Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota Head-Fi Gathering Dates *with* HeadRoom!
Oct 23, 2001 at 7:47 PM Post #16 of 87
man, that's a lot of people...you guys are going to wail on our puny little northwest headroom meet!

Hmm...looks like coolvij is finally going to get to listen to all the headphones he's been dreaming about!
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2001 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 87
I love all of you people........

Oct 23, 2001 at 8:10 PM Post #18 of 87
I *have* to hope that the Minnesota peeps don't get that Thursday date....I mean, headphone love is one thing. But a headphone meet on Thanksgiving!

I dunno.......
rolleyes.gif

I'd be point person.....just.......a little young.....someone else? come on guys.......

Just checked my calendar.

It appears as if my "dad visitation" schedule works out JUST right - I'm with him that weekend.

I think he'll drive me.......GOTTA HOPE!! SUCK UP, VIJ!!!!!!!!

Let's see what happens.....but for now....I'm a tentative "go"

biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2001 at 8:30 PM Post #19 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
I *have* to hope that the Minnesota peeps don't get that Thursday date....I mean, headphone love is one thing. But a headphone meet on Thanksgiving!

vij,

This coming November is a five-Thursday month. Thanksgiving will be on the 22nd, one week prior to the get-together.

Oct 23, 2001 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 87
five thursdays? good lord.......

Oct 23, 2001 at 11:08 PM Post #21 of 87
Do you know what the timing would be? I am about 2 and 1/2 hours south of Chicago and it would be helpful to know the estimated start time.

Just got my Blou Clou today from Todd and plug them in. Haven't really had a chance to listen but I noticed the volume seemed much greater than with the OEM cable.

Thanks

Oct 24, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #23 of 87
guys, I would reccomend that you all get to the meeting place early. It takes a long time to set everything up, as you can no doubt imagine.

Oct 24, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #25 of 87
Yikes! there aren't enough people, or so it seems to me, for BOTH detroit and chicago to have meets..........hmmm......

Oct 24, 2001 at 2:14 AM Post #26 of 87
Jude,

Great news, thanks for helping out with the meets I'm definitely in for the Chicago meet, though I can not be point person.

Will Headroom bring stuff they can sell? I'm really interested in the AKG 401 or 501, maybe the Orpheus!

regards - reynman

Oct 24, 2001 at 2:16 AM Post #27 of 87
you could probably make them a deal on something at the meet, but you could also just order from the site...

Oct 25, 2001 at 7:30 AM Post #28 of 87
If any of you guys are Jazz fans there will be some big names performing the weekend of the gathering.Patricia Barber,Kurt Elling,Buddy Guy(I know he's a blues man) and Dave Holland and his Quintet.Of course they will all be performing at different venues but this is one of the best weekends of great musical talents I have seen in a long while.I will personally be going to see Dave Holland at the Green Mill.Just FYI.

Oct 25, 2001 at 7:37 AM Post #29 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
If any of you guys are Jazz fans there will be some big names performing the weekend of the gathering.Patricia Barber,Kurt Elling,Buddy Guy(I know he's a blues man) and Dave Holland and his Quintet.Of course they will all be performing at different venues but this is one of the best weekends of great musical talents I have seen in a long while.I will personally be going to see Dave Holland at the Green Mill.Just FYI.

You lucky, lucky Chicagoans. And don't forget to introduce yourself to Michael Arnopol (Patricia Barber's phenomenal bassist) if you get a chance. He's Head-Fi'er "mikejazz"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back