CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 7, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #26,611 of 31,833
Nope there isn't a HZSound thread as far as I'm aware. We can create a thread though if you are keen, so far we have been discussing it here and a bit on the Chinese brands and Discovery threads. I think this brand did have prior releases, but this Heart Mirror really gets my vote for best sub $100 single DD this year.
It is quite a niche tuning and a hidden gem, I do hope that as more people try it, they will get the recognition they deserve. Oh ya, u need an amp with it, sounds meh from a smartphone only.

HZSound Heart Mirror pros/cons (TLDR):

Pros

Beautiful shell. Light and comfortable. Good build.
Fast transients.
Good details, clarity, imaging, instrument separation for a budget single DD.
Neutral bright tuning with very few instances of hot upper mids/lower treble.
Very good timbre for vocals and acoustic instruments. Good for vocal lovers.
Good price to performance ratio.
Generous accessories.

Cons:
Shells are fingerprint magnets, can be scratched too.
Bass lite, lacks midbass punch (good news is that it takes to bass EQ well).
Average soundstage height/depth when not amped.
Will need amping to perform optimally.
Thin note weight.
Yes, do start an HZsound thread. I only very recently checked but they do, as a brand, have some history. I've ordered the 'Heart Mirror' and should have them in a couple of weeks. You and others are really enjoying them and reviewing them well. What is amazing is we are talking about an IEM that costs very little for it's build and features. A unique thread might start to really elevate their status because they are very affordable.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #26,612 of 31,833
How would it compare to Tin T2 the non plus version? Because the cons are very much in line with T2. Thanks in advance

I don't have the original Tin T2 with me any more, but IIRC, the HZSound Heart Mirror is much better in fit (especially) and subbass extension and technicalities. Timbre I can't do A/B testing now but I do think the Heart Mirror is better. I also didn't really like the Tin T2 cause it was too bass lite for me.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #26,613 of 31,833
I don't have the original Tin T2 with me any more, but IIRC, the HZSound Heart Mirror is much better in fit (especially) and subbass extension and technicalities. Timbre I can't do A/B testing now but I do think the Heart Mirror is better. I also didn't really like the Tin T2 cause it was too bass lite for me.

They're definitely bass light but their timbre is decent. I am thinking of getting them in Chinese New Year sale. Need something to fill in the void of KB100.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #26,615 of 31,833
FB_IMG_1607351128437.jpgIMG_20201204_161845__01.jpgIMG_20201204_161751__01.jpg

Another hidden gem from taobao, single DD DQSM Hermit priced at around RMB99, although this look like a final audio fi-ba-ss copycat but dont underestimate its sound, clean & balance tonality, slighly bright with HUGE I mean HYUGEEEEEEEE soundstage, the soundstage & its overall technical performance doesnt make sense at this price point. But it needs extra juice of power to reach it full potential though. If you can get this at online store/taobao just buy it blindly you wont regret it.
I Seconded this. If you have a powerful enough DAP or DAC/AMP combo. This is the best IEM (at least for me) under 50USD (and maybe even 100usd) the price to performance ratio didn't makes any sense.

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #26,617 of 31,833
I made an in-depth written review about the 40-USD IEM EA3 from Jade Audio & @FiiO

I thought it was a pretty good overall IEM, pretty punchy and dynamic, good ergonomics, and good details for their 40 USD price point

More in the full article :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/12/love-your-pocket-jade-audio-ea3-iems-review.html

FiiO-Jade-EA-3-IEMs-Earphones-Basshead-Chifi-Affordable-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-20.jpg

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #26,618 of 31,833
Just pulled the trigger on a banned brand's new IEM. Anyone else did as well? Sen. KP580?

*Hope this doesn't get deleted by mods.

+1 Got one yesterday.

I wasn't gonna buy them since I've already ordered more buds than I anticipated in the past month(MT300 included), then I saw KP580 listed for $12. Well... I'd get them just for that ceramic housing and screw MMCX alone! The expectation for the sound is LOW, but the design and built is too good for the price!

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #26,619 of 31,833
Why? What happened to your KB100?

Before COVID lockdown, I forgot them in my office. And in my city, work spaces aren't open as of now. So they're biting the dust in my office.

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #26,620 of 31,833
Hello,
I have read the forum with different occasions in the past, but without an account until a few days ago. This is my first post here. I hope it's the right place for my request, being related to chifi IEMs.

I have the Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Black that has 9 years and it works fine(somewhat light use, but still) and 4 years ago I tried Xiaomi Mi Pro (not Pro HD!), this one.
I'm tempted to try some new IEMs although I wouldn't use them too much or often. Plus I consider buying from China and in this case the warranty can't be considered. So I don't think that I want to invest too much.
It will be used with a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro(it's on the way..) and predominantly at home - noise isolation is not important.
The fit is important I think. For example the Xiaomi Mi Pro have too soft ear tips and always feel like they're falling off. I tried some cheap foam tips from Aliexpress, but I'm not sure about them.
I don't have a clear idea about what sound signature I prefer.. At this moment because I read too much in a short period of time I'm afraid of "extremes" and I am inclined to say that I would prefer something more neutral. :thinking:
I listen many music genres, but mostly is deep house with instruments and/or vocals. I think that the correct genre could be the organic house / downtempo added recently by beatport with a good description: "deeper, slower, and more meditative shades of house music ". Ethnic/oriental deep house. Something like that.

