Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread!
Mar 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #151 of 181
  You've basically got it.  It is a chance to hear new gear and meet your fellow Headfi enthusiasts in real life.  Often times industry folks will be there with demo gear as well.  Don't be shy if you are new to this hobby, either.  There is no judging of rigs outside of maybe marveling at some of the higher end stuff that shows up.

Ok, awesome. Thank you! Is it necessary to bring your set-up, or would I be able to just come and enjoy everyone else's? What would I need to bring in order to attend/make the experience as great as possible? Is there a cost of entry or anything like that?

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #153 of 181
You've basically got it.  It is a chance to hear new gear and meet your fellow Headfi enthusiasts in real life.  Often times industry folks will be there with demo gear as well.  Don't be shy if you are new to this hobby, either.  There is no judging of rigs outside of maybe marveling at some of the higher end stuff that shows up.

+1

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #154 of 181
  Ok, awesome. Thank you! Is it necessary to bring your set-up, or would I be able to just come and enjoy everyone else's? What would I need to bring in order to attend/make the experience as great as possible? Is there a cost of entry or anything like that?

Nothing is required, though bringing your rig or at least headphones gives you a familiar point of reference for everything else that you hear.  There isn't a cost usually, as a raffle is held to help pay for the room and other expenses.  Various manufacturers or people will donate stuff to the cause and usually the odds are pretty good that you might win something (though I might be the only person at the last several meets to not win something - even when my girlfriend was the one drawing the tickets...).

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #155 of 181
  Nothing is required, though bringing your rig or at least headphones gives you a familiar point of reference for everything else that you hear.  There isn't a cost usually, as a raffle is held to help pay for the room and other expenses.  Various manufacturers or people will donate stuff to the cause and usually the odds are pretty good that you might win something (though I might be the only person at the last several meets to not win something - even when my girlfriend was the one drawing the tickets...).

Sorry that you haven't been able to win anything, perhaps this year will be your year haha. Also, how do you bring your rig? Would I bring my whole desktop, T1, A2+ and M50, or could I just bring my M50 and be set? As for the raffle, how much does that usually cost? What kind of prizes are there usually?

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #156 of 181
  Sorry that you haven't been able to win anything, perhaps this year will be your year haha. Also, how do you bring your rig? Would I bring my whole desktop, T1, A2+ and M50, or could I just bring my M50 and be set? As for the raffle, how much does that usually cost? What kind of prizes are there usually?

If that is your rig, then yes :).  Some people bring just a headphone like your M50.  Or some people have brought iMacs attached to multiple DACs and Amps with a half dozen headphones.  Really up to you.  I typically bring a laptop and whatever DAC/amp I am using at the time with a couple pairs of headphones.  

I want to say $5 a ticket, but I am not quite sure.  Headphones, IEMs, cables, etc.  Depends each time on which manufacturers contribute.  I think an HE-400 made it into the raffle last year as an example.  

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #157 of 181
  If that is your rig, then yes :).  Some people bring just a headphone like your M50.  Or some people have brought iMacs attached to multiple DACs and Amps with a half dozen headphones.  Really up to you.  I typically bring a laptop and whatever DAC/amp I am using at the time with a couple pairs of headphones.  

I want to say $5 a ticket, but I am not quite sure.  Headphones, IEMs, cables, etc.  Depends each time on which manufacturers contribute.  I think an HE-400 made it into the raffle last year as an example.  

Hmm, ok well awesome! Thank you for helping me to understand this. I have to say I'm really looking forward to it now and I definitely plan to be there!

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #158 of 181
really looking forward to the meet.  just picked up a pair of dt880's to use with the crack.  Always wanted to hear these, but no one ever has them!  so hopefully they will compliment what I've already got going on.  oh yeah, and someone go buy my Grado 225is in the FS forum so I an afford my recent purchase!!

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #162 of 181
  So we're all set up then?  should we start an official meet thread?

I don't have a contract nor have I heard back from the Sheraton they received my deposit.  I will try and reach out this week.  I have been trying to get in touch with Billy but have not had any luck for a month or two.  Does anyone see Billy?

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #163 of 181
Barring some horrible turn of events I will definitely be at this one. Very psyched.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #164 of 181

I don't have a contract nor have I heard back from the Sheraton they received my deposit.  I will try and reach out this week.  I have been trying to get in touch with Billy but have not had any luck for a month or two.  Does anyone see Billy?

Where's billy is always the question.  I only see him a couple times a year.  with you. lol.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #165 of 181
I will definitely try to make it to the unify 8 meet. I was at last years summer meet. It was my first meet ever and it was a blast. Unfortunately I did not get there till about 3 and did not get the chance to hear and see all that was there. I especially regretted not getting to listen to a eddie current balancing act someone had brought to the meet. I have never heard any eddie current units. I hope the person who brought it last year will bring it again. I also hope the person who brought the allnic otl amp will bring it again. I thought it was the best sounding amp that I heard at the meet last summer.
  I will try to bring a rig this year . It may not be a allnic but I think it sounds ok.
 I would also like to meet skylab he was not at last summers show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back