CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 28, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #26,236 of 31,833
Oct 28, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #26,237 of 31,833
I have deleted this post as the content is not relevant to this thread.

(For the curious ones, you can still read it in the quotes of messages below, but the content/request no longer stands as I understand it may be misinterpreted as something it is not)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #26,239 of 31,833
Have you at least made the effort to read back the last 3 or 4 weeks, from this very thread, for relevant information ?

Yes, I do read this thread regularly (one of the few threads I read on Head-Fi) but I don't think it is fair for me to just take parts of a thread and name items as suggested by a certain user without them actually suggesting it specifically in this case.

In other words, unless somebody specifically suggests something for the video under the understanding that I will include it in the video, I don't feel I have a right to use it.

I'm not sure if that makes sense but I'm all about only using content I have been permitted to use, even if it is only a message from a forum.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #26,240 of 31,833
Yes, I do read this thread regularly (one of the few threads I read on Head-Fi) but I don't think it is fair for me to just take parts of a thread and name items as suggested by a certain user without them actually suggesting it specifically in this case.

In other words, unless somebody specifically suggests something for the video under the understanding that I will include it in the video, I don't feel I have a right to use it.

I'm not sure if that makes sense but I'm all about only using content I have been permitted to use, even if it is only a message from a forum.

I don't mean to be harsh buddy but this looks like hijacking.

Just open another thread for your needs else this will turn into an irrelevant junk show.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #26,241 of 31,833

Should you really be advising people based on headphone products you've never actually heard? Good advice on headphones is hard to come by anyway, whether through unscrupulous business such as shilling or pure confirmation bias - "I have this new thing and it's new so must be wonderful". That's on top of the incredibly subjective nature of Hifi gear in the first place.

I mean, your idea is a sound one and props to you for doing it but you really need to do your own research, to form your own opinions. Cos people WILL have questions and DO deserve honest, if subjective advice.

People's posts on here give others a view of what their own preferences are. If for example my opinion of the LingLong LL6 is similar to what your own ears hear then you know it's fairly likely that if I rave about the Sunny SN4++ you will like it to. To lift these opinions wholesale and present them as fact or as your own opinion on your YT channel is leaving yourself open to a lot of criticism and mistrust.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #26,242 of 31,833
@Adide & @Tonymac136 , thank you both for your input and I can understand where you are both coming from.

I will edit/erase the post as I understand that it may not come across as I intended.

Just to answer the specific question from @Tonymac136, regarding recommending items based on there opinions and doing my own research, I agree with you totally.

I spend at least one week listening or using anything I review on the channel and I wouldn't recommend something I haven't tried or heard.

The idea behind this video was to not only go over the sub 50 items I have reviewed as a recap, but to also mention items that other people view as their "best spent" 50 bucks, being clear that it was suggested by XXXX person on XXXX forum or from a subscriber etc. Not as a personal recommendation.

When I started the YT channel, the first episodes were not only reviews, they also included reviews from other reviewers abbreviated and translated into Spanish with links to the original review (always with previous consent of the reviewer in question) along with headphone news of new releases etc (again, with previous consent of the manufacturers). However, I did not have time to keep up with creating a weekly video with that much content, so it has turned into just a weekly review of a product.

The intention of this was just a one off video, with some external input, as the holiday seasons and sales approach.

Again, I apologize for what was probably the wrong place to post such a thing and was also probably not explained correctly.

Thanks for the input and stay safe all!

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #26,243 of 31,833
I spend at least one week listening or using anything I review on the channel and I wouldn't recommend something I haven't tried or heard.

The idea behind this video was to not only go over the sub 50 items I have reviewed as a recap, but to also mention items that other people view as their "best spent" 50 bucks, being clear that it was suggested by XXXX person on XXXX forum or from a subscriber etc. Not as a personal recommendation.

My 2p worth - better to engage with your audience on your YT channel, ask for their comments etc. Try some of their suggestions. I think the audience on YT might be subtly different than that on a forum. I don't post reviews on YT because nobody wants to see and hear an overweight, unattractive middle-aged man prattling on about IEMs.

Oct 29, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #26,245 of 31,833
What are the choices in the low budget end these days, I need to buy a bunch of IEMs for the kids.

Is it still UiiSii HM7 or are there newer alternatives?

Never tried or even heard of the UM7 but the KZ EDX is the latest cheapie to have a following. It's pretty good and a bargain at the £5ish it can be had for.

Oct 29, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #26,246 of 31,833
CVJ CS8 on the way. I like neutral tunings so am looking forward to them.

Oct 30, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #26,248 of 31,833
Anyone spotted any significant 11/11 sales? Looking on Ali i've only seen very minor discounts here and there.

I bought the local mh750s in the end. Fingers crossed they're real.

Audiosense stuff have a decent markdown on them; ditto for the Bqeyz Spring 1 and 2, LZ A6/A6 mini, Tempotec has some deals going. KBEar, KZ, TinHifi... eh not so much. But the biggest gains come from stacking coupons, as always.

If you like cables, NiceHCK cables are half off again.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #26,250 of 31,833
Single BA fans? Who are those?
Give me one good Singe BA?
There aren't any.

Shure E4C was really good back in the day. I have yet to hear a single BA I’ve liked as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back