Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #91 of 163
I remember now that and Crystal Pepsi.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #92 of 163
Just saw this today but count me in also. Can't wait to hear the Liquid Tungsten again ( worth the drive for that alone) that is one fantastic amp for those who haven't heard it you are in for treat the Spark is also pretty sweet.
I'll be bringing
Schiit Yggdrasil
Amps and Sound Kenzie
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Ether C
AKG K872
QP1R
Maybe Koss ESP 950 with Stax SRM-1 MK II
I have a loner pair of Meze 99 Classics if anyone is interested I can bring them also.
Can't wait maybe this time power won't go out and I'll get to hear Zach's stuff this time ; )

I'd like to hear that Meze 99.  I know there is a guy coming who is looking for some closed cans, so he would likely appreciate hearing it as well. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #94 of 163
I'd like to hear that Meze 99.  I know there is a guy coming who is looking for some closed cans, so he would likely appreciate hearing it as well. 
They will be there then.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #96 of 163
Can't remember from last time but just introduce yourself and you'll be fine. We are all there to listen to good music on awesome gear. Enjoy. This is your first meet right? You will be amongst friends. You can't find a better community than Head-Fi. I've been to several meets and CanJam SoCal and all is good. Bring your love of music and the rest is gravy.

Yes, first meet. I'm glad to hear all of this. ^_^

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #98 of 163
I'd love to come. I just joined the forum with one thread started (kinda running monologue there, but that's fine :wink:). Looking forward to the meet.

Don't join the Ones Who Die Early, join me instead and drink water.

I have to save the initiates, lest everyone get diabetes.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #99 of 163
Hey all, 

there was some kind of question about meet rules earlier in the thread.  I have updated the second post in the thread with some meet guidelines.  Please give it a read, old and new members can learn something there.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #100 of 163
  Don't join the Ones Who Die Early, join me instead and drink water.

I have to save the initiates, lest everyone get diabetes.

obscure alert!!!!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #101 of 163
Is it cool if I bring my jury-rigged measurement rig? I've been wanting to take some more measurements and test some theories to potentially improve and understand my rig so if people are willing, I'd be really thankful!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #102 of 163
Of all the weeks for my GS1000s to be in the shop! Alas, with those gone, I don't really have much of a rig to bring in, barring a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s, if anyone was keen on giving those a listen. Definitely think I'll have to stop by though--I've been terribly keen on hearing some of Zach's stuff ever since I first laid eyes on the Eikon, and that aside, as a fairly new Head-Fier, I've found precious few places near the SE Wisconsin border to demo gear. The chance to finally hear some of the stuff that you guys have so eloquently praised over the years would be a dream come true!

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #105 of 163
If you're bringing a desktop amp it might be a good idea to provide a source as well since many people wont have an available one to plug into it but there are no fixed requirements.

Many people bring a full set up (source, DAC, amp, headphones) for others to listen to.  Others bring their own source to plug into other people's systems (ask first) so they can hear music they are familiar with.  Others bring just headphones, or you don't have to bring anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back