CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2,221 of 31,833

and what about this 2 Benjie k3 and x1(k9s) is it better than or like s5 sound

I am having trouble deciphering your question (if it is a question), 

In case you are asking how this compares to k3, x1, s5 .. I honestly would not know  :) I only discovered their existence today. Getting stuff is terribly slow for me. 

I would suspect though, that this one would be very similar to the S5, and my only point of reference is the same OLED screen (instead of the tiny color display the others have), this hints at same / similar internals. I could also be totally wrong on that ... I just like the looks of it! It has dedicated volume buttons which should eliminate some of the UI troubles users have with the K9.
But I don't believe that the front is actual '2.5D Glass' (later they call it 2.5D mirror), the circular cut out for the clickwheel does not feel like something one could do with real glass, I guess it is some hard, transparent plastic. 

But we all know how exact / correct / true / proof read those promises on the product pages are ... like this size info: :D 

that would make for a player smaller than a micro SD card ... 

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,222 of 31,833
I wouldn't call that deeply flawed. It's no more idiosyncratic than other players at this price point and it's very easy to get used to. Compared to the Ruizu type menus, the k9 interface is more streamlined, emphasizes its music functions and has better responsiveness. The battery life is huge which is also a plus.

To put one of the most accessed functions under what is effectively a sub menu is really bad design. Seeing that Benjie addressed it with the K9s (assumed) replacement the X1 they obviously thought it was an oversight as well.

The other thing I noted about the K9 was it was really sluggish, I had an early version so maybe they addressed this with an update. Screen was appallingly low res as well.

I agree most players at this price point have pretty crap UI, personally I think using your mobile phone and a DAC such as the Fiio K1 or Cozoy offer a much better music experience even without the addition of streaming services.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #2,223 of 31,833
Could any of the headphones (on ear, over ear) on the list be taken as equivalently great bang-for-the-buck as the Monks are?

For me that would be the SuperLux 668B, for sure not the ultimate in resolution but for the price they perform extremely well
wink_face.gif

Have to agree on this one, the Superlux HD668B have the bang for buck level of the Monks

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #2,224 of 31,833
So I bought these £7 earphones from China, the ones I ordered they never sent instead they sent me these they sound great for the price, I already had a set of the ones I initially ordered but I stepped on them after they fell of my desk, they never sounded too good in the first place but i was in the process of testing them, these sound way better out of the box so I'm not complaining BUT these don't have a marking for left & right on them, so I wanted to ask how to differentiate which is right & left, to me both sides sound the same, shall I just ignore it & enjoy them? It would be nice to find out which side is which though.

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,225 of 31,833
So I bought these £7 earphones from China, the ones I ordered they never sent instead they sent me these they sound great for the price, I already had a set of the ones I initially ordered but I stepped on them after they fell of my desk accidentally, never too sound in the first place these sound way better so I'm not complaining BUT these don't have a marking for left & right on them, so I wanted to ask how to differentiate which is right & left, to me both sides sound the same, shall I just ignore it & enjoy them? It would be nice to find out which side is which though.

Nice, one rarely hears a positive story behind the old bait and switch scenario
rolleyes.gif

So no place on the shell or strain relief is there a side indicator? Are they mic'd? Usually if mic's the right is the mic side (most of the time)

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #2,226 of 31,833
So I bought these £7 earphones from China, the ones I ordered they never sent instead they sent me these they sound great for the price, I already had a set of the ones I initially ordered but I stepped on them after they fell of my desk accidentally, never too sound in the first place these sound way better so I'm not complaining BUT these don't have a marking for left & right on them, so I wanted to ask how to differentiate which is right & left, to me both sides sound the same, shall I just ignore it & enjoy them? It would be nice to find out which side is which though.

They look like UiiSii US90s by the way. Personally if they'd sent me the wrong earphones I'd be opening a dispute regardless.

This will help with identifying the channels

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php 

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2,227 of 31,833
Nice, one rarely hears a positive story behind the old bait and switch scenario:rolleyes:  

So no place on the shell or strain relief is there a side indicator? Are they mic'd? Usually if mic's the right is the mic side (most of the time)
i

Theres no markings at all i took time trying to find something even dots that some have like 1 dot on side & 2 the other, they do have a mic but i found out from all the ones i have it could be on any side so that didnt really help me after checking my others.

The box looked like they was going to be good lol so i wasnt complaining with the mixup.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #2,228 of 31,833
[
They look like UiiSii US90s by the way. Personally if they'd sent me the wrong earphones I'd be opening a dispute regardless.

