Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota Head-Fi Gathering Dates *with* HeadRoom!
Oct 25, 2001 at 6:41 PM Post #31 of 87
Hi,

How far is the Detriot meeting place from Windsor? I know it's a 4 hour drive to Windsor from Toronto and about another 1 hour to Detriot City Center.
It would be nice to meet some HeadFi-ers.

Cheers
K

Oct 25, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #32 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
Hi,

How far is the Detriot meeting place from Windsor? I know it's a 4 hour drive to Windsor from Toronto and about another 1 hour to Detriot City Center.
It would be nice to meet some HeadFi-ers.

Cheers
K

jaskin,

The meeting place will likely be about 35 driving minutes from Windsor.

I hope you can make it!

Oct 26, 2001 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 87
Jude: You've probably already been talking to Tyll about how much room he needs, but just in case, having experienced this already I'll tell you - No, you definitely do NOT want to try to do this in your living room. For one thing, those cases are heavy which is why he has them mounted on casters so they can roll right out of his trailer and into your ???? living room; no, I don't think so. In addition to which after everything's unpacked you're going to have cables, packing material, pieces of packing cases, headphones and people everywhere. We used about 12'x 20' of my garage and it was not exactly crowded, but it was full (and we were able to go outside - if you're having cold weather you might not be so lucky). However, I would urge you to bend heaven and earth to do this as you will not have had so much fun since your college roommate stuffed those 3 monkeys down your pants. One more thing - as Neruda said in connection with the NW meet "there's just not enough time" or something like that so get people there as early as you can.

Oct 26, 2001 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Yikes! there aren't enough people, or so it seems to me, for BOTH detroit and chicago to have meets..........hmmm......

Oh, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to round up enough people for Detroit. I'll keep working on it. You Chicagoans, puh-leeze rally the troops. I'll do some profile searches to see if we can find more potential members in these cities.

Minneapolis folks? Anyone here from there?

Oct 27, 2001 at 12:01 PM Post #38 of 87
I plan on making the road trip to Chicago. However, given one never knows what the weather will be in December and being 2 to 3 hours away, I guess you can't count me as an absolute.

Oct 27, 2001 at 6:28 PM Post #39 of 87
deepriver - No, you definitely do NOT want to try to do this in your living room

Actually, deepriver, you'l be saddened to know that we've added 2" of depth behind the amps by spacing out the lid. So now we can leave the cables on in shipment. We also made neoprene bags for all the headphones so they can be simply slipped into a headphone bag. NO MORE BUBBLEWRAP! We also put in different nuts on the case bolts so they work better. I think it will take about and hour for three people for set-up or tear down. My uess is that it was somewher around 15 manhours total at you place. Budgies beer makes it a bit hard to estimate correctly.

But I do agree that a livingroom could be a bit sketchy, the cases are still big and heavy. When we hit the road next spring, we're going to use hotel conference rooms. We're still kida doing dry runs at the moment cause I know you guys aren't going to give me a hard time if it's a bit less than smooth getting the thing set up. Hell, you guys aren't even going to notice---you'll be drooling too much.

Mua Ha Ha Ha!

BTW, Neruda, I think I've lost all the photos. I've got the video tape though. Maybe I should use that DV system and put together a little video clip. I'll bring the video camera to the gig.

Cheers,

Tyll

Oct 27, 2001 at 6:46 PM Post #40 of 87
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

oh well. life goes on
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2001 at 8:06 PM Post #41 of 87
I think Buddy Guy is a local Chicagoan (a word ?) and is not to be missed.This is one performer who is WAY better live than on any recording ,the man plays a stunning guitar and his energy level is electric.Very much into the audience , and I mean literally into the audience.

Oct 31, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #42 of 87
If anyone from the Toronto area needs a ride to Detroit they can come with me.

My attendance will depend on weather however. If we wind up with a freak snowstorm or something, I doubt I'll be making the 4 hour drive.

Nov 2, 2001 at 8:57 PM Post #44 of 87
(can still make it......as far as I know)..............

Nov 3, 2001 at 6:15 AM Post #45 of 87
Counting the days....he-he-he

Users who are viewing this thread

Back