Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #76 of 163

Welcome ! Glad to get some new faces attending!  I will bring some Fostex and the Utopias, don't know if Audio Addict has the Elears to bring again?

Perhaps Keith could drop the meet guidelines into his reserved post for benefit of the newcomers?  

In general, just expect a casual atmosphere and be respectful of other people's equipment.  Specifically, watch out with food and drink & ask before changing hookups or borrowing equipment.  Other than that feel invited to listen to the gear people have set up, that's why they brought it.

Oh, and watch out for Zach.  Zach's a hugger.

Do people bring their own laptops and such? I was wondering if I should bring mine in so people can log into Youtube or whatnot in order to listen to my setup? Do you know if there is wifi?

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #77 of 163
People usually bring a source for their own setup (laptop, portable, etc.) .  If you want to plug your source it into other people's setups that's usually ok, just ask before making any changes.

There is open Wi-Fi but it can be spotty. I suggest you presume it will NOT be available and plan accordingly.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #78 of 163
  I am interested in testing out some Fostex Headphones on the new DAC/AMP.  Looking to buy my first truly high end pair of Focal Elears.  Did not see anyone was bringing a pair.  Maybe I can get an idea from the Utopia being brought.  Also want to try out these cans, particularly the Beyer with the Jotunheim.  I was going to order one but really want to hear it first.  

I'll have an Elear! I think I remember someone else saying they'll have one too. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #79 of 163
I hope that someone will compare the Atticus with the Z1R 
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #80 of 163
Looking forward to hearing the Elear.  I like the DT880 Premium Black set that came yesterday quite a bit.  However, I really do not like the 9ft cable that comes with it.  Might be returning the set if I like even more the Beyer T1 Gen 2 set that is arriving tomorrow.  Won't be fully broken in for the meet but I will bring them with.  Would love to compare the T1 Gen 2 to the Elear.  These have been two top headphones I have had the most interest in what I am willing to spend right now at least.  Man this hobby is getting expensive really quick 
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #81 of 163
  I had a few minutes to kill!

Ishcabible

Modded Sennheiser HD800
Frankenphone with TH900 drivers in a different housing
Modded OPPO PM2
Modded Beyerdynamic T90
Modded Yamaha HP3
Master and Dynamic MH40
(Tentatively) Focal Elear
Krell KSA5 Klone
Bottlehead SEX
Cavalli EHHA rev a
Theta DS Pro Progeny 
EAD DSP7000 (if I can get it fixed)

Zach915m

Headphones and stuff

Zephuros

His great personality

Comzee

Dennis Had Fire-Bottle
Torpedo III
Master 7 with DSP upgrade
HE6

PoochZag

HD800 SDR
HE-6 modded
AD2000
Gumby/Mjolnir 2 Stack
Onkyo DP-x1 with CA Jupiter
GOV2+ infinity 

FraGGler

Schiit Fulla 2
HD650s
Maybe a LHLabs GO2A

OJNeg

Headphone gear

Fishski13

Gungnir/B22
Neurochrome HP-1
Modded HD600
Maybe some AKGs

Mrstrangeguy

HE500
HD800 (modded)
TH900 (modded)

TSAVJason

Sony Z1R
Sony WM1Z
Sony ZH1Z

Warrenchi

Cavalli Liquid Tungsten
Cavalli Liquid Spark

Audio Addict

Focal Utopia

Claritas

Denon CDP
Meier amp
HD600

Jibzilla

Sennheiser HD800
Focal Elear
Apex Sangaku
ECP Walnut V

Swedishdelight

Schiit Jotunheim
HE500

Ogodei

Utopia
HEKv2
Whatever other newness arrives by that point

Hisoundfi

Aune S6
Cayin i5 DAP
Some new Bluetooth headphones from 1More
Balanced Sennheiser HD6XX
Noble Encore
Earsonics SEM-9
LZ-A3S
Oriveti Primacy

Anetode

Electrostats

Roscoeiii

KSE1500s
Meze 99s
HE-5LE

Soundman414

Denon D2000
Nuforce HDP
JDS Labs C5D

It appears no one is bringing HD650 to this meet, I can swap out one of my headphones for a HD650 if people want.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #84 of 163
Just saw this today but count me in also. Can't wait to hear the Liquid Tungsten again ( worth the drive for that alone) that is one fantastic amp for those who haven't heard it you are in for treat the Spark is also pretty sweet.
I'll be bringing
Schiit Yggdrasil
Amps and Sound Kenzie
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Ether C
AKG K872
QP1R
Maybe Koss ESP 950 with Stax SRM-1 MK II
I have a loner pair of Meze 99 Classics if anyone is interested I can bring them also.
Can't wait maybe this time power won't go out and I'll get to hear Zach's stuff this time ; )

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #85 of 163
For those coming in from out of town just got a room at Embassy Suites Lombard for $80 bucks you might want to check that out .

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #87 of 163
I no longer have the Elears. They were sacrificed to upgrade to the Utopia. However since the Sony ecosystem was shipped to me, I will be bringing it to the meet. I am enjoying it as I type. If anyone is interested, talk with Jason at the meet otherwise it is shipping back on Monday.

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #88 of 163
Do we walk around with name tags that have our usernames :cool:
Can't remember from last time but just introduce yourself and you'll be fine. We are all there to listen to good music on awesome gear. Enjoy. This is your first meet right? You will be amongst friends. You can't find a better community than Head-Fi. I've been to several meets and CanJam SoCal and all is good. Bring your love of music and the rest is gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back