CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 19, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #21,811 of 31,834
The Aliexpress seller of Hisenior B5+ (I think only Topeco Electronics sells it) says there is a 1 year limited warranty on it (from speaking to them, and on their store page). But I would think sending stuff back to China for warranties would be pretty pricey, it might turn out to be even half the cost of the IEM itself sometimes.
Like @HungryPanda , it's been on my rotation on a weekly basis. Despite me being a basshead, I still go back to its addicting midcentric tuning weekly. After I heard it, it's quite hard to go back to the common V shaped CHIFI sets as the vocals are truly quite lush with it. Been using it for half a year, no QC issues so far, keeping fingers crossed.

One other thing is the Hisenior shop has their own inhouse audio engineers, so they can tune a preferred sound signature (just tell them your request) at no additional charge, though it may take about 2 weeks for them to tune it. They can do customs too if u can pass them your ear impressions. For my Hisenior B5+ I actually got them to increase the bass from the stock tuning and they kindly aceded to my request, but a few days later I changed my mind and they reverted it back to the stock tuning (as I thought it might change the FR as our ears hear the entire frequency spectrum as a whole, and the midcentric tuning might be changed for the worse). Maybe if you want to increase its longevity, they can change the MMCX connectors to 2 pin ones, which are supposedly of longer lifespan.

There's some other well recieved midcentric sets (from banned brands) that we can't discuss here, but those are way pricier than the Hisenior B5+. TRN X6 is supposedly midcentric too, I haven't tried it but a few of my friends didn't like it for general music listening, but they thought the X6 made a good studio/stage monitor.

If you need some more bass try the Hisenior A6. According to Gareth from Hisenior it is an improved B5 with more bass. I can confirm it is still quite midcentric but as i have never heard the B5 i cannot compare them to the A6.

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #21,812 of 31,834
If you need some more bass try the Hisenior A6. According to Gareth from Hisenior it is an improved B5 with more bass. I can confirm it is still quite midcentric but as i have never heard the B5 i cannot compare them to the A6.

Yeah the A6 sounds good (no pun intended). Too bad it came out after I bought the B5+, so I personally don't have the cash to splash on a set with marginal improvements for the bass frequencies (I'll just make do with EQ for now).

Do u happen to have a FR or measurements for the Hisenior A6?

This is the FR for the B5+ from Hisenior:
Capture.PNG

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #21,813 of 31,834
Yeah the A6 sounds good (no pun intended). Too bad it came out after I bought the B5+, so I personally don't have the cash to splash on a set with marginal improvements for the bass frequencies (I'll just make do with EQ for now).

the B5+ bass is mighty fine even un-EQd. compared to my Etys and some other IEMs that i considered "reference" , they're bassier or at least the same level. unless of course compared to the other "more fun signature" earphones.

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #21,814 of 31,834
the B5+ bass is mighty fine even un-EQd. compared to my Etys and some other IEMs that i considered "reference" , they're bassier or at least the same level. unless of course compared to the other "more fun signature" earphones.

Haha sorry I'm an unashamed basshead. Moooooooooooooooore bass any day for me. Luckily it takes well to EQ, so no biggie just adding some bass in.

But on a serious note, I do travel a lot and since the bass frequencies are the first to be lost in a noisy environment, I prefer IEMs with a bass north of neutral to counteract the loss of bass frequencies when traveling. But I do think for those that prefer a neutralish or reference bass, the Hisenior B5+'s bass is good.

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #21,815 of 31,834
Haha sorry I'm an unashamed basshead. Moooooooooooooooore bass any day for me. Luckily it takes well to EQ, so no biggie just adding some bass in.

But on a serious note, I do travel a lot and since the bass frequencies are the first to be lost in a noisy environment, I prefer IEMs with a bass north of neutral to counteract the loss of bass frequencies when traveling. But I do think for those that prefer a neutralish or reference bass, the Hisenior B5+'s bass is good.

