Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #106 of 191
Damn this is killing me. The wife is coming up also and it will be a hard sell. She had a good conversation with Ian . Doesn't sound like he will be there though my work is going to get harder. The Kenzie is so good.

Justin indicated the Kenzie could be purchased. He did say he is included some cool tubes.
Same price on Massdrop .

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #107 of 191
I doubt remember is there wifi ?

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #109 of 191
Massdrop probaby won't have the tube selection Justin is including. Also you can take it home with you Saturday.

I did confirm the rare tubes are included and they are:

Rogers branded 1626s and a JAN 12SL7GT

He did mentioned that he just gave away he last adapter for using 12AX7.  He did indicate you should be able to find the 12AX7 to 12SL7 adpaters on ebay for $10 or so.  This would increase the flexibility in tube rolling.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #111 of 191
Is anyone gonna have the Campfire Andromeda to audition at the meet? I am tempted to come to the meet just to hear the new Ether Flows and Focals. I am still on the fence between cans or iems for my first top of the line purchase. Ultimately, I will get both, but that will take a lot more saving. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #112 of 191
There is WIFI, but its pretty pedestrian.  Some have run Tidal at the meet, I dont recall how well it ran.  Steves description of spotty is probably about right.  Its a community senior center.  enough for people to check email and surf, but likely not meant for hi-def streaming.

BUT, you can post pictures and comments on Head-Fi ON SITE!!!!  lol.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #113 of 191
Is anyone gonna have the Campfire Andromeda to audition at the meet? I am tempted to come to the meet just to hear the new Ether Flows and Focals. I am still on the fence between cans or iems for my first top of the line purchase. Ultimately, I will get both, but that will take a lot more saving. 

Sure. I can bring a pair of Andromedas.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #115 of 191
That would be great. Thank you. Now I need to see if I can make travel arrangements for less than the cost of new headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Where are you coming from? There may be someone willing to carpool.

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #116 of 191
I am coming from the Chattanooga, TN area - that is if I can swing it. That is a long haul to drive so I am considering cashing in some miles and flying. Seems kinda silly to go to all that trouble, but I am at least going to explore the possibility of coming up.

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #117 of 191
Oh hey, Chattanooga. I'll be in your town tonight to visit my wife. She's managing a hotel in the area for several weeks. I know that drive well (she was in Atlanta from January to July) and it's definitely a long one to Chicago. Looking at their site you can currently book a flight with Spirit Airlines (from Atlanta) round trip for $126.18 + fees, in Friday and out Sunday evening. Food for thought.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #118 of 191
Small world. Enjoy Chattanooga this evening. That is a good deal for the Spirit flight. I have miles on American that I can use which gets me in early Saturday morning and returns Sunday morning. I will check to see if Spirit has anything early on Saturday. That would save me one night hotel and one day car rental.

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #119 of 191
Guys,
Thought about it more, logistically it just doesn't make sense. I work till 8 on Friday. To get to Chicago by 10, I would have to start driving between 2-3am. So say I wake up at 1:30... Then, if I stay till 4 (Central time, right?), I wouldn't get home till 1am realistically. With breaks, about 15-16 hours on the road. I work on Sunday at 11am.

Maybe another time. Hope everyone else has fun!
Just to say howdy, I requested off work two weeks ago and I'm still trying to get it to work... Really hope to come, meet, and do that community thang!

If I come, I could bring (if desired)

Headphones
Sennheiser HD800
AKG K612 (under appreciated budget win around $140)
Vintage Stax ST-X (upon request... Anyone have a speaker amp to use with my transformer? Nudge Hansotek Nudge)

Sources/DACs
Schiit Bifrost Uber
Creative E5

Amp
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
"Rock & Glass" custom SET tube amp

AGAIN, I'm not confirmed yet, but I really hope to come. Would love to see friends and make new ones :)

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #120 of 191
So, I wrote jude a note about getting our meet on the title page.  hasnt happened yet, and no response.  anyone know how to make this happen.  

And more importantly, ZACK, seriously, no comment about the Llama ballskin pads?  Your not the man I thought you were.  I just dont know you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back