Chesky Records makes a high-rez album for Head-Fi'ers--in binaural!
Apr 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #16 of 137
awesome! there are not enough binaural tracks out there. Could they record the track in both binaural and standard simultaneously? Or would that require radically different positioning and monitoring? Keep up the good work chesky!

Apr 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 137
Just use your paypal account to buy ... I buyed about 30 albums and I live in canada.

I will not buy that because it's just "ambiant" rythm/sound according to the preview.

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 137
I'm more of a classical kinda' guy, and maybe that's why I'm so attracted to this music (dare we call it that?)! I'm listening to the 24/176 version and it's stunning. A work of art and music in the strictest sense of the word. The low level detail is unbelievable.

This is easily the finest binaural recording I have in my library. Well done Chesky! Bravo! More! More! 

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 137
It's a lot of fun comparing the different recording techniques! I MUCH prefer the binaural version! Being so used to listening to sound field recordings using headphones, experiencing depth and dimensionality is a wonder! This is gonna be fun! 

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #23 of 137
Very cool I will have to download this when I get off of vacation. 

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #24 of 137
I saw this a few weeks ago on HDTracks but had no idea it was connected to Head-Fi.  I just bought it and it is quite a lot of fun to listen to.  

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #25 of 137
I would love to hear someone do a head-fi review of the 24/96 vs the higher rez version.  Can you hear a difference?  If so, in what ways?  For those of us who like to stretch our music dollar, this would be great and instructive.  Perhaps a double blind test?  Anyone up for it?

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 137
Awesome.  Just picked up the 88KHz version.  I'm not into Jazz usually, but for a high-res binaural version, it's worth a shot.

Edit: Darn it, I was too excited and forgot the code!

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #27 of 137
Yeah, same. There are two versions of most of the tracks, one binaural, one soundfield, so they can be enjoyed on both headphones and speakers.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #28 of 137

Quote:
I have an account, and when I try using paypal I get a weird error which is why I wrote to HDTracks and they said no for Canadian purchases. Man, that is weird. Guess I lose out.

Earlier today I got a weird error with PayPal too, even though I had previously bought several albums from them before. But I just tried it again and it worked this time. It was probably some random error.

My guess is officially they are not supposed to sell outside the US due to licensing issues from the record labels. But with PayPal the seller doesn't have access to your billing address, so there's no way to enforce the US-only rule in that case.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #30 of 137
I picked up this album, the 24/88 version, about a week ago. It is a very impressive recording and has stellar imaging and soundstage with my Audio-gd NFB-10WM and balanced HD 650s. I have enthusiastically enjoyed this album and will definitely be supporting any Chesky binaural projects in the future. I really hope we can drum up enough support to warrant more projects.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back