Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread!
Feb 20, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #106 of 181
Is anyone coming going to bring any Cypher Labs stuff?

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #110 of 181

I came so close to getting that, especially when I saw the red one. I can't wait to hear it. Are there going to be any ZDSE's, L.F.'s or Taboo's? I thought allot about those amps as well but ended up going with the volcano which I love.

Not a whole lot of definites yet, but last time out nearly the entire Cavalli lineup was there, as well as an EC Balancing Act.  Not sure how people's setups have changed since then.  I do hope that Audio Addict can bring the PureDAC again, as I really liked how it sounded, but spent less than a minute on it.  Decware is in Peoria, so maybe someone with more clout could convince someone from there to make an appearance or loan out some gear.

I have a fully loaded Light Harmonic GEEK Pulse ordered, but I probably have a better chance of growing a third arm than receiving it prior to the meet.  Otherwise, I will have a GEEK Out and a Schiit Vali to represent the other end of the budget spectrum. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #111 of 181
So it looks like my porta-rig version 0.9.5 will be coming to the meet (that version number is because I won't be able to afford the RWAK120B conversion until my birthday in September). I'll also bring my Audio-gd NFB 10-ES2 and LCD-3, if anyone wants to hear what a pair of LCD3s sounds like with a BUNCH of current behind it (though completely neutral). Another little treat I'll bring is something that not a lot of folks have heard around here: the mini-Audeze...the in-ear stagediver 2 :)

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #112 of 181
Yes, I will be coming to this event.  :)  

Will bring our Liquid Glass, BiFrost Uber/Lyr, and either the Conductor or Mjolnir/Gugnir stack. We'll also have all three of our headphones.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #113 of 181
  Yes, I will be coming to this event.  :)  

Will bring our Liquid Glass, BiFrost Uber/Lyr, and either the Conductor or Mjolnir/Gugnir stack. We'll also have all three of our headphones.

Three?

Alpha Dog, Mad Dog, and...?

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #114 of 181
  Three?

Alpha Dog, Mad Dog, and...?

Kojaku

The new Mad Dog Pro (falls in between the Mad Dog and Alpha sonically, and price-wise.  First impressions have been posted in the Mad Dog thread).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #115 of 181
  The new Mad Dog Pro (falls in between the Mad Dog and Alpha sonically, and price-wise.  First impressions have been posted in the Mad Dog thread).

Dammit, it's temptingly affordable.

Oh, and I'm 90% sure I'll be there now. Stuff I'll bring (and this is subject to change/upgrade):
Audio Technica W1000X with W5000 drivers
ZMF T50RP V1 (Actually, I can try to convince Zach to come, since he lives in Chicago)
Sennheiser HD580
Maybe a Sextett if I keep mine
Those Woodphone things that White Lotus started a thread on
Gamma2
Audio-GD SA-31 (I wish I could bring my EHHA, but that's staying in Boston).
Hifiman HM700+RE600 (it's a staggeringly good combination)

Whatever else is in my profile that people want me to bring

I'm hoping to have an Enigma, but my money's been going to good food lately, so that might not happen.

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #116 of 181

Oh, and I'm 90% sure I'll be there now. Stuff I'll bring (and this is subject to change/upgrade):
ZMF T50RP V1 (Actually, I can try to convince Zach to come, since he lives in Chicago)
Sennheiser HD580
Gamma2

I'm hoping to have an Enigma, but my money's been going to good food lately, so that might not happen.

Is the RE600 you have balanced?

Kojaku

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #117 of 181

Sennheiser HD580
Gamma2

If you still have the Sextett by then, I'd sure like to hear it alongside my K340.

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #118 of 181
  Is the RE600 you have balanced?

Kojaku

Yup! I'm not sure if Hifiman wants me to return it to them because it's a review unit (forgot about that part...), but if I still have it, I'm definitely bringing it.

If you still have the Sextett by then, I'd sure like to hear it alongside my K340.

I'm aiming to keep it! I like its mids more than my ZMF, but I'm trying to fund the W5000 driver. I think I'm just going to get rid of the Grados to fund them instead...or take part in some paid experiments. I almost bought a K340 myself, so I'm interested too. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #120 of 181
I'll be sure to bring the balanced adapter because they don't work on other sources with it. While I do think $500 is a bit steep for RE600+HM700, I don't think the combo is that far behind stuff like the SE846 and K3003i!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back