Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #106 of 163
  If you're bringing a desktop amp it might be a good idea to provide a source as well since many people wont have an available one to plug into it but there are no fixed requirements.

Many people bring a full set up (source, DAC, amp, headphones) for others to listen to.  Others bring their own source to plug into other people's systems (ask first) so they can hear music they are familiar with.  Others bring just headphones, or you don't have to bring anything at all.

A source meaning something such as a laptop? Something with a dac, basically?

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #107 of 163

So, is it cool if people just bring headphones and amplifiers?

a source would be wise as well.  those are the more complicated pieces of a setup anyway.  depends on what you want to do.  hear your headphones on other peoples gear, or hear your gear with others headphones.  Or you can just come listen to other setups.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #109 of 163

A source meaning something such as a laptop? Something with a dac, basically?

yeah.  cd player, computer, DAP, turntable, even a tape deck (ive seen this).

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #113 of 163
I initially thought I'd be going solo, but I someone else would like to join me.  Just wanted to notify this in the thread in order to keep the count more accurate.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #114 of 163
I really want to come, but have to play it by ear, as I had to get up early for a two-day all-staff conference for work AND had a friend in town for Truckfighters (Swedish fuzz rock) show at Reggie's on Tue that went late and have been sleep deprived while fighting off a cold that everyone around me has. I thought for sure I succumbed yesterday, but I feel better today. I don't want to go if I get sick and spread germs on everyone's gear. But if I am cold-free Saturday, I'll consider it. I'm supposed to be on the list to review the new ZMFs, though I haven't heard back from Zach in a while. It would be a nice chance to meet him and his toys in addition to everyone else.

I don't have a decent portable source, as all my music is on 5TB drives via desktop machines at home and work (I use a crappy ClipZip for commuting). However, I could bring a couple zip drives of some FLAC albums of recent highlights that I've featured on my site (Fast 'n' Bulbous), if anybody has an extra source. I also have:

1. ifi Pro iCAN amp
  2. Meier Audio Classic + Daccord stack - I will eventually be selling this setup, once I get a new DAC.
  3. beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
  4. Fostex TH-9XX

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #116 of 163
First time I've been at a meet in Chicago.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

I'll bring:
Full Cayin setup,
i5 DAP
HA-1AMK2 tube amp
IDAC-6  DAC with both tube and solid state sections
iHA-6  Amp
C5 portable amp
C5DAC portable DAC amp

Headphones
Mr. Speakers Ether C
Meze 99

IEM
Future Sonics G10
Radius HP-NHR11
Radius HP-TWF41

Is anyone interested in Lightning connected IEM for Apple connections?  I have some of them I could bring also.

I also have a mojo and a Liquid carbon if someone wants to listen to them.

Ciao

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #117 of 163
I really want to come, but have to play it by ear, as I had to get up early for a two-day all-staff conference for work AND had a friend in town for Truckfighters (Swedish fuzz rock) show at Reggie's on Tue that went late and have been sleep deprived while fighting off a cold that everyone around me has. I thought for sure I succumbed yesterday, but I feel better today. I don't want to go if I get sick and spread germs on everyone's gear. But if I am cold-free Saturday, I'll consider it. I'm supposed to be on the list to review the new ZMFs, though I haven't heard back from Zach in a while. It would be a nice chance to meet him and his toys in addition to everyone else.

I don't have a decent portable source, as all my music is on 5TB drives via desktop machines at home and work (I use a crappy ClipZip for commuting). However, I could bring a couple zip drives of some FLAC albums of recent highlights that I've featured on my site (Fast 'n' Bulbous), if anybody has an extra source. I also have:

• ifi Pro iCAN amp
  • Meier Audio Classic + Daccord stack - I will eventually be selling this setup, once I get a new DAC.
  • beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
  • Fostex TH-9XX

I should have an extra source to spare. Hope you're feeling better!

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #118 of 163
Well this meet I made an effort to not say I was coming because every time I do that I get called into work.

Didn't seem to make a difference! Haven't worked a Saturday in 2 months... but they need me this weekend! Doh!

Have a great time everyone!

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #119 of 163
I will be there.  I plan to bring the following items, barring any problems:

MicroZOTL 2 headphone amplifier.
Arcam irDAC
Parasound ZCD player
Parasound small equalizer

HiFiMAN HE-1000 original version
Denon AHD-7000 with Lawton Modifications (for sale if the price is good enough)

Some CDs.

Power cords and possibly a power strip.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #120 of 163
I keep forgetting to chime in, but I'm coming as well.

I'll have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2,  SRM-T1S, modded SR lambda, SR 207, O2, HD650 at my table and an xDuoo X3 and Leckerton on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back