Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota Head-Fi Gathering Dates *with* HeadRoom!
Nov 26, 2001 at 4:58 PM Post #65 of 87
9 a.m.?!?!? on a saturday?!?!?

sheesh.

and i thought this was a hobby!

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:06 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by yage
9 a.m.?!?!? on a saturday?!?!?

sheesh.

and i thought this was a hobby!

LOL! You don't have to show up that early, yage! You can show up anytime you want. But I wouldn't be surprised if several showed up at opening, to get the most listening time in possible.

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:16 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by scottpaul_iu
Hi Jude,

Thanks for putting this together. I am really looking forward to Sunday.

What are people planning to bring to the meeting?

I am planning on bringing some CDRs and my Etymotics.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone brings their own music. I would guess that some will bring their own headphones and other gear. But HeadRoom will have their whole line with them, so the place will be stuffed with gear. I'll probably just bring a bunch of CD's and my portable rig, including my new Etys and my Sony MDR-V6's.

Looking forward to meeting you there, man! It probably won't be as busy as the Chicago event, but we should have a good turnout, and it'll certainly be fun. If you can, be there in time for lunch so we can all go out to lunch at Max & Erma's. You bringing any guests? I'm trying to get a more solid headcount.

-- Jude --

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:22 PM Post #69 of 87
Hi Jude,

I am not bringing anyone with me. I am kinda new to the Detroit area. I have been here for about 20 months. Finding anyone interested in good sounding audio equipment is hard, hell for that matter people who like music are hard to find.

I look forward to meeting you, and I will definitely be there for lunch.

Is Headroom going to bring their Wheatfield equipment? Will there be CD players there for us to use?

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:26 PM Post #70 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by scottpaul_iu
Hi Jude,

I am not bringing anyone with me. I am kinda new to the Detroit area. I have been here for about 20 months. Finding anyone interested in good sounding audio equipment is hard, hell for that matter people who like music are hard to find.

I look forward to meeting you, and I will definitely be there for lunch.

Is Headroom going to bring their Wheatfield equipment? Will there be CD players there for us to use?

Well, I'm looking forward to meeting you too. Like you, I live here, so maybe we can even meet/chat on a more regular basis.

Yes, HeadRoom is bringing the Wheatfield equipment and source equipment (very good source equipment too). Like you, I'm looking forward to finally hearing Wheatfield amps -- the HA-2 in particular.

If you go to HeadRoom site (http://www.headphone.com), browse through the equipment they sell -- if you see it there, it will likely be at the meet. I mean, they're bringing a truckload of stuff. It'll be like headphone hi-fi heaven in there.

Nov 27, 2001 at 3:57 AM Post #72 of 87
The directions look just fine.

From I-290 exit East onto Higgins Road. Go through the forest preserve and then continue East about another mile past Arlington Hts. Road. Look for Lou Malnati's Pizza sign on left side (north) and turn in just before.

From I-90 exit South onto Arlington Hts. Road and turn left (East) on Higgins Road continue East about one mile. Look for Lou Malnati's Pizza sign and turn in just before.

See you there.

Nov 27, 2001 at 3:11 PM Post #73 of 87
The Etymotic classroom is in the strip mall just west of Lou Malnatis.

Traveling from the east on higgins (72), Lou malnatis is one block west of the light at Lively. Traveling from the west, the CIB bank is just west of the strip mall about 3 blocks from the light @ Dunkin Donuts. The south side of the road is a farm field, where they talked about putting the new Bears stadium last year. The aerial view on mapquest helps sometimes. It looks like it was taken during this years road construction season.

Don Wilson
Etymotic Research

Nov 27, 2001 at 3:27 PM Post #74 of 87
I live 150 mi south of the cities - is there going to be a Minnesota stop?

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back