Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread!
Mar 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #121 of 181
I'll be sure to bring the balanced adapter because they don't work on other sources with it. While I do think $500 is a bit steep for RE600+HM700, I don't think the combo is that far behind stuff like the SE846 and K3003i!

I just wish the 700 supported DSD. Honestly, I'm a bit over high-res PCM files. But DSD? HOLY SH!T. Blew my mind. I never understood the difference until I listened to it myself.

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #122 of 181
I've been wanting to try DSD for a while, but the only DSD-capable source I've had was the X5 loaner, and I didn't have any DSD files to use with it. Definitely want to try it at the meet.

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #123 of 181
....  I do hope that Audio Addict can bring the PureDAC again, as I really liked how it sounded, but spent less than a minute on it.  Decware is in Peoria, so maybe someone with more clout could convince someone from there to make an appearance or loan out some gear.......

I have a fully loaded Geek Pulse X with the LPS4 and Blue Tooth along with LH Labs USB cables hopefully arriving before the meet.  If it is as good the threads suggest, the PureDac maybe for sale.

The room was available but need to get the committment finalized as their are a lot of weddings in June.

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #124 of 181
I've been wanting to try DSD for a while, but the only DSD-capable source I've had was the X5 loaner, and I didn't have any DSD files to use with it. Definitely want to try it at the meet.

You can try it with my 120 if you'd like. I kinda hope Kingwa is done testing the DSD kit for his products sometime soon so I can get my bfn 10 dsd ready in time for the meet.

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #126 of 181
I use Windows so the Loki is probably my cheapest option; I can't really afford a new DAC for a good while... And I'm very curious about the AK120 too; I'd love to try it!

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #127 of 181

I have a fully loaded Geek Pulse X with the LPS4 and Blue Tooth along with LH Labs USB cables hopefully arriving before the meet.  If it is as good the threads suggest, the PureDac maybe for sale.

The room was available but need to get the committment finalized as their are a lot of weddings in June.

Mine is fully loaded too, though I was in the second round of femto clock upgrades so I think mine isn't supposed ship until June (which means probably not in June).  That would be quite an accomplishment for LHLabs if the Pulse X is good enough to get you to sell the PureDAC.

Do you need anything from the crowd to finalize a commitment?

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #128 of 181
  Mine is fully loaded too, though I was in the second round of femto clock upgrades so I think mine isn't supposed ship until June (which means probably not in June).  That would be quite an accomplishment for LHLabs if the Pulse X is good enough to get you to sell the PureDAC.

Hm....This looks like a really interesting concept. Did they ever mention what the actual DAC chip in the Pulse x is?

Kojaku

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #129 of 181
Hm....This looks like a really interesting concept. Did they ever mention what the actual DAC chip in the Pulse x is?

Kojaku

Yes, dual mono of ES9018-2M from Sabre. Same chip found in the Resonessence Concero HD. Started off as a cheap desktop version of the GEEK out for $250, but through campaign add ons turned into an $800+ device for backers and might end up retailing for double that. As long as it doesn't sound worse than what I currently use, I'll consider it a success.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #130 of 181
Yes, dual mono of ES9018-2M from Sabre. Same chip found in the Resonessence Concero HD. Started off as a cheap desktop version of the GEEK out for $250, but through campaign add ons turned into an $800+ device for backers and might end up retailing for double that. As long as it doesn't sound worse than what I currently use, I'll consider it a success.

I think you're safe there, man. I personally have always love ES9018 variants when they're done right. I prefer them much more than "equivalent" PCM1704, WM8741 setups (listen to the hypocrite with the AK120), lol.

Kojaku

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #131 of 181

That was really bad news about the delay.  I ordered the balanced and now the earliest is end of July but probably won't show up till the end of August I would speculate.  LH Labs has been running into a lot of startup issues with both the Geek Out and the Geek Pulse but I think they still will deliver but neither is a guarantee as it you are fund raising for their start up and there is nothing that guarantees success.

I am working with Billy trying to get the down payment made to reserve the room.  I called the hotel yesterday to confirm we could still get it but they haven't called back yet.  I will probably try and call again tomorrow afternoon.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #135 of 181
I can probably make this!  Put my name on the list or whatever, sounds like a good time.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back