Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota Head-Fi Gathering Dates *with* HeadRoom!
Oct 23, 2001 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87
Okay, friends, I just talked to HeadRoom earlier today and the dates for these events are final -- okay, well sort of. Let me explain:

For Chicago and Detroit, the available dates are 12/01/2001 and 12/02/2002 (Saturday and Sunday).

If Chicago is on Saturday (and so Detroit on Sunday), then the Minnesota meet will have to be on Thursday 11/29/2001.

If Chicago is on Sunday (and so Detroit on Saturday), then the Minnesota meet will have to be on Tuesday 12/04/2001.

Okay, I hope that's not too confusing -- read it a few times and you'll figure it out.

In the interest of saving time -- and unless there are any big problems with deciding now -- I propose that Minnesota's get-together be held on Thursday, 11/29/2001; Chicago on Saturday 12/01/2001; Detroit on Sunday 12/02/2001.

For each of these get-togethers to happen, there must be a minimum of eight confirmed attendees. This is reasonable considering HeadRoom is driving from Montana.

Can someone kindly volunteer to be the point person for Chicago? And we need one for Minnesota too. I'll be the Detroit point person.

Chicago's get-together will be held at the Etymotic facility (you lucky dogs), which I believe is in Elk Grove Village, Ill.

Detroit's get-together will be held at a location to be determined, but will likely be located in somewhere in the suburbs of Metro Detroit. Livonia or Northville, MI.

Minnesota's get-together will be held at a location to be determined.

Let's not pass up this opportunity, folks.

In my following posts, I will create lists for each city based on previous threads. If you see your name on the list as "split," please choose sides (if you can attend on these dates).

Oct 23, 2001 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 87
For those of you not familiar with how this works, HeadRoom is bringing much of the best of headphone hi-fi with them to each of these locations. Long story short, visit their site at http://www.headphone.com, and check out the equipment they sell. That's pretty much what they're bringing with them (I have to verify whether or not the Sennheiser Orpheus would accompany them).

Additionally, you may also bring your own equipment if you've got stuff not normally carried by HeadRoom that you think others would like to hear.

Oct 23, 2001 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 87
How about we scratch Minesota off the list and we get them to come to Sydney Austalia instead?!

Just a thought...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 23, 2001 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 87
I registered today just for this.I think my boss and his son would be very interested as well.Do you think they will bring the setup they had at the New york HIFI show?I read the stories about the construction of that setup and I would love to see and hear it.Do these guys know what the weather is like at that time of the year in the midwest?

Oct 23, 2001 at 2:22 PM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Chicago's get-together will be held at the Etymotic facility (you lucky dogs), which I believe is in Elk Grove Village, Ill.

Yuk, I thought it was going to be at someones house so we could eat and drink.
biggrin.gif

Oh oh, Etymotic won't like me because I think I'm the only person that doesn't care for their stuff.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about it.

Oct 23, 2001 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow

Yuk, I thought it was going to be at someones house so we could eat and drink.
biggrin.gif

Oh oh, Etymotic won't like me because I think I'm the only person that doesn't care for their stuff.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about it. [/B]

acid,

I think having it at the Etymotic facility would be fun! Now I don't know the exact plans regarding food and drink, but I don't see why that'd be at all compromised. Let me try the peer pressure angle.... Go, acid, everyone's doin' it!
wink.gif

I have to get exact measurements of the set up display cases. If I can, I'd like to have the Detroit event at my house, but I'm afraid my rather small (1500 square feet) house's living room might be too tight a fit, and it'll almost certainly be too cold to hold it in the garage, so I'll look into alternatives around here starting today.

Oct 23, 2001 at 4:44 PM Post #14 of 87
Hmm, would it be a bad idea to push it one week ahead? Say, the Chicago meet would be on the 24th of November? Maybe that's too close with Thanksgiving. Anyway, I'll be home that week for thanksgiving anyway, so it'd be convenient. Plus, it'd be sort of weird to come home for two weekends in a row, especially when 12/01/01 is one week before finals!
eek.gif

Either way, though, I think I'll try to make it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2001 at 7:09 PM Post #15 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by jim
Hmm, would it be a bad idea to push it one week ahead?

jim, I think these dates are pretty firm. I really hope you can make it to the Chicago event anyway. If you can confirm for sure as your schedule firms up, that'd be swell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back