Something under ~ 50$ (chifi) can be a substantial upgrade for my case?

There are so many options, but unfortunately I can't buy them all to try. :relaxed:
I have read each brand's thread(posts from the last 1-2 weekes, at least) and a lot of reviews during the last 5-7 days. My head is spinning.
- TinHIFI T2 Plus seems to be a good option at ~ 40$ now. Maybe it is my first option because it is the only one that I find with the possibility to be shipped from EU at about 45$. So it arrives faster and without other import taxes/customs duties.
- HZSound Heart Mirror is somewhat neutral from what I have seen. ~ 40$ now. Maybe I could like it?
- BLON 01(as a very budget option, but seems to be very appreciated), 03, 05s
- Moondrop SSR or SSP
- KZ ZSX and maybe ZAX or ASF?
- CCA CA16
- TRN V90s
And others that are less popular for me at this moment.
I think I need to calm down a bit and read more about each option. :relaxed:

At the end I'm just curios, TRI Starsea bellow 90$ now (plus import taxes/customs duties) which is out of my budget... is it really worth double the price from the above list?

Thank you!

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #26,621 of 31,833
+1 Got one yesterday.

I wasn't gonna buy them since I've already ordered more buds than I anticipated in the past month(MT300 included), then I saw KP580 listed for $12. Well... I'd get them just for that ceramic housing and screw MMCX alone! The expectation for the sound is LOW, but the design and built is too good for the price!
Some say it's DeeTee6 sounding... and the tips they come with scandalously and seriously look like BGVP A07 tips. They even share the same shell with the DN2. Got mine for $10 then bought a JCally JC08S cable for $4. Seems like a bargain to me 🧐 Pic not mine.

1607552603528.png

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #26,622 of 31,833
Hello,
I have read the forum with different occasions in the past, but without an account until a few days ago. This is my first post here. I hope it's the right place for my request, being related to chifi IEMs.

I have the Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Black that has 9 years and it works fine(somewhat light use, but still) and 4 years ago I tried Xiaomi Mi Pro (not Pro HD!), this one.
I'm tempted to try some new IEMs although I wouldn't use them too much or often. Plus I consider buying from China and in this case the warranty can't be considered. So I don't think that I want to invest too much.
It will be used with a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro(it's on the way..) and predominantly at home - noise isolation is not important.
The fit is important I think. For example the Xiaomi Mi Pro have too soft ear tips and always feel like they're falling off. I tried some cheap foam tips from Aliexpress, but I'm not sure about them.
I don't have a clear idea about what sound signature I prefer.. At this moment because I read too much in a short period of time I'm afraid of "extremes" and I am inclined to say that I would prefer something more neutral. :thinking:
I listen many music genres, but mostly is deep house with instruments and/or vocals. I think that the correct genre could be the organic house / downtempo added recently by beatport with a good description: "deeper, slower, and more meditative shades of house music ". Ethnic/oriental deep house. Something like that.

Something under ~ 50$ (chifi) can be a substantial upgrade for my case?

There are so many options, but unfortunately I can't buy them all to try. :relaxed:
I have read each brand's thread(posts from the last 1-2 weekes, at least) and a lot of reviews during the last 5-7 days. My head is spinning.
- TinHIFI T2 Plus seems to be a good option at ~ 40$ now. Maybe it is my first option because it is the only one that I find with the possibility to be shipped from EU at about 45$. So it arrives faster and without other import taxes/customs duties.
- HZSound Heart Mirror is somewhat neutral from what I have seen. ~ 40$ now. Maybe I could like it?
- BLON 01(as a very budget option, but seems to be very appreciated), 03, 05s
- Moondrop SSR or SSP
- KZ ZSX and maybe ZAX or ASF?
- CCA CA16
- TRN V90s
And others that are less popular for me at this moment.
I think I need to calm down a bit and read more about each option. :relaxed:

At the end I'm just curios, TRI Starsea bellow 90$ now (plus import taxes/customs duties) which is out of my budget... is it really worth double the price from the above list?

Thank you!
I don't have the Heart Mirror, but I was planning to buy them. Among your picks, those have the best package overall. The cable they come with isn't like what you find under $50. They include a case and the tips look like Sony Hybrid tips. Tagging fellow NBBA @NymPHONOmaniac for confirmation.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #26,623 of 31,833
I don't have the Heart Mirror, but I was planning to buy them. Among your picks, those have the best package overall. The cable they come with isn't like what you find under $50. They include a case and the tips look like Sony Hybrid tips. Tagging fellow NBBA @NymPHONOmaniac for confirmation.
Yep, you got full package some 100$ IEM cant deliver. And for the sound, its more like some 200$ IEM cant deliver that level of technicalities.

But AMPING NEED isnt urban legend...its f mandatory.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #26,624 of 31,833
Some say it's DeeTee6 sounding... and the tips they come with scandalously and seriously look like BGVP A07 tips. They even share the same shell with the DN2. Got mine for $10 then bought a JCally JC08S cable for $4. Seems like a bargain to me 🧐 Pic not mine.

1607552603528.png
Man, tell me more about those 580! Hows bass? Timbre? Vocal? Treble??

Seem like great bargain indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back