CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #21,242 of 31,833
Thanks! I heard that the CA4's would better suit me than the C10's, and that the KBEAR KB06 has the bass of the KZ ZS7, the dynamics of the ZS10 and the overall balanced presentation of the CCA C10. However I was recommended the KB06 over CA4's.
I have not heard KB06 (never had motivation).
If C12 is in your budget, it may be the best option, it is not "laid back". C12 is described by most as tuned slightly more aggresively compared to ZSX, with which they share identical components. I do not have ZSX, but C12 is definitely one of my most enjoyable IEMs together with C16.

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #21,243 of 31,833
If C12 is in your budget, it may be the best option, it is not "laid back". C12 is described by most as tuned slightly more aggresively compared to ZSX, with which they share identical components. I do not have ZSX, but C12 is definitely one of my most enjoyable IEMs together with C16.
The C12's are definitely attractive, I might have mistaken the C16's to C12's, it's very possible that I read somewhere that the C16 doesn't dig into the sub-bass as well as the ZSX, however that it has more detail and clarity than the ZSX.

So at the moment I have the KB06, BQEYZ KB1's and C12's have been said to have more of the low end compared to the KB06. Tbh I don't expect anyone to be motivated to try them, they aren't hyped or that talked about. But I'll try to get some more info on the KB1's, those look mad.

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #21,244 of 31,833

I've not got ZSX but I do have C12, V90, BL03, Semkarch, ****, VE BIE...

C12 is sparkly and enjoyable. It does seem slightly V shaped but not too much. Sub bass doesn't go that deep.
V90 is just a bit "polite" for my liking. Bothe the V90 and C12 are good all-rounders.
The BL03 sounds better with real instruments than electronic. However it really likes to be on the end of a bit of amplification. Sub bass is deeper than any others except the BIE but it doesn't dominate the sound. It isn't detailed but is incredibly musical.
The Semkarch is similar. It has more bass but not deeper bass. I've a personal dislike of it because I struggled to get a good fit but now I'm there it's on a par with any of my other IEMs.
The **** has horrid shrieky timbre but is otherwise pretty good.
The BIE just has too much bass for my liking. It's like being punched in the head. A lot of people like this.

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #21,245 of 31,833
KZ ES4 is basshead and great for rap. Its like $11
Blon BL03 is dope and handles all those genres. $25
BQEYZ KB1 is $22 and can do everything you need. Its also very comfortable and built like a tank.

The KB1's caught my interest definitely. They look very nice, however I am going to need more opinions and some research to know how their sound stage, sub-bass etc etc. is. One thing that immediately caught eye is that the two pins are not recessed but also their plastic housing isn't angled like on the KB06 (the pins are recessed, however if you look at the clear housing, you will notice that it is "L" shaped which would prevent the stress on the cables, especially because the cable is being worn behind the ear, thus having the cable straight up and being bent behind the ear leaves it vulnerable to breakage).

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #21,246 of 31,833
Yes agreed more drivers is not always better. Tuning is more important. And generally vented IEMs tend to have poorer isolation.

Maybe u can ask folks like @Nimweth and @NymPHONOmaniac about the KB06 vs stuff like CCA C12/**** since they have reviewed these and other sub 50 buck IEMs extensively.

@Nimweth is the main person who helped me on another forum. He is the person who recommended me the KB06's and his review of the KZ ZSX is the one which my posts here I based on, most of his posts helped me narrow my search. I am looking forward to hear how the KB06's compare to the BQEYZ KB1.

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #21,247 of 31,833
I've not got ZSX but I do have C12, V90, BL03, Semkarch, ****, VE BIE...

