Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #91 of 191
To Match these up, I contacted Amps and Sounds  

http://ampsandsound.com/products/headphone-amps/

They have indicated they will ship one out on Monday.  I will pair this with the Pulse Infinity v2.0.

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #94 of 191
There will be several awesome amps to pair with the Flow next weekend. In addition to the Amps & Sound amps that are coming, Netforce is bringing his Questyle CMA600i for us to use and there are a few more goodies that haven't been mentioned in this thread yet. I have a feeling this is going to be a meet many will kick themselves for missing.

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #95 of 191
  There will be several awesome amps to pair with the Flow next weekend. In addition to the Amps & Sound amps that are coming, Netforce is bringing his Questyle CMA600i for us to use and there are a few more goodies that haven't been mentioned in this thread yet. I have a feeling this is going to be a meet many will kick themselves for missing.

Awesome Developments. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #97 of 191
I'm in the market to upgrade my Ether so it'll be nice to get a chance to listen to the Flow before taking the plunge. From everything I've been reading it sounds like the Flow retains the aspects that drew me to the Ether and give a bump in the areas where improvement would be welcome. Looking forward to demoing both.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #98 of 191
Boy, what was really a last minute meet has shaped into something pretty special.  I guess the old "if you build it, they will come" holds true here.  looking forward to seeing old and new faces.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #99 of 191
I'm in the market to upgrade my Ether so it'll be nice to get a chance to listen to the Flow before taking the plunge. From everything I've been reading it sounds like the Flow retains the aspects that drew me to the Ether and give a bump in the areas where improvement would be welcome. Looking forward to demoing both.
Same here just wanting to know if I want to make my C's open flow or stay closed. Really cool to have that option . Can't wait to hear the Kenzie again I was trying to decided between it and the MicroZotl 2. I hope I can hook it up to my Yggy with either pair of Flows. It would make the trip so much more worthwhile even though meating more Head-Fiers is all way a good time.

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #100 of 191
Just to say howdy, I requested off work two weeks ago and I'm still trying to get it to work... Really hope to come, meet, and do that community thang!

If I come, I could bring (if desired)

Headphones
Sennheiser HD800
AKG K612 (under appreciated budget win around $140)
Vintage Stax ST-X (upon request... Anyone have a speaker amp to use with my transformer? Nudge Hansotek Nudge)

Sources/DACs
Schiit Bifrost Uber
Creative E5

Amp
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
"Rock & Glass" custom SET tube amp

AGAIN, I'm not confirmed yet, but I really hope to come. Would love to see friends and make new ones :)

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #101 of 191
Just to say howdy, I requested off work two weeks ago and I'm still trying to get it to work... Really hope to come, meet, and do that community thang!

If I come, I could bring (if desired)

Headphones
Sennheiser HD800
AKG K612 (under appreciated budget win around $140)
Vintage Stax ST-X (upon request... Anyone have a speaker amp to use with my transformer? Nudge @Hansotek Nudge)

Sources/DACs
Schiit Bifrost Uber
Creative E5

Amp
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
"Rock & Glass" custom SET tube amp

AGAIN, I'm not confirmed yet, but I really hope to come. Would love to see friends and make new ones
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a STAX SRM-1 MKII with a normal bias output, if you prefer. Otherwise, I have a compact little Topping TP-22 tripath amp that pairs wonderfully with an SRD-7 adaptor.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #102 of 191
Same here just wanting to know if I want to make my C's open flow or stay closed. Really cool to have that option . Can't wait to hear the Kenzie again I was trying to decided between it and the MicroZotl 2. I hope I can hook it up to my Yggy with either pair of Flows. It would make the trip so much more worthwhile even though meating more Head-Fiers is all way a good time.

Justin indicated the Kenzie could be purchased. He did say he is included some cool tubes.

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #103 of 191
I have a STAX SRM-1 MKII with a normal bias output, if you prefer. Otherwise, I have a compact little Topping TP-22 tripath amp that pairs wonderfully with an SRD-7 adaptor.

Oh, I knew you had the Topping, but didn't realize you had a Stax amp with Normal bias! Either would be fine, so I'll keep you updated if I actually can make it!

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #104 of 191
Justin indicated the Kenzie could be purchased. He did say he is included some cool tubes.
Damn this is killing me. The wife is coming up also and it will be a hard sell. She had a good conversation with Ian . Doesn't sound like he will be there though my work is going to get harder. The Kenzie is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back