Yes your right they look identical to the UiiSii US90 thats what i realised when i first opened them, but when i tested them side to side, the UiiSii US90 was better in the highs ever so slightly where as the mids & low end on these stood out with a few songs i tried back to back, just left music playing on them in the morning when i left for work will have a listen again later, i would of opened up a dispute but the box drew me in & i thought i didnt pay much for them so in this case i would make a exception & take the risk.

Thanks will try that site appreciate it.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,229 of 31,833
[
Yes your right they look identical to the UiiSii US90 thats what i realised when i first opened them, but when i tested them side to side, the UiiSii US90 was better in the highs ever so slightly where as the mids & low end on these stood out with a few songs i tried back to back, just left music playing on them in the morning when i left for work will have a listen again later, i would of opened up a dispute but the box drew me in & i thought i didnt pay much for them so in this case i would make a exception & take the risk.

Thanks will try that site appreciate it.

Was it the UiiSii that you'd ordered?

The Musun earphones are really cheap stuff only £2.25 for the E03

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2,230 of 31,833
Was it the UiiSii that you'd ordered?

The Musun earphones are really cheap stuff only £2.25 for the E03

No it was these: http://m.lightinthebox.com/modocee-r7-stereo-sport-metal-earphone-headset-hifi-headphones-with-microphone-for-xiaomi-iphone-and-android_p5014994.html

I already had the UiiSii from way back, yeah i did try search musun stuff do look like a cheaper brand but maybe have a little more expensive models too. I used a voucher code so i got them fairly cheap & i just realised i paid less then i thought look at the link lol so im pretty satisfied now.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2,231 of 31,833
No it was these: http://m.lightinthebox.com/modocee-r7-stereo-sport-metal-earphone-headset-hifi-headphones-with-microphone-for-xiaomi-iphone-and-android_p5014994.html

I already had the UiiSii from way back, yeah i did try search musun stuff do look like a cheaper brand but maybe have a little more expensive models too. I used a voucher code so i got them fairly cheap & i just realised i paid less then i thought look at the link lol so im pretty satisfied now.

I nearly bought from Light in the box, glad I didn't as I wouldn't have been happy with them switching to another brand.

I've just reviewed the UiiSii HM7s and seem to recall the US90 were very similar. If you think the Musun stuff is OK I might order a pair from Ali to review. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #2,232 of 31,833
I nearly bought from Light in the box, glad I didn't as I wouldn't have been happy with them switching to another brand.

I've just reviewed the UiiSii HM7s and seem to recall the US90 were very similar. If you think the Musun stuff is OK I might order a pair from Ali to review. 

I been ordering from them for years as i find some cheap unknown brands on there, never had a problem with them before, they took 2 & half months to get to me due to the chinese holidays but like i mentioned i already had the modocee r7 from them before for testing they wasnt anything special cable was horrible & cheap & sound was generic & tinny so in this rare case i dont mind as i got something way better.

I don't think all the musun stuff will be good like other brands cheaper ones will be trash I think.

Yeah the Hm7 & US90 use the same driver.

Edit: I found these Musun e06 on Ali these are not available now, my model is MS-E23

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #2,233 of 31,833
i

Theres no markings at all i took time trying to find something even dots that some have like 1 dot on side & 2 the other, they do have a mic but i found out from all the ones i have it could be on any side so that didnt really help me after checking my others.

The box looked like they was going to be good lol so i wasnt complaining with the mixup.

I've got a Gold Paint Pen that I bought to write on some fancy custom Christmas cards a couple of years ago - so I just used it to put a gold mark on the right earphone cable of units that aren't marked with an easily visible "R".  So far, I haven't had a gold cable, so the gold paint has been visible on all the earphone cables that needed it (black, brown, & white). 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,234 of 31,833
Is there any NEUTRAL sounding BLUETOOTH headphones among the list? Price should be LOWER THAN 35 DOLLARS. I would appreciate any kind of suggestion and i must say that i hated the sound of Bluedio T3, too much bass for me.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #2,235 of 31,833

The site done the trick thanks mate i feel better now knowing which side is which.

I've got a Gold Paint Pen that I bought to write on some fancy custom Christmas cards a couple of years ago - so I just used it to put a gold mark on the right earphone cable of units that aren't marked with an easily visible "R".  So far, I haven't had a gold cable, so the gold paint has been visible on all the earphone cables that needed it (black, brown, & white).  :bigsmile_face:

Good tip, I will look in to something like that to put a mark on mine lol, for now i just got to remember mic is on right hand side, i wasnt sure because i have many other chinese earphones that vary just needed a confirmation for a piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back