C12 is sparkly and enjoyable. It does seem slightly V shaped but not too much. Sub bass doesn't go that deep.
V90 is just a bit "polite" for my liking. Bothe the V90 and C12 are good all-rounders.
The BL03 sounds better with real instruments than electronic. However it really likes to be on the end of a bit of amplification. Sub bass is deeper than any others except the BIE but it doesn't dominate the sound. It isn't detailed but is incredibly musical.
The Semkarch is similar. It has more bass but not deeper bass. I've a personal dislike of it because I struggled to get a good fit but now I'm there it's on a par with any of my other IEMs.
The **** has horrid shrieky timbre but is otherwise pretty good.
The BIE just has too much bass for my liking. It's like being punched in the head. A lot of people like this.
From what I have noticed most of the music I listen to features more digital and electronic instruments rather than real ones. I just have a negative opinion about the BL03's and am currently leaning more towards the KB06 and the KB1's. I am wondering how the 1DD+2BA's from KBEAR KB06 compare to the 2DD+1BA from BQEYZ KB1.

Nov 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #21,248 of 31,833
@Nimweth is the main person who helped me on another forum. He is the person who recommended me the KB06's and his review of the KZ ZSX is the one which my posts here I based on, most of his posts helped me narrow my search. I am looking forward to hear how the KB06's compare to the BQEYZ KB1.
Thank you! I'm pleased that I was able to help. I have not tried the KB1, however!

Nov 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #21,249 of 31,833
From what I have noticed most of the music I listen to features more digital and electronic instruments rather than real ones. I just have a negative opinion about the BL03's and am currently leaning more towards the KB06 and the KB1's. I am wondering how the 1DD+2BA's from KBEAR KB06 compare to the 2DD+1BA from BQEYZ KB1.

Try the Hibiscus, between the Blon-03 and my Hibiscus, the Hibiscus is better for electronic music.

It is also 110 sensitivity, so no reason to drive it and can stick to 3.5mm. Which it comes with a great cable. Heck this is probably one of the best cables that I own other than my Linum bax cable.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #21,250 of 31,833
Try the Hibiscus, between the Blon-03 and my Hibiscus, the Hibiscus is better for electronic music.

It is also 110 sensitivity, so no reason to drive it and can stick to 3.5mm. Which it comes with a great cable.

Can you compare the BLON BL-03 vs. FAAEL Hibiscus in more detail? Which ear tips are you using on each, and what are you driving them with? I found one YouTube video that compared them briefly and said Hibiscus had rolled off high end in comparison to BL-03, but I haven't found anything in any detail comparing the two.

Nov 29, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #21,251 of 31,833
Nah, the Hibiscus has a hot treble in comparison o the Blon-03.

Both have a similar tuning for the bass to mids transition. But Hibiscus has better control, while the Blon-03 has a longer decay. Blon-03 has a specialization for brass instruments and acoustic stuff.

Voices is similar in both. Neither have made an issue out of bleed. Male voices are good.

Voices to treble. Hibiscus is close to being shouty but not too much; so not painful. Treble is definitely a hot treble not letting itself be ignored.

The Hibiscus definitely does not roll off because it even has a better simulated soundstage due to the treble.

The Hibiscus comes with good tips and I am using the medium one supplied. Fit on these are perfect and no sharp edges skin contact on the iem

With Blon-03 I probably should find a silicone tip for this comparison, because I can only get a solid fit with comply Foams (tx isolation series). Blon-03 sits amazingly flush with the ear you could sleep on your side with them if you had appropriate silicone tips.

Both are off my Hiby R6 Pro 3.5mm output for the Hibiscus, and 4.4 output for my Blon-03.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #21,253 of 31,833
The Hibiscus do look great, however, again they are out of my budget. So as for now it's still a decision between the KBEAR KB06's and the BQEYZ KB1's.

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #21,254 of 31,833
Been trying out the new **** Pro. It has good tuning except for the 8khz region which is a little too hot. It makes vocals sound "nasal", if that makes sense. A -3db EQ there actually makes them very capable earphones in my opinion. I think I'll end up preferring the Blon-03 still, but more listening is required.

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #21,255 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back