I'm more of a "mid and treble guy but do crave deep sub-bass" type of guy...now that's a long description :joy:

I feel the same, and with my type of preference and travelling, i often caught in a conundrum: i need somewhat mid-bassy earphones to combat the low rumbles of outside noise, but on the other hand buying such earphones would only relegate them to outside duties, as i most likely won't be enjoying using them indoors.

Lately I've been using ANC enabled earphones and headphones for that scenario. The good thing is i can still use them in a quiet environment and still enjoy them

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #21,816 of 31,834
Starting from a... I having nothing more than a set of akg iems that came with a Galaxy s8... What could you guys recommend for iems as a starting point for a complete noob?... I'll be using them with a FiiO m11 pro. Don't want to go crazy just yet... I do plan on attending Canjam nyc

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #21,818 of 31,834
Starting from a... I having nothing more than a set of akg iems that came with a Galaxy s8... What could you guys recommend for iems as a starting point for a complete noob?... I'll be using them with a FiiO m11 pro. Don't want to go crazy just yet... I do plan on attending Canjam nyc

Would be good if you could answer these questions so the community can finetune a suitable recommendation for you:
1) Budget?
2) Preferred music genre(s)?
3) Preferred sound signature - V shaped, harman, neutralish, treblehead, basshead, midcentric etc?

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #21,819 of 31,834
Welcome to the party
why did I start to read this 2 Iems in and I can already feel divorce no3 on the way and we are not married yet
LOL... You had me up in my house at 3am dying with this comment. You guys have thoroughly entertained me this morning .

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #21,820 of 31,834
You've singlehandedly revived my inclination towards ordering these. Dammit :)
Man, one good review from someone ya trust parts the money from thee wallet. I love this hobby

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #21,821 of 31,834
I dont get why so many throw spinfits on iems. They work well for bass shy ones and, in general, are rarely used in my collection (on vivo x800 theyre great).

For c12 and blon 03 i found the spinfits (signle and double flange) to increase midbass bleed and decreased seperation and soundstage quite noticeably. For the blon it was a pity as the double flange gave a great fit.

I recommend large bore tips for many of my iems, especiamly those that need clarity and seperation/soudstage.
My 2 cents...
These are facts. Did this to my Blons and TFZ no. 3s and it threw the soundstage and tone off. Plus for some reason they come detached from my iems and into my ear when I remove them. Nah, hard pass. Went back to foams.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #21,823 of 31,834

Unfortunately i don’t have a FR graph. I have tried to ask Gareth when i was in the buying process but he did not have it on his mobile where we exchanged messages so i had to trust his opinion.

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #21,824 of 31,834
I think I can give you some advice and recommendations just based on research. I come from the exact same position as you, if you want you can search a couple of pages back and see the page on which I started, I think it was the 1416. page.
I can say that the AKG earphones which come with the S8 are horrible in terms of quality, they weren't anything spectacular in terms of sound, but not bad. Comfort was weird, sometimes they would get annoying and uncomfortable. The quality... the rubber basically turned into modelling clay, and not even a year has passed. Like, seriously, the earphones just fell apart even though I take very good care of them.. so going with any of the picks should be an upgrade. You can ask the community for further advice, I gave you an overall look on the choices which are most liked.

So here are the recommendation which are the best and overall you can't go wrong with either of these (aka these are the safe picks):
TRN V90
CCA C12 or C16
KZ ZSX (called "Terminator")

If you want cheaper ones:
KZ EDR1
KZ ED9
and recently i was recommended the Ren Teng ix10

Other recommendations which I did not include due to some controversy (this doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that not everybody agrees on them and there are lots of different opinions about them):
BLON BL03

Dec 19, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #21,825 of 31,834
Man, one good review from someone ya trust parts the money from thee wallet. I love this hobby

Well, I haven't actually ordered them yet. The next sale though... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back