Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #78 of 191
What thread did you notice it? Make sure you subscribe to the Chicago area notification thread.

AxelC posted about bringing Elear's to the meet in the Focal Elear/Utopia thread.

I'm actually in Indy, but Chicago would be the closest for meets.

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #79 of 191
Cool. Welc
AxelC posted about bringing Elear's to the meet in the Focal Elear/Utopia thread.

[/quot

cool. Welcome.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #80 of 191
Hi all. I'm a newbie in the hifi headphone game. I hope to be able to attend the meet, but I might not be able to.

I'm looking for my 1st pair of nice headphones (not the usual $30 scullcandy stuff), and I hope I can leave with some good recommendations and some idea of what I want to look for. I'm currently considering the Fidelio l2 as my most likely candidate, but I am also interested in some of the cheaper Sennheisers ( hd600 or something in the hd500 series are what I'm looking at).

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #82 of 191
Questyle will be attending!

We will be bringing a CMA600i, multiple QP1Rs, and "some very exciting stuff for us to listen to" 
biggrin.gif

Will also be bringing a pair of Audeze LCD-4, Sine, and XC (updated drivers!) along with Meze 99 Classics, and EnigmAcoustics Dharma D1000!

Most cables used will some beautiful Kimber Axios Kables!

Still making some final preparations on our end but hope to make some more announcements soon!

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Aug 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #83 of 191

I just said that they'd be there, not that I personally am bringing them. Audio Addict is the one who will be bringing the Focals. I'm bringing some other pretty cool surprises.

It'll be nice to have you at the meet. The more the merrier!

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #84 of 191
I just said that they'd be there, not that I personally am bringing them. Audio Addict is the one who will be bringing the Focals. I'm bringing some other pretty cool surprises.

It'll be nice to have you at the meet. The more the merrier!

I talked with Jason, The Source AV and they are shipping out to me for the meet Friday, 8/5 for delivery early next week.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #85 of 191
As your host, I will be bringing:

HE-6
Sansui AU-X901
Schiit Yggy - Schiit Wyrd - 
PC with JRiver 

Does anyone have a nice pair of Balanced cables I can borrow for the meet?  I've been using some monoprice cables and I'd like to try something different.  

Zack, I'd like to try out one of your pads on the HE-6.  is that a possibility?  lambskin maybe? is the special edition Llama ballskin available yet?

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #86 of 191
As your host, I will be bringing:

HE-6
Sansui AU-X901
Schiit Yggy - Schiit Wyrd - 
PC with JRiver 

Does anyone have a nice pair of Balanced cables I can borrow for the meet?  I've been using some monoprice cables and I'd like to try something different.  

Zack, I'd like to try out one of your pads on the HE-6.  is that a possibility?  lambskin maybe? is the special edition Llama ballskin available yet?

I can bring an extra pair. I did not know you had a Yggy.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #88 of 191
  Hi all. I'm a newbie in the hifi headphone game. I hope to be able to attend the meet, but I might not be able to.

I'm looking for my 1st pair of nice headphones (not the usual $30 scullcandy stuff), and I hope I can leave with some good recommendations and some idea of what I want to look for. I'm currently considering the Fidelio l2 as my most likely candidate, but I am also interested in some of the cheaper Sennheisers ( hd600 or something in the hd500 series are what I'm looking at).

Welcome !

​I have the Fidelio and the Senn600s around somewhere, I will dig them out for the meet.  Hope you can make it, atmosphere is very casual and new faces are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back