CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #30,931 of 31,859
So I gave up fighting with my contradicting thoughts. It’s the dead bottom price.

A262C08A-2AF1-4828-9B10-50FF39B60777.jpeg

Order placed. Will have input.

Nov 19, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #30,932 of 31,859
So I gave up fighting with my contradicting thoughts. It’s the dead bottom price.

Order placed. Will have input.

Haha sorry bout your wallet. Look forward to your impressions! Seems like an excellent deal.

I seriously wonder how they fare against modern day midFI/TOTL IEMs, considering this was released at north of 1K USD 3 - 4 years ago. It is still around $900ish on some sites. Anyway it has 4 tuning options, so think of it as buying 4 IEMs with this purchase LOL.

Newer doesn't necessarily mean better, and the Sony M9 I have is still very competitive against modern day TOTL models, it also came out 3 - 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #30,933 of 31,859
Haha sorry bout your wallet. Look forward to your impressions! Seems like an excellent deal.

I seriously wonder how they fare against modern day midFI/TOTL IEMs, considering this was released at north of 1K USD 3 - 4 years ago. It is still around $900ish on some sites. Anyway it has 4 tuning options, so think of it as buying 4 IEMs with this purchase LOL.

Newer doesn't necessarily mean better, and the Sony M9 I have is still very competitive against modern day TOTL models, it also came out 3 - 4 years ago.
Haha yea buying 4 $1k IEMs. God save our poor IEM addicted souls😂

One sad sad fact that caught my attention.

Exactly same harman website: last year when I placed order for N400, one around Dec 2021, one around March 2022:
2D6D66BD-53F1-4E02-ABDB-241AD68F4079.jpeg

Now: Nov 2022
420DA73E-95B7-46EE-9FB2-B9C091A2DEAD.jpeg

Hey…AKG logo is gone….
AKG is literally pulling the plug from IEM market it seems.

Yes, as an AKG fanboy, I think I can justify my obligation to lit up the last gasp of AKG. Farewell. RIP. Oh by the way AKG, your IP2 was a terrible IEM. Bad choice for entering IEM market with that, bad choice…

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #30,934 of 31,859
i just saw the kz pr1 hifi. are there any noteworthy alternatives in this pricerange and planar magnetic? otherwise i will go for them
You could go for the KZ PR1 pro, its their revised planar driver and first week discount, for $42 in their official aliexpress store

graph_4.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #30,935 of 31,859
Anyone know if the vents on the PR1 Pro are real? I love my Timeless but could do with some half-decent isolation for going out and about.

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #30,936 of 31,859
I’m telling myself “why you need any more IEMs? While you have dozens more already top-notch ones, what’s the point? It’s waste of money. Spend on some good dinner with your family instead”
But still “want to know AKG’s ex-flagship IEM, N400 is proved as Starfield TWS, now N5005 is 4BA+1DD, ain’t it gonna be Blessing2 wireless for $199? “ voice hovers and echoes
200$ is more reasonable now, but they still only got a technical grade of B when I look into crinacle's rankings.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #30,939 of 31,859
Yea… thanks for sharing. I was aware od that that N5005 and it’s very tempting. If only $199 comes with further discount (I’n looking at Black Friday/Cyber Monday), I cannot stop my finger.

Looked the webiste again, AKG must heard us. “Lowest price it is already. No Black Friday Sale”
4ED27076-DC0E-4AA4-A280-F068D84AC4BF.jpeg

I’m telling myself “why you need any more IEMs? While you have dozens more already top-notch ones, what’s the point? It’s waste of money. Spend on some good dinner with your family instead”
But still “want to know AKG’s ex-flagship IEM, N400 is proved as Starfield TWS, now N5005 is 4BA+1DD, ain’t it gonna be Blessing2 wireless for $199? “ voice hovers and echoes
im very curious how these compare to stuffs like Kinera Idun Golden, Audiosense AQ4, Hisenior MGA5P, Ikko OH10 or those blessing 2...i think we would be surprise by result since AKG IEMs are overpriced and they just discover it lately it seem.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #30,940 of 31,859
200$ is more reasonable now, but they still only got a technical grade of B when I look into crinacle's rankings.
That, I know, and his ranking list is pretty consistent except for KZ/CCA/TRN and short term loaner ones with tonality that didn’t fit his preferences.

For AKG I think he spent some time and show some interest listening into it, so there maybe just an average sounding 4BA+1DD, but who knows, he is not god almighty, so as an old AKG fan, I’d give it a shot👍

Nevertheless, it’s the last gasp of AKG in IEM, so it will be a good addition to my personal collection (I like the first and the last piece of the product history)
im very curious how these compare to stuffs like Kinera Idun Golden, Audiosense AQ4, Hisenior MGA5P, Ikko OH10 or those blessing 2...i think we would be surprise by result since AKG IEMs are overpriced and they just discover it lately it seem.
Yea, as an $1k flagship, it could be simply assumed sound quality at that level, so when AKG’s 4BA+1DD IEM came to $200-300 range, it’s an interesting occasion.

It’s an AKG flagship after all, we will see. Right now many IEM do follow harman-AKG curve, and as the main authority, AKG won’t be too idiotic to pull out randomly tuned IEM as their iconic IEM flagship, so my expectation isn’t too low. If it’s a single DD, that maybe questionable more, but at least they got 4 high-end BAs that couldn’t go too wrong with AKG’s tuning to sound right.

I looked up some “trustable” info from the web about cross-comparison of N5005 and found nothing but “I switched from SE846/IE80 and it sound good”. And not to mention “pay-to-rate” “Revie-tizement”.

No visible infor about this IEM whether in English or Japanese, maybe there are some chinese source but I’m just too lazy pulling info, I’d rather just wait and hear by myself.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #30,941 of 31,859
Anyone know if the vents on the PR1 Pro are real? I love my Timeless but could do with some half-decent isolation for going out and about.
PR1 were fake vent....it would surprise me KZ do real one for this one...

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #30,942 of 31,859
PR1 were fake vent....it would surprise me KZ do real one for this one...
Pretty sure I saw a post response from KZ saying the PR1Pro top is decorative but the side vents are legit. Now whether that does anything.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back