Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread!
Mar 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #136 of 181
So is the location locked down yet? 
I should be there. 
Bringing my new WA22 amp, Mytek Dac and headphones????? Kinda churning right now, trying to find something that I like as much as my HE-500, but doesn't weigh so much. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #137 of 181
So is the location locked down yet? 
I should be there. 
Bringing my new WA22 amp, Mytek Dac and headphones????? Kinda churning right now, trying to find something that I like as much as my HE-500, but doesn't weigh so much. 

Great--would very much like to try your Woo with my K340. You might have an opportunity to try ZMF, which has some similarities to HE500.

I'll be bringing my new Marantz CDP, which has USB in too in case anyone wants to test the DAC, and an amp (not yet sure which) along with K340 and some others (not yet sure which, maybe K501 and K702).

June can't come soon enough.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #141 of 181
I sold the Sextett to troymadison (who said he'll probably be able to make it) and the HD580 because I needed a replacement laptop. Came across some more money and got a DT880 600ohm to be CB-modded and SR325is (though that might be gone before the meet). Oh, and I'll most likely have a Hifiman HE-560 to bring.

EDIT: The DT880 came DOA, and I don't particularly have the heart to buy my third DT880 this year alone.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #142 of 181

Just got sent from pricejapan today. I'm really excited to hear it as well. Also should have my used srm-727 paid off soon too. I was against the airbow when I saw a spritzer put it down for just a cryo treatment in 2011. In 2012 though he said that was a bunch of b.s. and stax altered the driver for airbow to the point where the 404 was one of his least favorite and the sc-1 was one his most favorites along with the 404LE which are hard to find. With shipping and paypal it came to $797, about the same price as the 507 and I can tell ya there's not much difference between 407 and 507. Maybe a few percentage points in s.q. and comfort but essentially the same headphone.

Yes, I've been following the airbow as well.  very cool you got it.  I almost snagged a 404le, but I just couldn't justify the cost.  I'm shooting for a LNS myself.  But since your bringing the air bow, maybe I'll bring my humble original sr lambda with the srm1mk2.  I need to get that pro bias plug installed.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #143 of 181
Does anyone have a Grado SR80 non-i version ("pinks") lying around so I can compare it with my 80i? Not hi-fi, I know, but it would be fun.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #144 of 181
  Yes, I've been following the airbow as well.  very cool you got it.  I almost snagged a 404le, but I just couldn't justify the cost.  I'm shooting for a LNS myself.  But since your bringing the air bow, maybe I'll bring my humble original sr lambda with the srm1mk2.  I need to get that pro bias plug installed.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #146 of 181
I say lets put Fang in there.  He'll likely be bringing a bunch of new stuff, and I'd like to really hear it!!! lol..   Otherwise, I don't see a reason to really get the additional room.  Unless its free.  then take it, and we'll put something in there.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #149 of 181
Hey guys, I'm new to this idea of a meet (as well as a beginner audiophile), so could someone possibly explain what it is? What I gathered by reading through the thread is that you guys rent a room in a hotel in the Chicago area, bring your audio equipment and listen and compare your equipment to everyone else's, but please correct me if I am wrong or add anything to fill holes of missing information.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #150 of 181
  Hey guys, I'm new to this idea of a meet (as well as a beginner audiophile), so could someone possibly explain what it is? What I gathered by reading through the thread is that you guys rent a room in a hotel in the Chicago area, bring your audio equipment and listen and compare your equipment to everyone else's, but please correct me if I am wrong or add anything to fill holes of missing information.

You've basically got it.  It is a chance to hear new gear and meet your fellow Headfi enthusiasts in real life.  Often times industry folks will be there with demo gear as well.  Don't be shy if you are new to this hobby, either.  There is no judging of rigs outside of maybe marveling at some of the higher end stuff that shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back