4,900 of 31,833
Aloha, I need help selecting some Bluetooth earphones.

Been talking to a friend about Chinese earphones and he is interested in a TOTALLY wireless Bluetooth model. I don't think he will be too picky, but I would still like to get him something decent with a fair amount of bass since he said he likes bass. Since I have been talking up Chi-Fi, I would like something impressive for the price without going overboard. Probably in the $20 and under range but if there is something that's CONSIDERABLY better for a little bit more, then that would be fine too. He said he will be using it for "E-books and maybe some music".

This style with absolutely no wires. Mahalo.

The biggest problem with that style (in general) is the terrible battery life. That's why those wireless nano earphones always come with charging cases. Most of them have poor reception due to a lack of room for a proper antenna.

One of the few I'd consider is the Syllable D9x (not the D9). A coworker got a pair and they seemed really nice. It is above your $20 price range though. I've seen it on flash sale and with coupon codes from Gearbest a few times now for much cheaper (you can also use the mobile app to get it 25% cheaper).

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_949423.html

I know you don't like wires, but I would wholeheartedly recommend the Meizu EP52. It's a neckband style.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #4,901 of 31,833
I gave my DM7 away a loooong time ago. Was not impressed. Ed10 was much better imo.

Yeah, I'm done with QKZ stuff. 95% of it is subpar.

There is sooo much better stuff out there for the same price or less. For example, for 25% LESS cost than the QKZ DM7 you can get the KZ EDR1 or EDR2, which both leave the DM7 in the dust.

They're maybe useful for donor shells and the free hard carry case, but that's about it.

Never heard the ED10.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,902 of 31,833
The biggest problem with that style (in general) is the terrible battery life. That's why those wireless nano earphones always come with charging cases. Most of them have poor reception due to a lack of room for a proper antenna.

One of the few I'd consider is the Syllable D9x (not the D9). A coworker got a pair and they seemed really nice. It is above your $20 price range though. I've seen it on flash sale and with coupon codes from Gearbest a few times now for much cheaper (you can also use the mobile app to get it 25% cheaper).

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_949423.html

I know you don't like wires, but I would wholeheartedly recommend the Meizu EP52. It's a neckband style.

Thanks Slate. We are still in the feeling out stage on what to get him, so we are still flexible. He isn't poor so he could definitely afford the Syllable D9x ($43.17 via the app), but I was under the impression that we could get something kick ass for $20. I know jack squat about Bluetooth so I will soak in the advice of the experts like yourself. You make some awesome points as always. Would hate to get him something sub par with poor reception and junky battery life. Why is that neckband so huge on the EP52 vs the EP51?

Today I had my first BT earbud experience. Listened to my bother in laws Beats Powerbeats3 that he was raving about, and was totally unimpressed (but I did smile and say "Cool" so I didn't hurt his feelings). $6 KZE and $8 ZS3 absolutely destroy them IMO.

Since you are steering me away from the totally wireless kind, how good would something like the KX ZSE with BT Module/Cable be? What would the drawbacks be compared to the EP52 or even the EP51?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #4,903 of 31,833

There is sooo much better stuff out there for the same price or less. For example, for 25% LESS cost than the QKZ DM7 you can get the KZ EDR1 or EDR2, which both leave the DM7 in the dust.

They're maybe useful for donor shells and the free hard carry case, but that's about it.

Never heard the ED10.

ED10 is one of my personal fav KZs.

ed10.jpg

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #4,904 of 31,833

Never heard the ED10.
I wouldn't write off QKZ. I have the QKZ 36 and it's excellent. Asian Provocative Ear gives the QKZ DM300 an 8.6, and I'd rate it as an elite performer in both quality and value.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #4,905 of 31,833
So bad to live in the other side of the world of china, in a country with a terrible post office. 3 months ago i had 6 iems, right now i have just 2, and 5 on the way, 6 counting the upcoming zsr, I'll have all of them only about 01/2/2018. They don't get home and the list of orders just keep increasing. In that way i will be always with a order to get home, ad infitum...

edit:
Ordered a pair of ASK HYBRID, the fr graph on the audiobudget facebook page looks very good, balanced, good mid presence, and good extencion of bass and highs. And igor seems to like them very much. A lot of members here posted good impressions on them. The only problem seems to be quality of construction and problems cable connection-wise

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back