Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #61 of 163
I've downsized a bit since my initial post, I don't have a proper amp in the moment, although that may change by the start of the day Saturday. Will likely bring most of the following:

Cold Gumby
ZMF Eikon (but Zach's there anyway)
HD800 SDR+ cork 
AD2000
DP-x1 with CA Jupiter
HE-6 blutak/grill removal modded (maybe, no longer have an amp for them)

Looking forward to it!

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #62 of 163
  I've downsized a bit since my initial post, I don't have a proper amp in the moment, although that may change by the start of the day Saturday. Will likely bring most of the following:

Cold Gumby
ZMF Eikon (but Zach's there anyway)
HD800 SDR+ cork 
AD2000
DP-x1 with CA Jupiter
HE-6 blutak/grill removal modded (maybe, no longer have an amp for them)

Looking forward to it!

I'm looking at buying another HE-6 so I'd be super eager to hear it off my Klone to see if it has enough juice for it. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #65 of 163
I've downsized a bit since my initial post, I don't have a proper amp in the moment, although that may change by the start of the day Saturday.

My Meier amp has two pairs of RCA inputs. If you want to connect your Gumby to one of them, it's no trouble. I can bring along another RCA cable.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #66 of 163
I'll be coming to this one.

I am bringing mostly low end stuff, but hope some people listen to it anyway because imo they are best bang for buck.

Monoprice 8324 (not 8323) with Shure Alcantara earpads
Pioneer SE-A1000 with spring mod, headband mod, and HM5 velour earpads
maybe my beyerdynamic T90's, but probably not.
Philips SHP-9500 with HM5 leather

schiit fulla 2 as well... I may or may not bring my laptop... otherwise I will just be using my phone if I can ever get it to work with spotify/fulla 2, had a lot of issues with it so we will see.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #67 of 163
I am new to the Chicago Meet group.  Lived here my whole life.  I should be able to attend for most of Meet.  My wife's birthday that day so I will probably have to leave early afternoon.  

Looking forward to checking out some of the gear people are bringing.  Just getting into this so I do not have high end gear to bring.  

I will bring:

Beyer DT880 Black Limited Edition
HiFiMan HE400i
Fostex HP-A4BL Balalanced Headphone Amp/DAC
ADL GT40 Swiss Army knife Amp/DAC/ADC/Phono
LQi Balanced Cable for HE400i
iBasso DX80 DAP
FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amp

I am sure most have heard the Beyer DT880s but maybe people would like to see the aesthetics of these cans released just this past August.  They are are literally out for delivery today.  The Fostex HP-A4BL is really nice and not often mentioned.  Very low to pretty much absent noise floor even for highly sensitive IEMs. LQi cable was made by a local guy Jason that I just picked up.  

I am interested in testing out some Fostex Headphones on the new DAC/AMP.  Looking to buy my first truly high end pair of Focal Elears.  Did not see anyone was bringing a pair.  Maybe I can get an idea from the Utopia being brought.  Also want to try out these cans, particularly the Beyer with the Jotunheim.  I was going to order one but really want to hear it first.  

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #68 of 163
Jan 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #69 of 163
please... someone bring STAX 007 or 009... every can I have ever wanted to try is at this meet except one of those, I have a feeling Zach from ZMF is going to have a long line around his booth... MAKE TWO BOOTHS ZACH mmmm I can't wait to try my endgames (Blackwood's) ZMF Vibro MKII is currently my all time fav can, I wonder if Atticus and Eikon can win me over, I doubt it, Planar is hard to beat.

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #74 of 163
I would definitely like to make this Meet.
Can anyone give me a few guidelines?

I'd be bringing Alpha Primes w/DUM cable, AKG K712 Pro and iFi Micro iCAN SE headphone amplifier.

EDIT: First time going to a meet
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #75 of 163
  I am new to the Chicago Meet group.  Lived here my whole life.  I should be able to attend for most of Meet.  My wife's birthday that day so I will probably have to leave early afternoon.  

<deletia>

I am interested in testing out some Fostex Headphones on the new DAC/AMP.  Looking to buy my first truly high end pair of Focal Elears.  Did not see anyone was bringing a pair.  Maybe I can get an idea from the Utopia being brought.  Also want to try out these cans, particularly the Beyer with the Jotunheim.  I was going to order one but really want to hear it first.  

Welcome ! Glad to get some new faces attending!  I will bring some Fostex and the Utopias, don't know if Audio Addict has the Elears to bring again?

Can anyone give me a few guidelines?

EDIT: First time going to a meet
ksc75smile.gif

Perhaps Keith could drop the meet guidelines into his reserved post for benefit of the newcomers?  

In general, just expect a casual atmosphere and be respectful of other people's equipment.  Specifically, watch out with food and drink & ask before changing hookups or borrowing equipment.  Other than that feel invited to listen to the gear people have set up, that's why they brought it.

Oh, and watch out for Zach.  Zach's a hugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back