Chicago Summer MeEt....You boys and girls Down?
May 24, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #61 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by randyruiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Gang,
I would be more than happy to host this thing again. This year however Billy has to bring speaker wire for everyone
wink.gif
. I will check to see if that date is availible.

Thanks Randy for stepping up. I would love to have it at my place but I think because of the situation preventing some really nice people from coming, I feel hosting a meet at your place would be more inclusive. June 23rd is the date, hopefully it is available!

Anyone in the area, if you would like to carpool and save on parking costs, you guys are more than welcome to come by my place and we can leave from there. When we come back, we can have a minimeet afterwards, an "afterparty" of sorts

May 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #62 of 130
Cool, I will be driving in from Palos Park if anyone wants to share the ride. The only thing is that I most likely will not stay very long but at least a few hours.

May 24, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #63 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Randy for stepping up. I would love to have it at my place but I think because of the situation preventing some really nice people from coming, I feel hosting a meet at your place would be more inclusive. June 23rd is the date, hopefully it is available!

Anyone in the area, if you would like to carpool and save on parking costs, you guys are more than welcome to come by my place and we can leave from there. When we come back, we can have a minimeet afterwards, an "afterparty" of sorts

dude I know this Chic that works at Bella Lounge like two or three blocks away from Randy..I say I host a after the meet party there..you guys up?

and Ryan drive to my house we ride together, but I admit I suck at downtown driving.

May 26, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #64 of 130
I'm interested in coming up from Champaign, but I'd be more tempted if some vendors like Ray etc. were scheduled to have some gear. I've never been to any kind of audio meet before, so that would be awesome!

May 27, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #65 of 130
I work saturdays, but I'd love to peek my head in late if anybody's bringing my prospects:

1. Sony MDR-R10
2. Ultrasone Edition 9
3. Audio-Technica W-5000
4. Audio Technica AD-2000
5. Stax Omega II
6. Grado GS-1000

I can bring some common headphones if needed:
AKG K-701
Sony MDR-7506
Audio Technica ATH-Pro5MS

...but no amp. I currently have no dedicated standalone "amp only" type of amp. My amps are all jacks on sequencers, keyboards, rack modules, and recording interfaces...
...not exactly mobile.
icon10.gif

Could bring the record cleaning solution, brushes, and Gruv-Glide if needed.
Hi-end Concorde Gold Ortofon Cartridges if anyone wants to slap one on their Turntable.

Also a very interesting source if anyone wants to play around with DVD's or CD's:
Pioneer DVJ-1000
icon10.gif

Peace

May 29, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #67 of 130
Yea, we should definitely get this all figured out. I'm willing to chip in for rental costs, I just need to know it's absolutely necessary. Who's PayPal should we send payment to?

May 29, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #69 of 130
Hey guys,

Thanks for posting. The rental costs only applied to when I was going to host the meet at my apartment complex's clubhouse, which charged a fee of $125 to host. Randy just posted that he could host it at his place in downtown chicago. We agreed that his would be a better option because he could host it earlier so more people could come (mine would have to be later than 4:30 PM), and you can't beat those surroundings high up on the John Han****. randy needs to post here to confirm that June 23rd is okay and available.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #70 of 130
update...

As my first post mentioned I wanted to throw a meet in the downstairs of the bar/lounge and usually i am pretty good at setting the post where i know it can happen..but then business needs came up like Licquir room remodel and a slew of big lighting for the business (which means the basement will be needed to clean,program,and stuff like this of the lighting before it goes up on the dance floor upstairs..).

So i talked to Ryan and we agreed that he would play the host and see how much joy is in holding/hosting a meet..
biggrin.gif

The good news the meet is in good hands, but the bad news is my deadline is next friday to have the dance lights cleaned,hung,wired,powered,and programmed....out of 16 lights I only have 2 cleaned...eekk!!!!

guess I am going to the bar rite now...

naa I will just pull 12 hour days next week, after all why do something today when you can put it off to tomorrow...(joking)
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #72 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In scanning the thread, I can't tell for sure the date and time has been finalized for the new location.

It hasn't, I've been checking in on the thread every day. Randy agreed to have it at his place, but he still has not confirmed that june 23rd is available.

If not, I will be able to provide the back up plan. We can definitely just have it at my apartment. Space is kind of limited, but we can use my place from as early to as late as possible. There is also plenty of areas around schaumburg to eat and have a drink or so as a break.

I still vote for the JH building at Randy's though - nothing like listening to audio from a beautiful view
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #73 of 130
I am definitely good to go on the 23rd, hope it happens!

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #74 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am definitely good to go on the 23rd, hope it happens!

It will definitely happen, the only question is where
biggrin.gif
Like I said my apartment will be available for our use for as long as we want as a backup plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back